Rodman Dam Trail Ride IV

Started by jjamesbar, November 01, 2004, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quadzilla

I'm off to my brother's ~ were riding to Rodman together...  c'ya's all tomorrow.
01 rancher all stock......for now!

NPRVinson

The sh@%bags car (Fretz) was found at the GA.-FL. stateline abandoned so he's probably not in ONF but still keep an eye out for the boy.

eustismudder

Do you have to wear helmets for this ride?

glockin

hello all Ive got good news and bad news... The good is that they found the boy in GA tonight safe.  Bad news I'm going to miss this ride and man am I P.O.'d about it have fun all and be safe.... I WILL SEE YOU AT RODMAN V thats a promise!!!
2003 Honda Rincon

eustismudder

Today is the day. Its 5:38a.m. and I'm fixin to roll out. Meeting with flmudder at 6:45. Ya'll be safe and we'll cya there. Save us some mud. ;)

racemanfl

Grizz get with asphaltdragon  and see what time the picture show will start??

Lets see the pictures from today   Jerry


Come on set up the big screen!!!!!

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

I just got back and I know a lot of film and pics were taken. The ride rocked over 100 on the 8 store ride.  
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

glockin

what was the final head count today?
2003 Honda Rincon

jjamesbar

there is no telling how many showed up. i counted 105 trail riders at the old campground on the way to rodman. it was a great day with a group of really fine people. thanks to all that showed up. i got back to rodman gassed up and rode to the st. johns river and back with some friends i just happened to stumble across by my truck. we got back around 6:45 and everyone was gone. it was a good time today.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

QuoteJust a thought, someone local, Ocala area, call the authorities and let them know where we are riding and we'll keep our eyes open. A little positive awareness with atv's.

it looks like someone did call the authorities ..... ON US!!
but it didnt work. WE SHOWED AND WE RODE!!!!!

jeff



keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

o4250

Quoteit looks like someone did call the authorities ..... ON US!!
but it didnt work. WE SHOWED AND WE RODE!!!!!

jeff






Do tell

Ida_Mann

QuoteDo tell

Long story short, they have read the website, I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with someone from the ranger's office trying to get a "permit" that we didn't know we needed till Friday and was told they needed 72-hour notice before the event and it wouldn't matter anyway because they were not going to approve any permits until the ONF access-plan was finalized.

final tally:

Close to 200 riders showed
total of 4 rangers
1 Florida Law Enforcement
1 Florida Highway Patrol Trooper
1 Florida Department of Environmental Protection "person"?

all in all, we didn't do anything wrong, we only had one person hurt(let us know how you are chuck), no major breakdowns that I noticed, and no major idjits(except for one that kept doing doughnuts in various quads on the paved road).

I think a good time was had by all.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

o4250

Quotethe event and it wouldn't matter anyway because they were not going to approve any permits until the ONF access-plan was finalized.






Well you know you dont have to tell them its an "Event" you can just say its ironic how every 3 months 200+ people show up to rodman with atvflorida shirts and stickers... ;D

SkyHighT100

HAHAHA.... whats a coincidence
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Ida_Mann

QuoteWell you know you dont have to tell them its an "Event" you can just say its ironic how every 3 months 200+ people show up to rodman with atvflorida shirts and stickers... ;D

we could say that, but that would be dishonest and ruin the "relationship" we have with them right now.

plus, they read the website.

Id@

what we will have to do if a permit is not approved, is just split people into groups of 75 or less and go to different spots in the forest.
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Moose

I think that would work. It's within the rules they stated to us clearly, very clearly. If I'm not wrong, I think that's just about how it ended up anyway. People in all directions, not all in one spot very long.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

jjamesbar

74 at delancy, 74 at eurika dam and 74 at rodman

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Redgrizzly660

This is the trails that Jjamesbar and the Grizz group rode on Rodman IV

jjamesbar

thanks grizz for posting the route. i was wandering how our 2 groups came across each other. the other thing is if that trash pick up ride comes down there are dumpters on that rode marked 160th and also marked 31. its the road that runs just south of hog valley where the bears come out at night to check out the garbage. we could take the trash there and dump it.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Redgrizzly660

I dont know if it's still there

I think they moved the dumpster because They were afaid that some one would get hurt from bears were pretty bold. and cool to see at dusk.

Grizz

customrubicon

QuoteTo make reservation at Salt Spring

http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/fl/ssra/newpksites.html

Grizz

Chris I hope this helps. It is on page 18 also.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

rebolc

Quote from: Redgrizzly660 on January 27, 2005, 05:55:53 PM
This is the trails that Jjamesbar and the Grizz group rode on Rodman IV

I'm a newb here, but why can't I see these maps? I am coming down the first week in Feb and would love to plan some routes.

Ida_Mann

maybe because the links that were referenced in this thread are about a year old and no longer good.

still not funny

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

rebolc

Doooooohhhhh!  I don't even know what year it is.

Anybody have any good trail maps or GPS routes?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com