Group Ride in ONF for Juggalo_Warrior

Started by T2, September 05, 2005, 03:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IT200

Buy the carb cleaner at any automotive parts store like autozone. I have the filter oil for the K&N. You should probably get an oil filter and 3 quarts of 10w40 oil so we can do an oil change.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

GSPKurt

#101
Quote from: IT200 on September 19, 2005, 04:39:14 PM
Buy the carb cleaner at any automotive parts store like autozone. I have the filter oil for the K&N. You should probably get an oil filter and 3 quarts of 10w40 oil so we can do an oil change.

MOTORCYCLE OIL!!!![/size]
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

qt314nfla

Thanks will do.   Why motorcycle oil versus regular oil?

IT200

Quote from: QT314Nfla on September 19, 2005, 09:02:22 PM
Thanks will do.   Why motorcycle oil versus regular oil?


Well motorcycle oil is supposed to have added inhibitors to slow oil breakdown. However if you buy a good quality oil and you change your oil as often as I reccomend it doesnt have a chance to break down. Price difference of about 3.00 a quart
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

GSPKurt

Auto oil has friction modifiers- whatever the hell that is- which is supposed to be real bad for the quad's clutch. Wal-mart has Mobil1 motorcycle oil and that's what I use.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

backinsaddle

Quote from: GSPKurt on September 19, 2005, 09:28:33 PM
Auto oil has friction modifiers- whatever the hell that is- which is supposed to be real bad for the quad's clutch. Wal-mart has Mobil1 motorcycle oil and that's what I use.

Copied this from some website.  Seemed like a good summary.  Probably more than you ever wanted to know

"...it is best to use only oils which are NOT energy-conserving for motorcycles with wet clutches. Read the back of the container. It clearly identifies this. In general, only the very lighter oils, like 10w30, 10w20, 5w20, are energy-conserving. All 5w40, 5w50, 10w40, 15w40, 15w50, and 20w50 oils which I have found are not energy-conserving and can be recommended for general motorcycle use.

It is commonly mis-stated that SJ and SL oils have friction modifiers which will cause wet clutch slippage. In reality, all oils have friction modifiers, that's how they work. The real issue is to avoid getting the friction so low, with very thin oils containing extra amounts of friction modifiers, that clutches will slip under normal use. Stay away from energy conserving oils and you should be fine, if your clutch is in good working order. "

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

T2

I was just wondering where the starting point of this ride is going to be?
I had it at Scrub, but I thing it was changed, so I dont know for sure where the starting point is at.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

bigscrub79

Quote from: T2Raptor on September 20, 2005, 12:50:05 PM
I was just wondering where the starting point of this ride is going to be?
I had it at Scrub, but I thing it was changed, so I dont know for sure where the starting point is at.
i believe this is where we are starting

to nfs 573 turn left go 7 miles to Big Scrub campground its a good place to camp. For the ride come back out nfs 573 turn south on hwy 19 go about half a mile and turn left on hwy 445 go about two miles to the power lines
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Kat1333

GSPKurt and Stitch, I am sure you know where we are going since our crew will be traveling with you.  Thanks and so glad that Stitch is up and running again. ;)
Not quadless any longer
TRX300EX Kat      ex-small Jr helmet
TRX400EX Aaron  cool metalic helmet
????????? Jason  helmet (everyone's for now)

GSPKurt

Quote from: Kat1333 on September 20, 2005, 01:06:58 PM
GSPKurt and Stitch, I am sure you know where we are going since our crew will be traveling with you.  Thanks and so glad that Stitch is up and running again. ;)

Yup, I'm ready!
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Bigscrb15

we still have yet decided if we are riding or not, we are going to hockey game sat night so we will probably decide at the last second to go, those are always the best trips, lol.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

susieblazer



  We are sooooooooo ready will have ppark350se along for the ride too......... :drive.gif
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

mudmonkey

i would LIKE to go, but i dont think so   :-\
[url="//myspace.com/atvracer9210"]myspace.com/atvracer9210[/url]

MY 2010 SPONSORS
East Coast Performance
Modded Motorsports
Presision services of Jax.

atvtrailer

im not exactly sure where your talking about meeting, i come off 42 and go north on 588 til i come to the campground, where your talking about meeting, is that down near blue sink?(so i would take a right when i get to big scrub and head towards there???)
05 450r #13B

IT200

Quote from: atvtrailer on September 21, 2005, 10:47:05 AM
im not exactly sure where your talking about meeting, i come off 42 and go north on 588 til i come to the campground, where your talking about meeting, is that down near blue sink?(so i would take a right when i get to big scrub and head towards there???)

Ok what you want to do is to continue past 588 on hwy 42 until you reach hwy 19 its about 8 miles east of 588. Go north on hwy 19 till you reach hwy 445 turn right which is east go approx 2 miles till you get to the powerlines. we are meeting right there. There is plenty of parking.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

T2

Sent you a PM before reading this post.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

LE450-RACER#77

So how many people are going on this ride so far ? Is this a slow cruise or a fast ride & how far are you planning on riding because my 450 loves to drink some gas.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

LE450-RACER#77

Is Dreth & everyone else from the speed ride going ?
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

Bigscrb15

I imagine the sport ride will be kinda fast, but with some stops because of such a large group. Hopefully the ute ride will be slower with lots of mud and water.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

LE450-RACER#77

Yes PLEASE no mud or water for me because I have no airbox.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

T2

Since It200 has a 25 mile loop on his GPS I forgot to ask him about the mud situation, I didn't mind watching the uty's going through the mud as long as there is a way around the mud for me. I am with you no air box lid on the bike and besides its a pain in the azz to clean. ;D
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

IT200

Ok the official meeting spot for the ride is the powerlines and Hwy 445 2 miles east of Hwy 19. We should all meet there at 9:00 AM. We will try to start the ride as soon as possible after 9:00  It will be a 25 mile loop with not to much mud if any ( I ride a sport quad ) But there will be an area that the mudders can have fun at.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

IT200

Anyone who is still looking for a place to camp is wellcome to camp in our yard. We are about 8 miles from where the ride will start. Just PM me for directions or my cell #
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

Bigscrb15

Oooops, I was thinking of the Eureka ride when I said the sport ride and ute ride. Ill shutup now, lol. I think we need to set it like normal, meet at 8 ride at 9 to allow the people that are always late no matter what to get there or meet at 9 ride at 930 or 10
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com