Group Ride in ONF for Juggalo_Warrior

Started by T2, September 05, 2005, 03:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Juggalo_Warrior on September 10, 2005, 04:18:11 AM
hey z400, I don't have a trailer but my dad has a pick-up that we are puttin my quad in. do you have a trailer? if not we could still follow each other up. It is about a 4 hour drive from naples and at ocala forest campground it is 19 bucks a night and they have hot showers and water and electric on the camp sight. we were going to leave probably around 1 or 2 saturday afternoon. this'll be my first ride too.
Stand  both of them up on their tails and roll.

OIF_Warrior

That's a good idea except for the truck is my dad's and he is really anal about stuff like that.
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

T2

I started this ride at Big Scrub, now people changed the plans. :(
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

OIF_Warrior

I'm sure i'll show my lack of knowledge of the area right now, but I thought thats what all these plans were for. You guys know the area though so i'm just going with the flow.
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

z400stunter

Juggalo.  I didn't read the part where your family was going with you.  I've got a truck so I am all set.  Are you in Naples now?  How about some practice somewhere before Ocala?  Just keep me informed on the travel plans.  I might have a few friends interested.  We can ride up there caravan style. You know like 4 or 5 trucks on the highway with quads in the back looks cool as hell!  Alrighty keep in touch and Pm me if you want to ride somewhere around here.
JUMP IT!

OIF_Warrior

A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

dreth

Quote from: T2Raptor on September 10, 2005, 10:40:19 AM
I started this ride at Big Scrub, now people changed the plans. :(

And we appreciate it, but why not check out another area of the forest so we can learn more trail ;D

IT200

Quote from: susieblazer on September 09, 2005, 09:53:54 PM
Quote from: IT200 on September 08, 2005, 02:29:49 PM
If you like we could meet and park at the powerlines a coulple of miles east of hwy 19 on hwy 445. There are lots of smooth trails in that area.

   How is the area for this parking...... we have a dually and trailer and don't want to get stuck in sugar sand ........( ppppsssssssssstttttttt  Kurt ) heehee ..........is there any hard packed dirt ot pavememt ??

The area is great for parking either hard pack or grass. Cars pulling trailers park there so you should have no problem.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

MotoMike

I will try to be there.

J.W. - thank you for defending our freedom.

Mike

susieblazer

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

OIF_Warrior

So is anybody else planning on camping there the saturday before the ride, and if so anyone staying at ocala forest campground?
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

GSPKurt

Quote from: dreth on September 10, 2005, 02:26:13 PM
Quote from: T2Raptor on September 10, 2005, 10:40:19 AM
I started this ride at Big Scrub, now people changed the plans. :(

And we appreciate it, but why not check out another area of the forest so we can learn more trail ;D

I agree. The whoops at Scrub will whip your a** in short order. We will be very close, and the trails are much nicer. I just rode that area Labor Day weekend and it was great fun. I am confident you will enjoy it there.
:ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :Y :Y :Y
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

skizzfry

 I in sarasota. Ive never road with anyone from this site before, but it sounds like its a cool bunch so count me in on this ride. Im pullin my z400 behind my jeep. I would like to get a convoy started with people taking 75 north. Like i said im in sarasota so anybody passin through let me know so we could meet up. Skyway bridge is fine with me.

susieblazer



    ;D Well we head out of St Pete at 5 am...............
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

z400stunter

I'll be coming from Naples.  Not sure what time.  I'd like to leave at about 8 am that Sat. and ride for the rest of the day.  I've never been to Ocala and would like to meet up with someone who knows where they are going.
JUMP IT!

qt314nfla

Quote from: skizzfry on September 11, 2005, 08:13:40 PM
I in sarasota. Ive never road with anyone from this site before, but it sounds like its a cool bunch so count me in on this ride. Im pullin my z400 behind my jeep. I would like to get a convoy started with people taking 75 north. Like i said im in sarasota so anybody passin through let me know so we could meet up. Skyway bridge is fine with me.

If I can get my quad worked on before the ride I'll be there and I'm from Sarasota as well. 

xtremeraptor

im there tony just let me know where to meet you
FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY...................FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT NONE WILL SUFFICE

GSPKurt

Quote from: QT314Nfla on September 11, 2005, 11:37:37 PM
Quote from: skizzfry on September 11, 2005, 08:13:40 PM
I in sarasota. Ive never road with anyone from this site before, but it sounds like its a cool bunch so count me in on this ride. Im pullin my z400 behind my jeep. I would like to get a convoy started with people taking 75 north. Like i said im in sarasota so anybody passin through let me know so we could meet up. Skyway bridge is fine with me.

If I can get my quad worked on before the ride I'll be there and I'm from Sarasota as well. 

Isn't there anyone in the Tampa area that can get the Doc's quad (QT314) shipshape for her?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

dirtydeeds

I will try  to make it, comming from jacksonville
2005 300ex

qt314nfla

Quote from: GSPKurt on September 12, 2005, 09:47:11 PM

Isn't there anyone in the Tampa area that can get the Doc's quad (QT314) shipshape for her?

I've got some friends (muddbuggy and seebeejim) down here that help me learn to work on it.  They have jobs and family too though.  So hopefully I can get it worked out before then.  I'm willing to take any help I can though.  Even if it means working on it up there Saturday before riding Sunday.

dreth

Quote from: QT314Nfla on September 12, 2005, 10:32:18 PM
Quote from: GSPKurt on September 12, 2005, 09:47:11 PM

Isn't there anyone in the Tampa area that can get the Doc's quad (QT314) shipshape for her?

I've got some friends (muddbuggy and seebeejim) down here that help me learn to work on it.  They have jobs and family too though.  So hopefully I can get it worked out before then.  I'm willing to take any help I can though.  Even if it means working on it up there Saturday before riding Sunday.

whats wrong with it?

qt314nfla

Nothing wrong with it.  I just need to give it some TLC.  It's acting real sluggish.  So I figure I need to clean the air filter, clean the carb, it needs rear brakes.  I just need help learning how to do it all so I can eventually do it all myself.  I'd love to get my 424 in the darn thing.  That's been sitting in my truck now for 2 months.  I also have a short in the electrical system w/ the 12 volt and spare night light.  All that has to be done is the carb, filter and brakes to go on this ride.

GSPKurt

Quote from: QT314Nfla on September 13, 2005, 10:29:12 AM
Nothing wrong with it.  I just need to give it some TLC.  It's acting real sluggish.  So I figure I need to clean the air filter, clean the carb, it needs rear brakes.  I just need help learning how to do it all so I can eventually do it all myself.  I'd love to get my 424 in the darn thing.  That's been sitting in my truck now for 2 months.  I also have a short in the electrical system w/ the 12 volt and spare night light.  All that has to be done is the carb, filter and brakes to go on this ride.

Too bad you don't live near Gainesville. I'm pretty good with brakes and bearings, and I just put a winch on my Eiger. I could trade labor for a couple of adjustments. ;)
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

IT200

Qt314:

        If you dont have it done by that saturday you can bring it by my house and we will help you get it done. We will be putting a new axle in my friends quad so we are going to be in the garage that day and we would be glad to help.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

OIF_Warrior

Well for anybody that was wanting to or thinking about going up on saturday and staying the night, I will be going up in the morning getting there about noon or so since my dad managed to get that day off now. I plan on heading out to our agreed upon sunday spot with my parents around 2 or so just to piddle around on the quad and let my mom and pop try it out. So if anyone is getting there early and wants to meet us out there we'll be the 3 looking like we are on a sunday drive. This way sunday I will be more warmed up to go b@ll$ out and get a little crazy(but just a little).
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com