Its finally under way. Most of the parts are ordered but I just have to assemble.
Here we go!!!
[attachment deleted by admin]
More pics...
[attachment deleted by admin]
I have so many parts left to add, but just need more bolts or find the ones that fit...lol
Plus I am waiting on my seat, I need to paint my motor and a few smaller parts are still in the mail.
I will post pics as I get it finished.
Thanks and let me know what you think!
Mike
looks great, cant wait to see it in person
Guess I should list the mods...
Front to back...only mods...
+2+1 SandDragon Motorsports A-Arms
Front Elka Shocks
+2 SS brake Lines
Tag T2 Bars
Prodesign Tether
Scott Grips
Moose Clutch Lever
400ex Throttle
450r Front Rims
20" Holeshots
+1 Burgard Stem
DG Bumper...might sell
LRD Adjustable Exhaust
AC Nerfs
One ATP'd PC'd and gusseted 87 frame
Full Maier Racing Plastics
88/89 Polished swinger
+4 400ex G-Force Axle
Billet Bearing Carrier
400ex Brake Stay
400ex Rear Caliper
400ex Rear Hubs
Billet Antifade Locknut 400ex
8" Rear Beadlocks
18" Holeshots
I am sure there is much more...just can't think of it right now.
Mike
Lookin good. Glad I could take the Z off your hands to help this project along.
dude, that's almost gonna be too pretty to get dirty,,,,almost.
Id@
Quote from: Ida_Mann on August 02, 2005, 07:20:43 AM
dude, that's almost gonna be too pretty to get dirty,,,,almost.
Id@
lol...ain't that the truth!
Mike
that's lookin pretty darn sweet, your gonna make me rip my warrior apart.
WOW!!!! :o That frame looks Sick with the chrome stuff!!!! That color looks AWSOME in that light too!
I have Sanddragon Motorsports a-arms too. My quad is SUPER SMOOTH with that set up...You will love it!
We will definately have to go out together when your all done putting it together. Also, don't worry about getting her dirty. I have had mine covered in mud so bad you couldn't even see the stickers. It all just washes right off ...The powder is great. You barely have to wipe it and the dirt falls off! 8)
I hate 250R's, but that one is coming out super sick. Has totally changed my outlook on 250R's. Nice job buddy. Post pics when its done
Mrs...yes we will. I want to ride it so bad but I need so many things that I thought would be here by now...lol
bigb...thanks!
Rap...Thanks! I love 250r's and I can't wait to see how mine turns out.
Mike
definatly looks good ;) we will have to get together when i heal ;D
looks great but what does the wife think about you using a peice of furniture for a bike rack ???love the color
Quote from: ronny86250r on August 02, 2005, 06:43:49 PM
looks great but what does the wife think about you using a peice of furniture for a bike rack ???love the color
lol
She doesn't know!!! lol No, she don't care it is a cheap little stand thingy. But I should have tires on it within a week so I will be able to take it off the stand and put the motor in.
Mike
that looks great! what kind of frame is that on there looks like a 250r. THAT blue looks good to.
that r looks great love the blue frame its going to be a sick quad when its done. ;D
i just got a '92 250r wasn't sure if i was going to sell it or fix it up but from those pics i think i might fix her up
Its a 1987 Honda TRX 250R frame. Pretty much everything on this bike will be after market. Right now, the only stock things on it from a 87 is the motor, electronics, airbox and a few mounts. I believe everything else is aftermarket or from a different year. Actually the motor and electronics are from a 86 but its close enough.
No pics tonight as all I did was tighten up the front end and add my tie rods.
Mike
are u going to do some mx racing ???
Yeah
One more for now. Not much done, just tightened the front end up and put one of the scoops on. Will do more in the coming days.
[attachment deleted by admin]
Hey mike. Just wondering on when you buy those number plates, do you buy them because they look good/match on the bike or because you actually raced in that class? Because when I went to practice with some guys they told me the ones you left on the Z's plastics that it was AA rider plates. Not saying you arent good, but those are the best in the state riders that run white plates.
Looks real good though. I knew it would come together nicely
No I race C class...lol But I just bought them because they looked good...no other reason.
Thanks,
Mike
What the heck...hows about a few more!!!
[attachment deleted by admin]
Darn you MotoMike... now you got me wanting to wOrk on my
"R" too. Of course it's a project quad also. But man just... ugh...
can't... seem... to qiut.... riding my yfz. LOL
Nice 250R mon'.
Thanks! I keep going out to the garage and sitting on the R and it feels, oh so nice!!! Tomorrow I should have the fronts on but I leave for GA right after work so I will have to put all the brakes on Sunday. Then the motor next week sometime.
Its getting so freaking close.
Mike
Looking good, we'll ride once it's finished 8)
Wow keep the pics. comin
like the color (blue) keep the picture coming ;)
Well I was supposed to be in GA right now but didn't make it. So I will install my brakes tomorrow and the front tires. Then I can slide in the motor. I need a few more parts, like screws to finish it but most of the quad will be done by Sunday.
