BIG SCRUB "May the 7th" SPEEEEEEEEEEEED

Started by dreth, April 18, 2005, 11:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreth

 :o

This is round 2 of our speed riders club! if you cant ride fast you cant ride with us.................basically, no site seeing or unecessary stopping with this group!  we ride as fast as the terrain will let us and dont take many breaks. we wait at intersections so no one gets lost the its right back in the gas ;D
so whos in?

Exmx54

Can you give me a little more info on where this big scrub place is? Sounds like fun  ;D Also, what kind of tires should I bring, throw the 20 inch rears and 22 inch fronts for some clearance, or my MX tires work?

dreth

QuoteCan you give me a little more info on where this big scrub place is? Sounds like fun  ;D Also, what kind of tires should I bring, throw the 20 inch rears and 22 inch fronts for some clearance, or my MX tires work?


it is in the ocala national forest ...........take the turnpike north to 95 north in jupiter and head north to state road 40 by ormand beach and then go west for about 1hr and you will see a small brown sign that says 588, then go left 8 miles and your there.
its a 3hr drive for me.
you will want the 20s and 22s for this ride! alot of whoops!

eric

#3
Dreth May 7th is a Saturday right? I might be up for it and should know for sure as it get's a bit closer ;)

T2

I am in, someone has to stay if front of you and guide you around the forrest, I know how you Honda guys are, you get lost when the Yamaha is not leading you around. ;)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Ride1Rob

#5
You know I'm in! That last ride we had was a blast. Gonna be bringing a few up w/ me as well. Like Dreth said... This is all about Spppeeeed! You won't exactly have to be Doug Gust type riders to ride... we do want guys that get an adrenaline rush from zipping through these trails. Don't misunderstand, we will take an occasional brake out in the trails for 5 mins or so, But then it's right back to the business at hand. There's not much down time to this ride. Can't wait til the fat lady starts hummin' ;D.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Eruption

This sounds like my kind of trail riding ;D  I would like to join you guys if you don't mind.  

dreth

QuoteThis sounds like my kind of trail riding ;D  I would like to join you guys if you don't mind.  

your more than welcome to come with us!

dreth

PLEASE , PLEASE , PLEASE! keep in mind that a camal back is a necessity! aka.......water bag! we might be out from our cars for a few hours and without water you will be hating life! walmart has them for like $20

dreth

QuoteI am in, someone has to stay if front of you and guide you around the forrest, I know how you Honda guys are, you get lost when the Yamaha is not leading you around. ;)


so thats why you yamaha guys are so slow! you spend all your time trying to make up jokes instead of riding ;D

01ZX12R

I am in for this one since I could not make the last one. Can't wait.  I will try and get a few to come up with me also. Dreth it looks like you might be out numbered by all the Yamaha's .

 [smiley=abduct2.gif] [smiley=abduct2.gif]
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

dreth

QuoteI am in for this one since I could not make the last one. Can't wait.  I will try and get a few to come up with me also. Dreth it looks like you might be out numbered by all the Yamaha's .

 [smiley=abduct2.gif] [smiley=abduct2.gif]


then i wont go home hungry, will i! yammies for breakfast, lunch and dinner ;D lol ;)

sounds like this ride is shaping up nice

Hollywood

I'll probably make it down there. Someones gotta run you down Dreth and help you keep Tony in check [smiley=laugh.gif] Probably have the GF and son with me and send them with the ladies while the big boys go out to play!

BTW who needs 20's and 22's to run the whoops  ??? I like my MX tires much better than the XC's down there.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Ride1Rob

#13
Hmmm, see that there's alot of smack talk on this one. Gonna have to step up my game this time Dreth. Don't want any of these guys to think I can't ride. Stay outta my way fellas ;).

Dreth, out for a few hrs? Those Banshees aren't gonna be able to run that long out there. I think we'd better play it more like a couple of hrs. don't ya think?
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

dreth

Dreth, out for a few hrs? Those Banshees aren't gonna be able to run that long out there. I think we'd better play it more like a couple of hrs. don't ya think?


i know! i was just stressing the point so they have water with them.

dreth

i will have to ask that on a ride like this ,that we all have respect for the ride!SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED is the reason were all interested so if you feel your slowing the guy behind down then please let him by. THANKS!













basically you will all be behind me alllllllllllll daaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;D

Hollywood

Quotei will have to ask that on a ride like this ,that we all have respect for the ride!SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED is the reason were all interested so if you feel your slowing the guy behind down then please let him by. THANKS!



basically you will all be behind me alllllllllllll daaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;D

IN other words if the guy behind you is blurping the throttle at you just move over as not to get run over. lol Good thought though just be respectful of each other.

Them some strong words there brother....don't forget the woods are my home! lol Hopefully you'll be bringing more than those words to eat for lunch!  [smiley=laugh.gif]
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Ride1Rob

#17
Quotei will have to ask that on a ride like this ,that we all have respect for the ride!SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED is the reason were all interested so if you feel your slowing the guy behind down then please let him by. THANKS!


basically you will all be behind me alllllllllllll daaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;D


Hmmm, Dem sounds like fightin' words. If that is the case... I'll be in your arz like nats on a doggy sack. All joking aside, we need to give each other alil room for error and leave ourselves some room in case mistakes are made. There were a couple of times on the last GP trail ride that Dreth got alil sloppy and had I not been paying attention we both would've bit dust. But like he said earlier... If you're slowing me down I'm all over your rear fenders [smiley=banghead.gif]
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

eric

Somehow I get the feelin this is gonna be one wild n crazy ride!!! Can't Wait ;D

Hollywood

This is gonna be fun! Been a while since I went on a WFO trail ride. I think the last time was before the last Rodman when me, Dreth and T2 opened them up and just think I wasn't even comfortable on the 400 yet.  ;)
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Ride1Rob

Hopefully it'll rain alil to keep some of the dust down. Don't know exactly how many we'll have but it could get really dusty if the sand is pretty dry.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

eric

Yes, hopefully it won't be too dry/dusty Rob. If so I know we will all be fighting to get out of the dust and into the lead :P

Eworm

QuoteYes, hopefully it won't be too dry/dusty Rob. If so I know we will all be fighting to get out of the dust and into the lead :P

If its dusty that means you have ride closer and faster and keep an eye on that tail light. Back off more than 5 feet and you have to slow down till the dust clears. So stay on em and hopefully the person in front of you dont wreck. Cause once one goes down at those speeds they all follow right behind him. That is my kind of riding. I wish I could make it.
 Maybe the next one

felix_z-4

I should be able to make this one. How far out from Scrub did you guys go??  Felix.

Ride1Rob

QuoteI should be able to make this one. How far out from Scrub did you guys go??  Felix.


We pretty much just pick a trail and go. Just follow the lead man full throttle. We get back pretty deep to avoid the traffic that you get closer towards the lines.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!