Rodman Dam Trail Ride IV

Started by jjamesbar, November 02, 2004, 12:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamahonda41

Is it too late to order more shirts or all the late people like me?
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

LakeMaryKid

QuoteIs it too late to order more shirts or all the late people like me?

yep wayyyyyyyyyy too late.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

VelociRaptor350

Have fun on the group ride, im in for the next one, ill be down from jersey in march.
'05 Raptor 350
Its Slow but it Handles

www.YFM350Central.com

girlieblazer

QuoteIs it too late to order more shirts or all the late people like me?


Go to the following link, if I can get a big enough order going I will place a 2nd order.

http://www.atvflorida.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=opendiscussion;action=display;num=11053750160;start=0
Polaris Razor

ace5180

 Well I hate to have to do this, but please take me off of the list. I just found out that I will be leaving this Friday to go to Indonesia to help with the relief effort. I should be gone for a minimum of four months, but maybe there will be a ride around the time I get back.
 
                          Dave
03 ds 650 baja,procircut t-4 pipe

Da_Mtg_Man

Dave,
 Sorry to hear that you're missing the ride but They need our help over their something fierce. God bless you and stay safe.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Redgrizzly660

#731
RODMAN RIDE IV  
Question about this ride U can E-mail redgrizzly660  
  
  We will be meeting at 8 am at Rodman Dam Sat Jan 22 group picture will be taken at 9 AM sharp. There is a map on page 17 if anyone needs to know where is Rodman Dam    
JJamesbar  
Grizz                 4 RV site 12  
Moose               3 cabin 32  
Da mgt man  
Bigg Pimpin  
 Thrasher  
Dreth                    cabin 16  
Gotahemi           5-6  
LTZ400apk  
Skyhight100 Lil Mrs honda 1 4-5  
Atvtrailer    
Girlieblazer         2  
It's my quad        cabin 17  
Mud bug  
Budman  
Camoprairie        3    
Grizzlybear         4 cabin 3  
Chillinthemost  
Mars     
T2 Raptor f350    cabin 34  
Blaster boy 200    cabin 34  
NJarrett  
Gregg T              3 cabin 12  
Fixfarm               4 cabin 27  
Racemanfl           4 cabin 37-38  
race friend          5 cabin 6  
Deluxe 21            4 RV 5  
Brother               4 cabin 24  
  
Lowe Rider          4 cabin 26    
Christ505            3 cabin 4  
Steve K              4  
Nightbreed  
Mrs Nightbreed  
Sk8r dude             2 cabin 5  
JbbJ220  
Tallahassee group  4-6 cabin 15-31-35  
Andy                   cabin 28  
Kfor                     cabin 7  
Ericz 123  
Jeremy    
Dc8driver            3 cabin 22  
Miami Blaster       6 cabin 10  
Chuck Norris        4 cabin  1  
Tom  
Bigworm3699        6  
JD                       2  
Bluesman              2  
Arod                    3            
Yamahafirefighter   2  
Zilla 954  
klxrider                 3  
1fast250r              4  
Familyatver            5  
Caospop                Salt Spring site 20  
Customrubicon        Salt Spring 112 tent  
Mitch  
03yellowz              4  
Grizzlysp                2  RV site 9
Bigdaddy  
It 250 r    
holeshot36  
Id@ man  
GSXR100011  
Lowe rider               site 2 Kelly & Shawn  cabin 26  
Auto Tek                 2  
Robo02cop  
wowA450rrrr            3  
Quadzilla  
BiggPimpin               3  
GrizzlyGator             4  
Wakulla-Ram            13  
Bigred                      2  
Jax raptor                 2  
GSXR1000                    SITE 15 19  
ASPHALTDRAGON           CABIN 5  
ATV MY VIAGRA          3  
fL750 MUDDER           10  
ERIC                         2  
CRAZY CAT 420          4  
SHADOWMAN  
PORTORANGE              11  RV site 53
JACKINTHEBOX            7  
YAMAHONDA41            6
PAIROFGRIZZ               2
Gearmade
banshee  28
Skinny                         3       
Total bikes         252
E MAIL ME IF I LEFT U OUT or need to make corection

Redgrizzly660

QuoteDave,
 Sorry to hear that you're missing the ride but They need our help over their something fierce. God bless you and stay safe.


Same here

I took you off the list

The Grizz

SkyHighT100

249 Bikes?? Wow, this ride is going to be great. Has anyone got in any touch with media yet (TV, Radio, etc)? Just curious.. this is just  such a great opprotunity to get a good name for us ATVers. Less then 2 weeks.. I CANT WAIT!!!
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

GEARMADE


Yamahonda41

Quote249 Bikes?? Wow, this ride is going to be great. Has anyone got in any touch with media yet (TV, Radio, etc)? Just curious.. this is just  such a great opprotunity to get a good name for us ATVers. Less then 2 weeks.. I CANT WAIT!!!

