Rodman Dam Trail Ride IV

Started by jjamesbar, November 01, 2004, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbf

it getting to be quite a ride should be a blast

wakulla ram

i'll be there count me and my crew in (5 bikes and 6 or 7 quads) i will be there friday evening about 6 or 7pm anybody up for a night run?
2004 suzuki ltz400 (white)
white bros e2 pipe, alba nerfs, jet kit, k&n air filter, pro taper handlebars and 13/41 sprockets w/did x ring chain.

Hollywood

QuoteWow,
We'll be headin up Friday morning. We'll get there just after lunch Friday and try to get a ride in. (Mtg man and big Pimpin...count us in). Mike is right...about 4 hours from cape Coral, maybe 3:15 from sarasota. Look me up when you get there...or we can convoy up if you can get away Friday.

Let's get it on! lol  ;)

BTW Grizz count me in for 3 maybe 4, My fiance and son will be with me and possibly banshee28 also.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

scrambledeggs

#578
Are helmets required in ONF? Thanks for the feedback. My friend doesn't own a helmet and was wanting to know if he needed to buy one for this area.

Thrasher

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Ida_Mann

QuoteAre helmets required in ONF?

and encouraged by others.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jbbj220

I know that I am very new to this site (THANKS BIGWORM FOR PUTTING ME ONTO IT) but I am going to put in my 2 cents worth about helments. If you are going on this ride wear a helment, and ride real safe and smart. As big as this has gotten there might be some of our news frinds around and we all know how thwy like to BASH ATV's, we do not need any bad press.  ::)  ::)
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

big-daddy

think safe! I think we need to set up different groups and spread the groups, 4 groups of 50 or 8 groups of 25 ? in each group you have a leader, rider with GPS and one guard at the end. the guy at the end will keep any other riders from moving up the line. we can keep a distance of 50 yard between groups. the leaders and the end guards can talk to each other by 2 ways radios. I will supply the 2 way radios from by rental stock. Motorola SP 50 talking distance of 5 miles with no problem. Just idea !
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

GrizzlyGator

 ;D I think that we will have at least 4 atv's from Fernandina going and a possibility of an additional 2 more, put us in!! This will be our first trip to Rodman Does anyone have some gps waypoints of some of the starting points of the trails or posibly any other places that are on our proposed trail? Can you double up at Rodman or only single riders allowed? BTW this is a great site wish I had found it earlier!! Are there any age limits for riders? My son is 13 yr old on a honda 350 and I know some places won't let him ride certain sized machines^*&(^.  ATVS ROCK!!!!!!  :P ;D  

miamiblaster

 I know this is a 24 page topic  :o  :o  :o  :o But if you go back you will find all the answers to your questions and no there is no age limit its all free just bring a quad and a mouth full of teeth to smile and have a good time. oh and you might want to bring some beer if your a drinker  ;)
I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back

budman

Good idea, big-daddy.... I know who my group is going to be, unless I bust Grizz's chops too much...He's left me before....I never learn. Unfortunately I will NOT have a GPS for this run. (see bad luck 12/04) Still paying for the last ride. But looks like I'm still in. The only question mark is what I am hauling the bikes with. The Ford is still down, but the Jeep runs. Well, today anyway.   :-X
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Redgrizzly660

I posted this before

Location
 
Rodman Dam
N 29 30.097 W081 48.909
 
Camp #2 Old hand pump
N 29 22.729 W081 48.490
 
88 Stores
N 29 21.574 W081 49.228
 
Eureka dam
N 29 22.738 W 081 53.328
 
Bike (a Place to ride from close to Elite)
N 29 23.420 W 081 42.509

Redgrizzly660

#587
RODMAN RIDE IV
Question about this ride U can E-mail redgrizzly660

  We will be meeting at 8 am at Rodman Dam Sat Jan 22 group picture will be taken at 9 AM sharp. There is a map on page 17 if anyone needs to know where is Rodman Dam  
JJamesbar
Grizz                   4 RV site 12
Moose                 3 cabin 32
Da mgt man
Bigg Pimpin
 Thrasher
Dreth cabin          16
Ace 5180
Gotahemi             5-6
LTZ400apk
Skyhight100 Lil Mrs honda 1 4-5
Atvtrailer  
Girlieblazer            2
It's my quad             cabin 17
Mud bug
Budman
Camoprairie          3  
Grizzlybear           4 cabin 3
Chillinthemost
Mars
GaryinSeffner       2
T2 Raptor f350    cabin 34
Blaster boy 200    cabin 34
NJarrett
Gregg T             3 cabin 12
Fixfarm              4 cabin 27
Racemanfl          4 cabin 37-38
race friend         5 cabin 6
Deluxe 21          4 RV 5
Brother             4 cabin 24
 
