info on "works" shocks

Started by OIF_Warrior, September 09, 2005, 06:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OIF_Warrior

My Warrior that I just bought has works shocks on it. I'm just looking for some honest info and opinions about them.
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

backinsaddle

I've heard they're pretty good shocks, not quite elka, custom axis, or a few of the others.  they used to be a cheaper alternative, although I hear they're getting up there in price.   I consistently hear they have terrible customer service.

OIF_Warrior

Thanks for the input. I'm more curious than anything. I'm sure they are better than my riding ability needs and thats all that matters. I have seen some prices and they are kind of pricey. A little over $400 a pair with the remote reservoir which is what mine has.
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

backinsaddle

if you have the remote resevoirs, then you have the higher end works shocks.  they're supposed to be nice.  the nightbreeds are selling a yfz with what appears to be works shocks here: http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,6138.0.html

they may now more about it.

OIF_Warrior

Thanks for the info and hope to see you at Ocala
A bad day 4-wheelin' is better than the best day in Iraq.

Formerly Known As: Juggalo_Warrior

310R_Dude

Quote from: backinsaddle on September 09, 2005, 07:22:09 PM
... the nightbreeds are selling a yfz with what appears to be works shocks here: http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,6138.0.html

they may now more about it.


Duuuuuuuuuuude... those are PEP shocks.
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

backinsaddle

Quote from: 310R_Dude link

Duuuuuuuuuuude... those are PEP shocks.

my fault.  the pep are red, white and blue, the works are all blue?

Nightbreed

Prices are going up, but for average rec riding there is nothing wrong with works. They are 100 times better than stock.
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!