Which one would you pick?

Started by Anoriginal, May 07, 2009, 10:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

If you had to pick, which one would it be?

(Just pick from the ones offerred. This isn't a discussion for "other" models and makes. These are the only ones on the table...Thanks!)

http://www.gradywhite.com/306/

http://www.contender.com/boats.aspx?id=454

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/31_yellowfin.htm

Just curious.  ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

trx#9

The last one looks the best.... ;D






I don't know chet about about boats, even though I own one. So don't take my word for it.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Da_Mtg_Man

I've always liked the YellowFin. Keep in mind the Grady and Contender are great boats too. Honestly, You can't go wrong with any of them but if it were my money, I would go with the Y F
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

AintSkeered

Yellowfin holds more fuel, uses less fuel(600hp vs. 700hp) for potentially greater range and is lighter than the other two.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

m0n0x1d3

Yellowfin.
I have ridden in several contendors and yes they are nice but not exactly the dryest riding boat out there.They seem to be way overpriced as well.

Busta Nutt


Anoriginal

Um, didn't you read the post?

And, Sea Vee is junk compared to those.  ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

D33411

You need to look at it like a female.  Whichever one is cuter!  It is how I buy my guns, my cars, etc.  And cute doesn't mean pink.  I think the yellow fin is the cutest.  haha  For what it is worth.  Dawn

greenmachine

IMHO the choice is only between Contender & YellowFIn.
I would take the Contender personally.

Busta Nutt


B. Graves

that yellow fin is bad ass. and that 17 foot skiff that yellow fin makes is pretty bad ass too. i will own one of those one day.

FishaHallic

Do we have another fishing trip planned ?

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those boats, they are all top of the line  :ThumbsUp.gif

LakeMaryKid

Personally i would take the yellow fin. Awesome boat with an awesome ride. Contender's seem to be one of the roughest riding boats. And like said not the driest either. You can't go wrong with any of those boats in reality though.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Mudneck

#14
Quote from: FishaHallic on May 07, 2009, 08:44:47 PM
Do we have another fishing trip planned ?

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those boats, they are all top of the line  :ThumbsUp.gif

AS a matter of fact :o I will be hitting the spring Yellow fin run between Lucaya and Great Isaac June 4-8th ::) Although I will be traveling on a non mentioned vessel..(Mako)
http://www.bluemarlincove.com/



[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Anoriginal

I've fished them all. In really rough stuff too. Honestly, the best ride goes to the Grady White, and it's hard to argue the the quality and reputation of a Grady White. We've had two in our family over the years and both were great boats from start to finish. But, you pay the price too.

The Contender is definitely NOT a wet boat and rides very nice as well. However, their quaility isn't what it was in the late 90's. The worst weather I've every experienced at sea was in a 33 Contender Cuddy. I was gald we were in that boat. It handled it like a dream.

Yellowfin...that's another story all together. Probably the best open fish boat on the market today. Everything is hand laid and custom built from the bottom to the top. Awesome ride and a great hull design. Most of all though, it's got one of the best thought out layouts on deck for fishing.

The Whaler is a nice boat but, it's not on par with any of these three. I've fished several large Whalers and the layout and ride isn't comprable to these boats. Don't get me wrong. A Whaler is a nice boat but, when it comes to offshore center consoles, these three are beyond the Whaler.

There's a few others that are close (Fountain, Intrepid, Jupiter, Regulator, Ocean Master) but, I was curious about opinions on these three only.  ;D

Fish, you know I'm ready to go fishing any time. All I need is an excuse!!!   ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

D33411

Oh, go ahead and say it.  And it is the cutest!

m0n0x1d3

Suprised  you didnt mention Dusky .My smaller boat is a 20' seapro cc and it has to be one of the dryest boats i have ever been in.The 25' Seevee handles nice but it is a wet ride.Scout has a nice 32 out now that is getting rave reviews.All 3 you mentioned are realy nice boats and i am sure you will be happy with wichever one you choose.Seen contender testing a boat the othermorning as I was heading out,thing had 4 Verados on the back of it.When he hitt he throttle it was off like a rocket.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com