Suwannee River Management opens Swamps to ATVs

Started by Limolarry, June 29, 2005, 08:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limolarry

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Suwannee River Management District has opened up over 60,000 acres of Mallory Swamp to ATVs today! This is great news for north central Floridians with atvs. Here is the link.
Larry
http://www.srwmd.state.fl.us/features/news/mallory+swamp+atvs+.htm
2005 Polaris Sportsman HO 2" lift 26" Vamps
2001 Honda Rancher 350 ES
2007 F-150

jbbj220

That's good news and maybe i should not look a gift horse in the mouth BUT. Did you read the ruels and regs? Max speed limit is 20 MPH on the trails.

On another note might be nice to try at least one time. Are the trails wet and muddy or dry and good for a sport bike. Going to try and find out how to get there and maybe set up a trip to check it out.
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

GSPKurt

Larry-
My next day off is Monday, 7/4. Lets do a check out ride. I'll call you from work if I get time tomorrow (Thurs.) or Friday.
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

02YamahaBigBear400

i think the florida definition of swamp=wet and muddy but there might be trails and levees on the outskirts.
2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player

rubicon500kid

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Eworm

Quote from: GSPKurt on June 29, 2005, 08:49:31 PM
Larry-
My next day off is Monday, 7/4. Lets do a check out ride. I'll call you from work if I get time tomorrow (Thurs.) or Friday.
Kurt

Please report upon returning. The more details the better.

Limolarry

It appears that all you need is a day permit. It doesn't say anything about paying.
 
GSPKurt I talked to the wife and she wants to go to. We have decided to take our boating day at the Suwannee River monday and turn it into an ATV day at Mallory Swamp. We are ready to go explore the unknown Swamps of Lafayette County. Larry
2005 Polaris Sportsman HO 2" lift 26" Vamps
2001 Honda Rancher 350 ES
2007 F-150

americanhighlander

 ;D this  very good  for  people  in  lake city  area.

Well i'm  only  over here  near peacock springs  about  5 or 6miles north of here. and 12 miles  north of mayo.I'm over in mcalpin  not very far from suwannee farms.I hope  they keep  atv park for years to come.in case they start baning riding atvs in suwannee county.then i will goI ride there.try find  out  how get permits and if have contact number for me.Please  pm me to mailbox please.That will be good for me. 8)

In few years  I going live over near jackson county on some big farm land over there.But I saw dirtwheel magzine last month ponce de leon fl they have  a big  gncc track there  I will  love go there to see  doug gust
there when he rides.Maybe I will invite him one day to go riding with me.
That will be great. ;D

thanks,
amhighlander
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

americanhighlander

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

dirty1

well it seems that we need to be really carefull in this,   from now till september is a test run. they want to see what damage will happen and if atvs go of trail,  alot of atv people have a problem sticking to laid out trails. they want mud and tough trails so we will se how this goes and if we can stick to designated trails.........
foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000

tekhanto

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

tekhanto

http://[flash=200,200]http://[/flash]
OK guess jumped the gun curious about it thanks for letting us know
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

Teej

#13
Be very careful. The Mallory Swamp area is especially full of pigmy rattle snakes, diamond back rattlers as big as your forearm and even more cotton mouths in all the ditches along the roads.

The dirt roads are well maintained. I am not sure what they set up for trails though.

I heard that there is another hunting management area a few miles East of Lake City that was also opened to ATV riding. I had some friends go 2 months ago. I don't remember what it is called though.

Teej
Branford, FL
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

tekhanto

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

ronny86250r

does anyone have any intel. on the swuannee?

GSPKurt

It is at mandatory no-wake speed level. Very high. I work right outside Branford.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

A.T.steVe_k

hey all went to check out mallory swamp today didn't take the wheelers just drove out there to check it out basically just roads to cruise on wet on both sides yep just like a swamp :D hot, no shade. didn't see one person out there. i think i'll bring the utility bike when i go back and just cruise. anybody want to go back before sept. it will be closed for hunting season. we'll just adding my 2c
                                                                                     steve_k

jjamesbar

hey steve whats up?

i'll be up to ride either there or tates hell in september. i think my weekends are taken up in august.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com