SPEED RIDE II september the 3rd

Started by dreth, August 10, 2005, 08:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreth

BAD NEWS!  IM OUT FOR THIS WEEKEND! My knee is really bothering me and i need to make some $ ! the wife says im broke ::) basically im in the middle of buying my house and money is tighter than she likes it! yall have fun and be safe ;)

Chuck_Norris


LE450-RACER#77

Yes Rob they will be cool. They won't be trying to be crazy & pass us or anything like that. Like I said it is my roommate & his son which is only 9.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

T2

IMO, the last speed ride we went on, I'm glad I didn't take my son because he would have never been able to keep up with the pace. When that happens you slow the rest of the pack down by waiting for the slower riders to catch up because you don't want to leave anybody in the forest by them selves. My son was 11 at the time and he rides petty fast in the woods just not fast enough for the speed ride. When we say speed ride its a speed ride WOT and don't let off.
BTW I'm not saying don't take the kid thats just an opinion of mine.

Thats why I asked if there is going to be a slower ride for people who are not going to be WOT.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

eric

#179
Quote from: LE450-RACER#77 on August 30, 2005, 04:31:26 PM
Does anyone know where we are parking yet ?

We are parking outside Big Scrub campground under the powerlines. Meeting time 9am

T2 are you coming?

eric

Quote from: dreth on August 30, 2005, 11:00:38 PM
BAD NEWS!  IM OUT FOR THIS WEEKEND! My knee is really bothering me and i need to make some $ ! the wife says im broke ::) basically im in the middle of buying my house and money is tighter than she likes it! yall have fun and be safe ;)


No way Dreth :(   If we all take donations how much will it take for your wifee to let you go? I bet we could raise some $$$

Ride1Rob

Quote from: dreth on August 30, 2005, 11:00:38 PM
BAD NEWS!  IM OUT FOR THIS WEEKEND! My knee is really bothering me and i need to make some $ ! the wife says im broke ::) basically im in the middle of buying my house and money is tighter than she likes it! yall have fun and be safe ;)


Now I'm pissed! Whatta you mean you're not coming? You set this up. And like Eric said, b/w he, myself, Wayne, and I'm more than sure there are some others we'd help you out.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

backinsaddle

Quote from: Ride1Rob on August 31, 2005, 10:27:28 AM
And like Eric said, b/w he, myself, Wayne, and I'm more than sure there are some others we'd help you out.

I would as well.

TRX450R_Racer

I don't think a kx65 will keep up.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

cubnfrank

I not buying it Dreth,  I've got those same excuses, :'( bad knee, broke never enough $$$, my wife & kids are always sucking me dry. Dude this is gonna be a great ride. Anyway, I Hope to see ya saturday.  ;D
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

T2

Yea Dreth, you set this ride up,and now you are going to let everyone down by not showing up. I known you for a while now and your no quitter so suck it up and ride ;).

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Ride1Rob

I have to agree w/ T2 110 pecent. This is definitley not a ride for a 9 year old. There may need to be 2 groups this Saturday. Is there anyone that wants to ride this w/e that don't really think they can keep up on the Speed ride? We have quite a few bikes that'll be there this w/e so we should be able to get 2 nice groups. The 2nd group won't be a slowpoke group, but not quite as fast as the Speed group.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

MxRacingChick21

Wasn't somebody (?Hollywood?) saying they were going to be there with their family and hanging out at the pits and stuff? They could just hangout with them. Could be wrong but I thought thats what I read.
02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400

TRX450R_Racer

Shawn you need to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I let money and my wife stop me I would never ride or go anywhere.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

dreth

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on August 31, 2005, 04:28:35 PM
Shawn you need to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I let money and my wife stop me I would never ride or go anywhere.

its not my wife! she just lets me know when i need to hustle up some extra cash to keep from dipping into the savings! not to mention the fuel rations that florida has recieved!! ITS TRUE! OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS FUEL WILL BE SCARCE!!!!!!


I SAY WE CANCEL THIS RIDE TILL THE END OF OCTOBER!
Or Yall can go on this one and i will post another one for the end of october

felix_z-4

My only problem for not going would be if there is no fuel available.Most stations around here are already empty.If theres fuel to buy,I'm there..Who else????

atvaltz

the gas situation is a rumor lol

my  uncle drives and delivers  gas and he said they are a few days behind but  there will be gas.right now the stations are empty because of that rumor everyone is running and filling up lol.



well i already made plans around this weekend i am going no matter what.I have race fuel,and my truck  has a full tank so i am ready.Plus  i was sweatin I disagree off  getting my bike ready to go yesterday.


1 word   suzuki     nough said

TRX450R_Racer

I heard on the radio that they will dip into the surplus if needed. I also heard Port Everglades is up and running again. Getting gas should be no problem, paying for it is a different story. I hope everone else is still in. I hope at least someone that knows thier way around the forest.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

YFZ450-Tampa

Hummmmmmm !!!!!!!!! over 30 riders were confirm to go for the ride, now at the last moment the one who start all over quit ... nice
Like "atvltz", I also made the plans to go over this weekend, I'll be there arround 9:00 am, I'm pretty sure  the other guys that said "we are going" will keep their word, so I'll see you guys there.

Wayne, Rob, Felix, I count on you guys
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

felix_z-4

Like I said if  got fuel,I'm there.I don't care if is $4 a gallon.Is not no rumor,Homey.Just a little while ago about 4 or 5 stations where already empty.Don't you worry Luis,I got your back.. 

atvaltz

i will be there i dont know my way around  but i will be there
1 word   suzuki     nough said

YFZ450-Tampa

Cool, I "smashed" my GPS, I'll see if I can fix it, but I know a lot of the trails, and I'm sure a lot of guys know many others, so we will be OK.

A lot of people is buying more gas that what they need, thats why a lot of gas stations are runing out, but I'm sure they will fill  back by tomorrow
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

atvtrailer

im definly gonna stil be there, i have a gps(cheapy so it dont show trails or anything like that, but if lost it will show u what way u need to be heading)
05 450r #13B

dreth

Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on August 31, 2005, 06:16:52 PM
Hummmmmmm !!!!!!!!! over 30 riders were confirm to go for the ride, now at the last moment the one who start all over quit ... nice
Like "atvltz", I also made the plans to go over this weekend, I'll be there arround 9:00 am, I'm pretty sure  the other guys that said "we are going" will keep their word, so I'll see you guys there.

Wayne, Rob, Felix, I count on you guys


Im sorry if i have offended you BUT MY FAMILY COMES BEFORE ANY RIDE THAT I PLANNED! YES! IM OFFENDED BY WHAT YOU SAID AND NO I WONT HOLD A GRUDGE! EVERYONE THAT KNOWS ME KNOWS THAT I DRIVE FURTHER AND MORE THAN ANYONE ON THIS SITE TO RIDE WITH FRIENDS but in our current fuel state i feel that its best to cut back on all the unnecessary driving and fuel related events! SO IF YOU FEEL THAT I DIDNT KEEP MY WORD DUE TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES THEN SO BE IT!!

To yall that know me, im sorry im not going to be there! I hope yall understand!

backinsaddle

I'll be there.  I know a few of the trails, but not many.  and I will have my gps for whatever that's worth

dreth...understand...see you on the next ride...end of October did you say?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com