I'm not too sure we need the news media other than maybe ATV magazines, etc. reporting on this.  No telling what kind of anti-ATV spin they might put on it.  (Oh my God they are destroying the forest!!!)

Just a thought...
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

SkyHighT100

Lol, good point. It would just be so nice to finally get some positive coverage... everything is always negative :(
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Mrs.Nightbreed

I emailed Dirtwheels twice and attached a copy of this link with it but I haven't heard anything about it.

About the news. With our luck they will sit in the pit all day just waiting for something to go wrong. Then they won't air the story at all when it goes well.

dreth

to help out with the parking issue my wife is gonna drop me and my dad off and take the van back to elite and come back to get us around dark. if anyone elses wives are not riding and they coud do this also it would even be better.

SkyHighT100

#739
Not a bad idea Dreth. Also, we can plan ahead of time who will park at Rodman Dan and who will park at Lake Delancy and ride over to Rodman via the quads.

Also, seeing that there will be so many people on the group ride... it may be wise to start a forum saying who has GPS... and getting into groups of 15-30 ahead of time (before the 22nd) so everyone knows who they are riding with. The groups can take off for the 88 store about every 15 minutes or so. It would save up on congestion in the trails and help make it a little less dusty. Not to mention it will be safer for everyone on the ride. It's easier to keep a headcount with 30 people in your group compared to 200, lol. A line of 200 bikes is going to be really long and there would be no way for everyone to keep track of one another... at least it will be really difficult. I would just hate to see a lot of people get lost, there were a bunch of people that got lost on the last ride (some didnt get back until almost 11pm) and there were a lot less people on that ride.

- just an idea, tell me what ya think ;)

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Banshee28

Add me to the list too.....I am going for the Sat ride...Not sure if I will make the trail or not due to gas in the Banshee...I will decide..But I will be there for the day on Sat  8)
2001 Banshee .... Various Mods (Me)
2003 Trailblazer .... Looking Pretty (Wifey)

Ida_Mann

Quote249 Bikes?? Wow, this ride is going to be great. Has anyone got in any touch with media yet (TV, Radio, etc)? Just curious.. this is just  such a great opprotunity to get a good name for us ATVers. Less then 2 weeks.. I CANT WAIT!!!


I'll try my neighbor again, I'll see if I can catch her at home this evening(reporter for Channel 6).

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Yamahonda41

SKY,

Good idea.  I will start a new topic "Rodman IV GPS."

Anyone comfortable leading a group please sign up there.

Maybe Grizz can post sequential waypoints of the trail that the leaders all follow.
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

jbbj220

I have been thinking about giveing one of the local J'vill TV stations a call and telling them about this ride and this site. But before I do want to get some input about doing that. I am rather new to the site and don't want to step out of line. I will watch this for a day or so to see how people fell. Just give me a  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] or [smiley=ThumbsDown.gif]

  Jim  [smiley=Question.gif]
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

miamiblaster

I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back

eric

#745
This will be my first time at Rodman but as far as us inviting media and reporters I don't think we are going to impress many non riders if all they get is pics of us roosting around the sand pit. The last thing we need is for someone to try and show off for a pic and get hurt. Maybe if we knew of a time that the trail ride group was getting to the 88 store some small time reporter would be interested in meeting us there and reporting on how many bikes show up and how much business is being brought to the area because of this ride? Maybe the 88 store owner would have some kind words to tell about all the business we keep bringing back? I just think we need to be careful here. Some of you might remember a while back an Orlando Sentinel reporter was on this very website asking to meet some riders @ Big Scrub for photo's. Well they did and 2 weeks later I see an article in the Sunday paper with a picture of a quad up on 2 wheel's riding.  It did talk about the riders at Scrub in a small paragraph and spent the rest of the article slamming us on how certain organizations are trying to ban atv's for all riders under 16 because of all the dangers.

T2

Quoteto help out with the parking issue my wife is gonna drop me and my dad off and take the van back to elite and come back to get us around dark. if anyone elses wives are not riding and they coud do this also it would even be better.
Not everyone has such a cool wife like you Dreth. If I ask my wife that she might just leave me there since according to her I love my  bike more than her. ;D
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

Quote[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

I'm good with it,,,,,give them some incentive and tell them that an Orlando station is possibly showing up.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jbbj220

May need to rethink the media thing in light of the Bad News Rodman Post. I will wait a few days to get more input before I give anybody a call. Keep posting what you think.

   Jim ??? ???
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

SkyHighT100

I say dont bother with any media. They others are right when they say our good thing will just get twisted into someone complaining about how many of us there are and how much we are ruining the environment, etc... I say we just stick to writing our letters and showing up at the meetings (Hence the one on the 14th).
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]