Rodman Dam Trail Ride IV

Started by jjamesbar, November 01, 2004, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubicon500kid

ill be going whit about 5 or 6 bikes or more
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

dreth


Holeshot36

I'm have 2 bikes with me. Man this is gonna be crazy with so many people, can't wait.

big-daddy

quote author=Chris505 link=board=wheretoride;num=1103247663;start=0#0 date=12/16/04 at 20:41:03]I just read on http://www.wildflorida.org/hunting/handbook/handbook02.htm#1

That hunting season stops at rodman on 1/23/04...Am i wrong?????

Would'nt you think that there will be alot of hunter out on the 22nd???? :o[/quote]
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

SkyHighT100

I think with over 100 quads being at the ride that the hunters will be a bit outnumbered, lol. I dont think it will be anything to be too concerned about, if you are truely worried about it.. where a bright tshirt ;) Just watch out for piano wire and roofing nails, lol. I know myself and a bunch of others will be there, we could care less if its hunting season or not... its a free country and hunters have to share the land just as we do. :)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

big-daddy

they hunt 2 month a year, we ride all year. they paid to hunt we ride for free, they have guns we have kids. what sounds wrong here? just what to have a good time.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Moose

#556
Check this out, I think it will help ease your mind. If I'm not mistaken, general gun season is over the 9th.

http://www.wildflorida.org/hunting/wma/NE_Region/Ocala-web.pdf
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

bbf


big-daddy

thanks guys; I called a ranger friend last night, General gun 11-3 to 1-9 and Small game opens 1-10 to 3-6 in Ocala. its better to be safe than sorry.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Da_Mtg_Man

Yep, I don't know why but Rodman is considered  "south district" and general gun is over on Jan 9th So ride on.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Moose

One thing to keep in mind, ONF is a ( Wildlife Management Area ) run by the FL. Fish & Wildlife Com. These areas sometimes have slightly different rules as the state general hunting rules, and they change them when ever they want, so you have to read their brochure every year to stay up on the changes.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Ida_Mann

I know there was some discussion about this earlier in the post, but can we get a definative answer on this from a ranger office? or two to be sure ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Hollywood

Trust me I've been hunting there for years it always runs from the 2nd weekend in Nov. till the 2nd weekend in Jan. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

GreggT

Just got back from India. (They have some great trails to ride, but I don't think we'll be doin a group ride there anytime soon). 170 quads on our next group ride? That's awesome! Can't wait to see everyone again.
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

autotek1

count me in with 2 other bikes

450RRRR

hey greggt , i live up in sarasota, and i have a couple of friends that live in the cape.we are trying to figure out the time of morning we need to leave to make it to rodman by 8.00 am.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quotehey greggt , i live up in sarasota, and i have a couple of friends that live in the cape.we are trying to figure out the time of morning we need to leave to make it to rodman by 8.00 am.

It takes right at 4 hrs to get to Rodman from Pine Island  and Burnt Store Rd.
I'd plan on leaving at 3:30 just to be safe, That way you can stop in N Tampa and refill the coffee.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Chris505

whew :o that is going to be a long day,, especially if your driving home the same day....
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

Ida_Mann

QuoteIt takes right at 4 hrs to get to Rodman from Pine Island  and Burnt Store Rd.
I'd plan on leaving at 3:30 just to be safe, That way you can stop in N Tampa and refill the coffee.

your'e braver than me sir.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

GreggT

Wow,
We'll be headin up Friday morning. We'll get there just after lunch Friday and try to get a ride in. (Mtg man and big Pimpin...count us in). Mike is right...about 4 hours from cape Coral, maybe 3:15 from sarasota. Look me up when you get there...or we can convoy up if you can get away Friday.
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

big-daddy

#570
I am ready, lets go. ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

robo02cop

its confirmed I got the time off for this ride I will be going up friday morning and then coming home saturday afternoon or sunday morning depends on what time I work on sunday!!!!!!!!
Yeah I FINALLY get to join in on a huge ride!!!!!!!!! ;D
04 Red and White Yamaha Banshee ~ Traded
04 Blue Yamaha R1
1984 Honda ATC 110 3 wheeler
1985 Honda ATC 125 4 wheeler

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Redgrizzly660

#573
RODMAN RIDE IV                  
                
Question about this ride U can E-mail redgrizzly660                    
   We will be meeting at 8 am at Rodman Dam Sat Jan 22 group picture will be taken at 9 AM sharp. There is a map on page 17 if anyone needs to know where is Rodman Dam      
      
JJamesbar                    
Grizz                           4 RV site 12                    
Moose                         3 cabin 32                  
Da mgt man                 5                    
Bigg Pimpin                      
Thrasher                    
Dreth                          4  cabin 16                  
Ace 5180                    
Gotahemi                     5-6                    
LTZ400apk                    
Skyhight100                    
Lil Mrs honda 1             4-5                    
Atvtrailer                    
Girlieblazer                   2                    
It's my quad                cabin 17                    
Mud bug                    
Budman                
Camoprairie                   3              
Grizzlybear                    4 cabin 3              
Chillinthemost                  
Mars                  
GaryinSeffner                  2                
T2 Raptor f350             cabin 34                
Blaster boy 200            cabin 34                
NJarrett                
Gregg T                     3 cabin 12                
Fixfarm                      4 cabin 27                
Racemanfl                  4 cabin 37-38                
race friend                      5 cabin 6              
Deluxe 21                   4  RV 5                
Brother                      4 cabin 24                
              
Lowe Rider                 4 cabin 26                
Christ505                   3 cabin 4              
Steve K                          4              
Nightbreed              
Mrs Nightbreed              
Sk8r dude                  2 cabin 5              
JbbJ220            
Tallahassee group      4-6 cabin 15-31-35            
Andy                           cabin 28            
Kfor                            cabin 7            
Ericz 123            
Jeremy            
Dc8driver                         3 cabin 22          
Miami Blaster                    6 cabin 10          
Chuck Norris                     4 cabin   1          
Tom          
Bigworm3699                     6          
JD                                   2        
Bluesman                          2      
Arod                                3      
Yamahafirefighter               2      
Zilla 954      
klxrider                             3    
1fast250r                         4      
Familyatver                       5    
Caospop                           Salt Spring site 20    
Customrubicon                   Salt Spring 112 tent    
Mitch    
03yellowz                          4      
Grizzlysp  
Bigdaddy                              3  
It 250 r  
holeshot36  
Id@ man   (sorry man)
GSXR1000                               11
Lowe rider                                             site 2
Kelly & Shawn                                         cabin 26
Auto Tek                                                2  
Robo02cop
wowA450rrrr                                            2
Quadzilla
BiggPimpin                                               3
GrizzlyGator                                             4
Wakulla-Ram                                          12

Total bikes                                   192

Quadzilla

i can not beleive how BIG this ride is getting...  I was going anyways but i'm on my way back to West Virtginia to get my own quad.  Otherwise i was just going to ride one of my brothers...lol  Anyways, see ya all there...

Merry Christmas ya'll!!!!! [smiley=Approve.gif]
01 rancher all stock......for now!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com