My R Project!!!

Started by MotoMike, August 01, 2005, 10:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

310R_Dude

Darn you MotoMike... now you got me wanting to wOrk on my
"R" too. Of course it's a project quad also. But man just... ugh...
can't... seem... to qiut.... riding my yfz. LOL

Nice 250R mon'.
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

MotoMike

Thanks!  I keep going out to the garage and sitting on the R and it feels, oh so nice!!!  Tomorrow I should have the fronts on but I leave for GA right after work so I will have to put all the brakes on Sunday.  Then the motor next week sometime.

Its getting so freaking close.

Mike

Exmx54

Looking good, we'll ride once it's finished  8)

Picow18

Wow keep the pics. comin
DECEMBER QOTM WINNER [url="http://www.z400central.com/invision/index....showtopic=52988"]http://www.z400central.com/invision/index....showtopic=52988[/url]
2005-Silver
DFR-Yoshimura-PEP-ProDesign-909-Lonestar-Elka-DR.D-FasstFlexx-AC-Blingstar-OMF-LakerCustom-BarePerformance-Holeshot-Renthal-Moose-

big-daddy

like the color (blue) keep the picture coming  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

MotoMike

Well I was supposed to be in GA right now but didn't make it.  So I will install my brakes tomorrow and the front tires.  Then I can slide in the motor.  I need a few more parts, like screws to finish it but most of the quad will be done by Sunday.

Mike

MotoMike

More Pictures...  Bought wrong size bolts and nuts a minute ago so back to the hardware store I go.



[attachment deleted by admin]

MotoMike

More...


[attachment deleted by admin]

Nightbreed

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

Mrs.Nightbreed


ronny86250r

that baby looks sweet you guys are making  me sick with all of these r's i am gonna have to tear my baby down to make her look better she is all stock in colors red white and blue

Quad32x

Mike , what  is  the  name  of  that  color ?  Looks  good  man ! ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

MotoMike

Candy Blue...Thanks!

Mike


BTW, motor is in!!!!  Just need a little help with a few things but I might be able to figure it out.

MotoMike

Well I got something new today.  After sitting on my 250R and feeling the major sag of the rear shock, I went online and found a sweet PEP ZPS shock that is set-up for my weight with very little ride time, so I picked it up.



Mike

dreth

youll be a pro  ;)when that things done

rider4life

Interested in trading, Please send me some pictures. The pics on the site I can't pull up. Thanks...

MotoMike


MotoMike

Okay...so I am an idiot.  I thought my case was leaking and I was a little pissed because I have just about run out of funds.  So for days I think of how I am going to pay for it.  Then today I get home and decide to check the drain plug...well wouldn't you know it...it only in about half way....Moron, Right here!!!!

Anyway, got the graphics on but I gotta figure this seat out next.

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

MotoMike

And finally...



[attachment deleted by admin]

MotoMike

Hey, for the exhaust springs...those babies are hard to pull.  Any idea of how I can get them to connect from the exhaust to the motor?  Is there a tool that helps?

Mike

Mrs.Nightbreed

 :o NICE!!!  8) So...are you going to be ready to ride by Friday? We are going to Bithlo. Come on and test it out  :)

Mrs.Nightbreed

Quote from: MotoMike on August 16, 2005, 05:32:36 PM
Hey, for the exhaust springs...those babies are hard to pull.  Any idea of how I can get them to connect from the exhaust to the motor?  Is there a tool that helps?

Mike

Mike has a spring puller you can borrow. Let me know and you can come get it  ;)

MotoMike

I would love to go by then...but I don't think that is going to happen unless Mike wants to donate some of his time to help me finish the few other things...lol

Yeah, I would love to borrow that puller.  Maybe I will bring the bike by tomorrow.

Mike

dreth

IM NOT SURE BUT I THINK YOUR GONNA NEED A CHAIN :D LOOKS SWEET ;)

MotoMike

OMG...a chain is required...hey no one told me that...oh well, in the lake the bike goes.


LOL...I have the chain right here.

Mike

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com