Lowe Rider        4 cabin 26  
Christ505          3 cabin 4
Steve K            4
Nightbreed
Mrs Nightbreed
Sk8r dude           2 cabin 5
JbbJ220
Tallahassee group 4-6 cabin 15-31-35
Andy                 cabin 28
Kfor                   cabin 7
Ericz 123
Jeremy  
Dc8driver           3 cabin 22
Miami Blaster      6 cabin 10
Chuck Norris       4 cabin  1
Tom
Bigworm3699         6
JD                       2
Bluesman              2
Arod                    3
Yamahafirefighter   2
Zilla 954
klxrider                 3
1fast250r              4
Familyatver            5
Caospop                     Salt Spring site 20
Customrubicon             Salt Spring 112 tent
Mitch
03yellowz              4
Grizzlysp
Bigdaddy
It 250 r  
holeshot36
Id@ man
GSXR100011
Lowe rider              site 2 Kelly & Shawn  cabin 26
Auto Tek               2
Robo02cop
wowA450rrrr           3
Quadzilla
BiggPimpin              3
GrizzlyGator            4
Wakulla-Ram         12
Bigred                    2
Jax raptor               2
GSXR1000                    SITE 15 19
ASPHALTDRAGON             CABIN 5
ATV MY VIAGRA       3
fL750 MUDDER          10
ERIC                       2
CRAZY CAT 420        4
SHADOWMAN
PORTORANGE            5
JACKINTHEBOX          7

TOTAL BIKES 234

CONTACT ME IF I LEFT U OUT

450RRRR

QuoteWow,
We'll be headin up Friday morning. We'll get there just after lunch Friday and try to get a ride in. (Mtg man and big Pimpin...count us in). Mike is right...about 4 hours from cape Coral, maybe 3:15 from sarasota. Look me up when you get there...or we can convoy up if you can get away Friday.
we are still working on getting off fri. may have to just get up extra early sat . morn.
grizz make it 3 for sure with me and maybe 2 more . but thats not for sure. they are still working on the time off

big-daddy

budman, we have a 30' trailer. I think their room for other quad. we are leave friday morning, gave myself friday off. ;D PM me and let me know.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Chris505

Quotethink safe! I think we need to set up different groups and spread the groups, 4 groups of 50 or 8 groups of 25 ? in each group you have a leader, rider with GPS and one guard at the end. the guy at the end will keep any other riders from moving up the line. we can keep a distance of 50 yard between groups. the leaders and the end guards can talk to each other by 2 ways radios. I will supply the 2 way radios from by rental stock. Motorola SP 50 talking distance of 5 miles with no problem. Just idea !

Good idea... Another must is when riding allways keep the guy behind you insight and if this is done no one will get left behind....As long as everyone does it..

i have my new garmin276c.. Been using it everywhere it is a really easy machine to use...I've got it down packed,, with a little knowledge from my old one....made it easy....

Like i said before for the not so hardy riders,, Im going to follow everyone to the store but after that i will be heading straight back to rodman..Instead of taking the LONG WAY back..( To BS with the folks there). So if anyone is interested let me know and we will get group together at the 88store....
Im only doing this because of the last trip where we didnt get back to after 9pm due to complications. ;D ;D.. Let me know if there is anyone that wants to do this...
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

customrubicon

Quotebudman, we have a 30' trailer. I think their room for other quad. we are leave friday morning, gave myself friday off. ;D PM me and let me know.

We will be leaving from West Palm on Friday also. We could all meet on I95 and convoy up together. It looks like we will have extra space on the trailer if needed.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

jaxraptor

may have been discussed earlier but i couldn't locate..i have a raptor 660 and my son a dirtbike crf150.  i don't know if we can make the entire ride on one tank of gas.  does the "88 store" have gas?  

thnx,
jeff

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

J.D.

The groups will probably puddle up on their own . There will be a few people there with a knowledge of the trails , just pick a group you think you can hang with and hold on . They will probably be easy to figure out . I know I personally dont want my riding regulated to someone else's discression . So we can all get our money worth. :P
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

wakulla ram

anybody riding that friday evening or night before?
2004 suzuki ltz400 (white)
white bros e2 pipe, alba nerfs, jet kit, k&n air filter, pro taper handlebars and 13/41 sprockets w/did x ring chain.

T2

#596
QuoteGood idea... Another must is when riding allways keep the guy behind you insight and if this is done no one will get left behind....As long as everyone does it..

i have my new garmin276c.. Been using it everywhere it is a really easy machine to use...I've got it down packed,, with a little knowledge from my old one....made it easy....

Like i said before for the not so hardy riders,, Im going to follow everyone to the store but after that i will be heading straight back to rodman..Instead of taking the LONG WAY back..( To BS with the folks there). So if anyone is interested let me know and we will get group together at the 88store....
Im only doing this because of the last trip where we didnt get back to after 9pm due to complications. ;D ;D.. Let me know if there is anyone that wants to do this...
Chris I think the reason we got back so late the last time was we had to wait for those 20 min pizzas, hopefully we don't run into this problem again. Due to more people and less daylight now we need to just spend more time ridding and not eating and we should be alright. And the way its looks more people have GPS's now so getting lost should not be an issue either.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

450RRRR

i was going to ask if i should take the race front end of my sons 400ex and put his lights back on.i would hate for him to be with out lights .do you guys think we will be out after dark,any chance.
 i read that some may go back the same way we came out from the 88 store . at a very quick pace. any further plans for that

Da_Mtg_Man

If any of you have a cabin and can't make the ride then let me know, I will probably take it. I am planning on taking my camper but then I will have to take 2 vehicles, I'd rather just get a cabin if at all possible. Let me know.

Mike
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Bigred

Looks like I will be going with 2 quads + maybe 2 more

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com