Mike
More Pictures... Bought wrong size bolts and nuts a minute ago so back to the hardware store I go.
[attachment deleted by admin]
More...
[attachment deleted by admin]
Looking good Mike !
:o SWEET!!
that baby looks sweet you guys are making me sick with all of these r's i am gonna have to tear my baby down to make her look better she is all stock in colors red white and blue
Mike , what is the name of that color ? Looks good man ! ;D
Candy Blue...Thanks!
Mike
BTW, motor is in!!!! Just need a little help with a few things but I might be able to figure it out.
Well I got something new today. After sitting on my 250R and feeling the major sag of the rear shock, I went online and found a sweet PEP ZPS shock that is set-up for my weight with very little ride time, so I picked it up.
(http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/post-2390-1123627822.jpg)
Mike
youll be a pro ;)when that things done
Interested in trading, Please send me some pictures. The pics on the site I can't pull up. Thanks...
Pictures sent.
Mike
Okay...so I am an idiot. I thought my case was leaking and I was a little pissed because I have just about run out of funds. So for days I think of how I am going to pay for it. Then today I get home and decide to check the drain plug...well wouldn't you know it...it only in about half way....Moron, Right here!!!!
Anyway, got the graphics on but I gotta figure this seat out next.
Mike
[attachment deleted by admin]
And finally...
[attachment deleted by admin]
Hey, for the exhaust springs...those babies are hard to pull. Any idea of how I can get them to connect from the exhaust to the motor? Is there a tool that helps?
Mike
:o NICE!!! 8) So...are you going to be ready to ride by Friday? We are going to Bithlo. Come on and test it out :)
Quote from: MotoMike on August 16, 2005, 05:32:36 PM
Hey, for the exhaust springs...those babies are hard to pull. Any idea of how I can get them to connect from the exhaust to the motor? Is there a tool that helps?
Mike
Mike has a spring puller you can borrow. Let me know and you can come get it ;)
I would love to go by then...but I don't think that is going to happen unless Mike wants to donate some of his time to help me finish the few other things...lol
Yeah, I would love to borrow that puller. Maybe I will bring the bike by tomorrow.
Mike
IM NOT SURE BUT I THINK YOUR GONNA NEED A CHAIN :D LOOKS SWEET ;)
OMG...a chain is required...hey no one told me that...oh well, in the lake the bike goes.
LOL...I have the chain right here.
Mike
Dude... it's looking awesome! You are gonna be so stoked
when you get to ride that thing. Keep up the great wOrk man.
I'm jealous... hahahah.
Dano
P.S.
And that's it, I started my "R" project too. Frame, Sub Frame
and Swinger are in the strip tank NOW!
Nice!!!
Very nice. One of these days i'd like to get me one of those
ALRIGHT BROTHER! IM STRIPPING HER DOWN STARTING TOMORROW! DARN YOU MIKE! DARN YOU TO HE#$!
lol...just wish my was running...I am getting so pissed. I want to finish it but I am at that point that I need a little help.
Mike
Quote from: MotoMike on August 17, 2005, 10:04:53 PM
lol...just wish my was running...I am getting so pissed. I want to finish it but I am at that point that I need a little help.
Mike
What kind of help do you need???
Well, the front end...I can't seem to work the play out of it, I am doing something wrong. Second, hooking the motor up. Installing the seat cover.
Mike
Quote from: RTR_380 on August 17, 2005, 10:02:41 PM
ALRIGHT BROTHER! IM STRIPPING HER DOWN STARTING TOMORROW! DARN YOU MIKE! DARN YOU TO HE#$!
Just so you have more inspiration, here is a pic from my start that started in
"MARCH" HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA lol
Git e"R" done!!!
[attachment deleted by admin]
Nice...AIM me
Quote from: MotoMike on August 17, 2005, 10:11:15 PM
Well, the front end...I can't seem to work the play out of it, I am doing something wrong. Second, hooking the motor up. Installing the seat cover.
Mike
Play in the frontend... are you using older parts that are slightly worn out???
Usually you can move the bars and see right where the play is at.
Maybe a second set of eyes is needed.
Hooking motor up... Do you mean the wiring harness?
Installing seat cover... Yeah goodluck on that one. Sorry. On my R I did ok
but on my YFZ I screwed it up and now it's all torn from the staples poking
through. People have told me you NEED a power stapler to do it right. OR
at the very least make it easier for you. My fingers got all tore up too!
I wish you luck man. I'll drive over to help ya if ya' want. I might be off Friday.
Thanks man, didn't see your post until now!
But I got it all done. Just have to run by ATP Racing on Saturday and have them help me out and make sure its all done right.
Will post pics in a few days!
Mike
Kewl beans mon'... I look foward to seeing it done.
What if I said the bike was done???? :o
[attachment deleted by admin]
Well, I can't my pictures all to work but it fires on the second kick everytime!!! She is running like a champ.
Mike
it wil look better with a tree cutter on it.............bumper ;) looks good Mike!
Love the frame, get a blingstar bumper ;)
can't wait to see that thing get some