SPEED RIDE II september the 3rd

Started by dreth, August 10, 2005, 08:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backinsaddle

#125
gearhead, this is the route that I take from the south, although I think there is construction on 301 and 42 and the road may be closed???.  (301 does lead to Hwy 44, but I keep going past that intersection):

1.   Exit right (North) onto ramp onto S Main St (HWY 301)
2.   Turn right onto Cr-42   10.5 mi   
3.   Big Bass Entrance      15.8 mi

You can also take 301 and cut over Cr-466, NOT CR-466a (which is a few miles north of 44) to 27, head north on 27, and east on 42 (in case there is still construction on 42 and 301).  Note you still have to drive from the entrance up the dirt road back in to Big Scrub, which isn't included in the travel time

Total is about 25 miles (maybe more like 1/2 hour than 20 minutes).  The first map attached shows coming from the south.

Where specifically are you coming from?  It looks like 44 comes from the west coast from HWY 19?  If your coming from 44, I'd probably turn up 301 and follow the directions I gave you above.  My mom & dad live about halfway between the 301 exit and Big Scrub, and they think that's the quickest route.

If you give me where your coming from, I can find out from mom & dad the best route, they're always traveling around up there

[attachment deleted by admin]

gearhead400

i live in citrus county ON hwy 44 lol. i go through inverness to wildwood, once i get past 75 i take a left at my second light all the way down to cr-42 and then to big bass of course. i think taking 75 to 42 will cut about 10-20 minutes off, i just need to make a trip so i know where im going. Dont want to be late on the 3rd lol. Thanks for the directions!!! =)
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

backinsaddle

No problem on the directions.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Should be fun, I know I'm going to be near the front, as I'm tying a rope onto the back of dreth when he's not looking. ;D

cubnfrank

I got my new Razors last nite Im ready now. Looking foward to meeting everyone
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

gearhead400

Quote from: backinsaddle on August 24, 2005, 09:40:25 AM
No problem on the directions.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Should be fun, I know I'm going to be near the front, as I'm tying a rope onto the back of dreth when he's not looking. ;D

hahaha
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Eruption

I should make this one. I look forward to meeting everyone and I hope I can keep up ;)

YFZ450-Tampa

Yes men, I think this will be a good chance to meet all of you guys I have seen on the site, then I'll have to go to one of those "mud trips" so I can meet the rest of the people from the site, I understand there are a lot of nice girls  ;) humm I sure have to go to one of those ...
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

dreth

Quote from: backinsaddle on August 24, 2005, 09:40:25 AM
No problem on the directions.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Should be fun, I know I'm going to be near the front, as I'm tying a rope onto the back of dreth when he's not looking. ;D

NICE ;) I appreciate the compliment! i just rode at bithlo last night for the 1st time in 2 months! i felt good but was very winded, and it was dark outside! its gonna be HOT so i hope i can keep the pace up so i dont let yall down ;)

Honda328i

Is it the 3rd yet?  This 400 silent in my garage is killing me!!!
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

YFZ450-Tampa

Is good to know that you'r back fully recover men, I went to Bartow Saturday night, I have to practice a lot on the mx, I feel confident in must of the jumps, but I have to work a lot, so I can get real air. Woods and Mx, are very different
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

atvaltz

i cant wait


i guess i am going back to steve's house afterwards and going to downtown to  :drink.gif :T :Y

lol  hope i can stay awake  till i get drunk after the ride lol
1 word   suzuki     nough said

LE450-RACER#77

Ok I guess if everything goes right with my 450 me ,atvaltz ,& Gytr will all be showing up together.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

USA450R

I'm in..............just moved here from Phx, keep me posted.

Matt
2007 Honda TRX450ER

2007 - Engine by ATP // Port // Valve work // CRF 450 Exhaust valve // Top End work // Pro Design Intake w/K&N // Stage 2 cam // 14:1 ATP Piston // Rossier // Pro Taper // Nerfs

A-Arms, Suspension, MXR6s next

Ride1Rob

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

dreth

Quote from: Ride1Rob on August 25, 2005, 06:26:08 AM
This is going to be a HUGE ride :)

We are loosing a fast rider due to injury :'( everyone please pray for him to recover soon! and so he doesnt loose his mind while not riding ;)

WE WILL MISS YOU  T2RAPTOR :-*

atvaltz

what happend to  him??

sh*t i just talked to him the other day he said his bike was stripped to the frame
1 word   suzuki     nough said

dreth

Quote from: atvaltz on August 25, 2005, 07:03:05 PM
what happend to  him??

sh*t i just talked to him the other day he said his bike was stripped to the frame

he hurt his foot

Ride1Rob

Ride definitely won't be the same w/o him :'(.  NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

LE450-RACER#77

OK BIKE IS DONE & READY SO LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT SATURDAY.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

TRX450R_Racer

Anyone coming from the southeast like me? I would like to follow someone. If not can I get directions from the turnpike & 40? Thanks
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Ride1Rob

Doesn't Dreth live down near there?
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

backinsaddle

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on August 28, 2005, 05:08:59 PM
Anyone coming from the southeast like me? I would like to follow someone. If not can I get directions from the turnpike & 40? Thanks

I'm headining up sometime Friday from the Ft. Laud area.  I'm trying to get out of work early and be on the road by 3:00 or 4:00.  I'm staying with my parents though, which is about 20 minutes before the entrance to big scrub.  I wouldn't get off at 40, that's further than you have to go.  I posted directions for what I believe is the quickest route at the top of this page of the thread.

dreth

actually 40 is the fastest route due to the speeds that you can travel and the lack of stop and go situations.


TRX450R_RACER im leaving my house at 5am! taking I95 to 40 west to forest rd 588 and go left for like 8 miles and your there! it takes me 3hrs exactly at 82 mph on 95 and 70 mph on 40. im in st.lucie county.

pm me for my # if you want to talk

dreth


eric

#149
9/3/05 Big Scrub Speed Ride II starts here...... :P





Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com