Rodman Dam Trail Ride IV

Started by jjamesbar, November 02, 2004, 12:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

Quoteif you can't find your way through the trail just do what my group did the last time when it was pitch back out. Ride on the side of 19 like Mike said.

Yea I did that on the last ride myself but it wasn't dark I just couldn't find the right trail so instead of getting lost I went the way I knew.  ;D It's a long ride from Salt Springs to Rodman lol If I can get to just north of the Salt Springs rec. area I know exactly where to go from there through the woods it's just the first leg from Ida's to SS that I am worried about.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

jjamesbar

Quoteit isn't against any laws to run the side of the Hwy to my knowledge or is it?

as long as you stay on the back side of the telephone poles or ditches your legal. anything between them is the right-of-way. the man dont like us riding there, he gets a little miffed. along 19 there are a few places you have to ride in the right-of-way. you just have to drop the hammer and go. i prefer to stay in the woods though.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Ida_Mann

Quoteif you have the least amount of doubt about the ride to the 88 store you should stay at the pit. you'll still have a great time there as well. i'm not one to stay in one place, i like trail rides.

jeff

I agree with ya Jeff, but you know my reasons for staying already.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

#628
Quoteok steve it sounds like you have a group, good. hey, good luck on the trip from ida's cabin it took me 3 tries to get to the woods just south of his cabin legally. lots of trails and no direct path.

jeff

to be able to head that way from my place, you need to first go West of 597 then turn North.  Basically if you are looking at a map of the area, mark three spots: 1. 88 store, 2. 314 X 88, 3. 314 X 597.  Now that you have these three spots marked, draw a triangle between them,,,,,thats the area thats off limits and it's not marked very well to let you know you are in a off-limits spot.


I'll try to draw a map in a few minutes since I got nothing better to do than work ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jjamesbar

QuoteI agree with ya Jeff, but you know my reasons for staying already.

Id@

hey, im all about freedom of choice.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

bbf

dose any one know the phone to the camp grounds where you can park a rv at

Redgrizzly660

Sheldon

Elite number is 1800-356-2460

The cool Grizz

budman

Don't you mean "The frigid Grizz"
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

bbf

thanks grizz . how is your trip so far looks cold up there from what i can see

Asphaltdragon

#634
Hey Grizz add me to that huge ass list off riders you got going ;D I'll be hanging with Sk8ter. When are you getting back to FL? The little lady and I moved up to Coconut Creek, talk about a ATV community, you gotta see this neighborhood..... 8)
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

budman

Welcome Asphaltdragon!! I finally get to see you ride! Getting closer and closer. Almost here!!!  Wooo Hoooo....
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

GEARMADE

im going to try and make this one hope to see you all there ;D

LakeMaryKid

Quoteim going to try and make this one hope to see you all there ;D


Woah Woah Woah  who do you think you are? Just butting in. Hahaha how have you been man? Hows that ole smoker?
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

LTZ400ApK


atvs...my_viagra

hey yall,new to this site but real glad my brothers....cableguy and brad400 told me about it.

we are bringing three more for the ride,
wifey,myself and other brother kelly.
we cant wait.....especially wifey lol. 8)

atvs...my_viagra

just wondering how much fuel do ya think its gonna take for the entire ride?
i understand that we are gonna fuel at 88 store,just not sure if we should carry fuel or just top off b/4 we leave out????
i ride a warrior 350 stock bike,,,,,,,,,,wifeys got a trailblazer 250........and brotherkelly has a kawasaki 220 i think?
all are stock unfortunatley lol.better on gas i guess

budman

QuoteOmF is It time yet......


I don't know about you, but I'm going to ONF
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

GEARMADE

QuoteWoah Woah Woah  who do you think you are? Just butting in. Hahaha how have you been man? Hows that ole smoker?
I have been good.And faster than yours!! ;)

jjamesbar

Quoteim going to try and make this one hope to see you all there ;D

"He's Back"

well everyone that thought they were fast might have to rethink that now. this guy rides "balls to the wall" in the woods.
nice to here your coming, jay.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Are we there yet,are we there yet, are we there yet :P
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

rubicon500kid

hey im proble repeating mt self and other people Q's but is there camping at rodman dam and if there is how much and can u put reservation on a spot cuz ill be there firday around noon sat,sun,and leaving monday in the moring
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

GEARMADE

Quote"He's Back"

well everyone that thought they were fast might have to rethink that now. this guy rides "balls to the wall" in the woods.
nice to here your coming, jay.

jeff
yeah trying to make this one i have not been in frount of a computer in months had a bad time in the last storm 2 trees on the house and 4 other large oaks down making a large mess i have been cuting and burning ever since! got spider webbs on the quad need to pull it out and get her running also talk the old lady into going ;) dont know how far i can go with my fuel issue i think shee will go 30 miles on a tank might have to hang out at the pit with cory and crew will see. also i have not rode in quit a while that long of a ride and my a s s would be broke!! :'(

fl750mudder

I have never heard of this Rodman Dam before. I will hopefully be there with about ten others. I hope there is some mud!  :)I just joined this forum today after seeing a post on the Highlifter website.
2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos[/url]

love_to_roost

Guys I know that I am kinda late on this one but I will try find
out if any of the North Florida guys are going been itchin to
ride again.
96 warrior alba graphics renthal bars piaa light kit     11 to 1wiseco piston titanium valves 450 high lift cam 36mm mukuni with twist ,dg pipe paddles and holeshots

Qdawg76

Quotejust wondering how much fuel do ya think its gonna take for the entire ride?
i understand that we are gonna fuel at 88 store,just not sure if we should carry fuel or just top off b/4 we leave out????
i ride a warrior 350 stock bike,,,,,,,,,,wifeys got a trailblazer 250........and brotherkelly has a kawasaki 220 i think?
all are stock unfortunatley lol.better on gas i guess
My wife rides a Trailblazer and she makes it to the 88 store with enough fuel, then on the way back she is fone on fuel also, as long as we dont get lost to much.lol
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525