sticking throttle...

Started by BCConviber, September 12, 2005, 01:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCConviber

I've got a question for you guys. I rode my Grizzly all day yesterday with no problems.. However, I jumped on this morning, fired it up, hit the gas, and the damn throttle cable hung wide a$$ open! WOOO... that was fun at 7 am :o.  Anyway, I just shut it down and loaded it up. Anyone ever have this happen? I am looking for suggestions before I go tear into. I have to remove most of the snorkel kit and maybe even the gas tank to get at it. Thanks!
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

Old_School

Couple of things could have been the problem. If you went mudding some crud may have gotten inside the  clutch cable and caused it to stick  or some mud got suck into the carb and your floater stuck open. I say clean out the carb and spray some wd-40 down the clutch cable. That should solve your prob.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

BCConviber

Yeah, I'm gonna spray some lube down the cable tonight and see if it pops back... Didn't really ride in mud saturday, mostly trail riding looking for hogs. Thanks for the ideas!
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

Njoutlaw88

use white lithem grease in the throttle. 

BCConviber

Lubed the cable last night... fixed it right up. Thanks guys!
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**