Saltsdale Sand Drags July 23rd

Started by Smoknbanshee, June 27, 2005, 09:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAPA_TRIBAL

Quote from: BadCompany350 on July 22, 2005, 04:24:02 PM
It had too be better than smokes :D j/p

What kind of times did the tribalz run or did they never get a timeslip?
Daniel! i never got to make a pass. not even a practice run. That was the one bummer about the whole trip. drove 300 plus miles and still have no ideal what the bike runs. oh well. we will be back next month. old motor comes out sunday. in with the new next weekend.  if everything else gets here that is. will have a 4mil cub for sale with in the next couple of weeks if anyone is interested. will post on P.S.

cutngrs

ill just  keep my mouth shut  so as not to piss off the natives :-X ;D
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: cutngrs on July 22, 2005, 10:12:37 PM
ill just  keep my mouth shut  so as not to piss off the natives :-X ;D

ME TOO......Only thing is smoke will be winning tomorrow and will be looking good doing it....HOLLARRRRR
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

HondaATC

Weather is not looking good. As of now I'm figuring not going (60% from the weather channel and 50% from NOAA). BUT, I'm still gonna wake up at the time I was figuring on leaving and see what it looks like then. If its cleared up I'll head on down. I can't afford another 4 hour drive and then just have to turn around and come home :(
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

Smoknbanshee

i don't watch the weather channel, because half the time they are not right anyways...we are racing, so you will either come and race or miss out....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

HondaATC

So even if it is raining, we'll still be racing?
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

tribal_shee

If I were you I would just show up cause they say it's not suposed to rain until late in the day and that would suck to miss out. We already missed out once!
'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires

HOGHEAD

HONDAATC I HAVE YOUR TIRE GAUGE DONT KNOW HOW I ENDED UP WITH IT BUT I DID ILL BRING IT NEXT MONTH AND THE TIRES

Smoknbanshee

Here are the results....great races today....1 hour rain delay before we could run the open class, but the track was DEFINETLY HOOKING after the rain....HOGHEAD did an awesome job working the track today, many thanks to him....
Well half the lights worked today...tribal_shee (LUPO) took out the win lights at the end of the track on practice run, and I mean flat ran over them.  Lupo we still love ya, but we now have to pick on you instead of tony farrow for taking out the tree....

Kids Class
1st - Little Man
2nd - Taylor Volker
3rd - Dalton Volker
4th - Matt Watson

400cc Class
1st - Tony Farrow
2nd - Tim Sisson
3rd - Doug Fogg

450cc Class
1st - Matt Watson
2nd - Steve Kuharske
3rd - Little Man

Modified & Full Modified Banshee OEM cylinder
1st - Tony Farrow
2nd - Kenny Marrow
3rd - Wayne Marrow

Open Class
1st - Matt Schling
2nd - Tony Farrow
3rd - Greg Whitaker

Hope you guys had as much fun as I did.  See you next month.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

HondaATC

Hahah I remembered that when I was about half way back home hoghead. I'll get it from you next month. I got another one here at home to use between now and then.  Lookin forward to getting some paddles on my 500 and coming back down there next month to put a whoopin on some quads  ;D
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

Chillinthemost

Smoke you definatly won 1st place in the (most dirt rings around the neck contest) ;D
Little man, You're an awsome rider and you did a great job, ya win some and ya lose some.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

methyman

Was the track lengthen to 300 Feet?
Sponsorship
[url="http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/"]http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/[/url]

methyman

Quote from: WareRacing07 on July 22, 2005, 01:07:19 AM
Quote from: cutngrs on July 22, 2005, 01:04:33 AM
dont worry ill be riding the crush its   ;D ::)

its what?

535, wheres seminole??
Seminole Tribe Motocross   
Contact - For track info call 863-983-1894 or 863-983-1908.  Fax is  863-983-3454.  E-mail recmanjack@aol.com, mmarcano@semtribe.com (habla espanol), smiles@semtribe.com   
Location - Located in the heart of the Everglades, inside the beautiful Big Cypress Indian Reservation across from the Billie Swamp Safari, the park evokes a kind of early Floridian natural setting that is unique to any Motocross Park in the world.
 
General Information - The Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation has begun construction of a Motocross facility unlike anything ever seen before!
Dubbed the Seminole Tribe Motocross, the 85 acre complex will feature the largest outdoor lighted Motocross track in the USA, built to national caliber specs. This incredible facility will include a custom Pee Wee Track, Quads Sand Drags, and an extensive trail riding course, with the intentions of acquiring AMA, FTR and GNCC sanctioned events.
"Our goal is to become the best motocross riding facility in the country." said Jack Gorton, the track's director. Included in the facility will be camping, showers, bike wash areas, and entertainment. Chickee style huts will serve as vending, concessions, restrooms, and resting areas. The Motocross track will also feature a Chickee style covered starting gate, 5000 capacity covered grandstand seating, and a state of the art audio and video projection system. Also included, a gator pit for reptile enthusiasts. The 85-acre Seminole Tribe Motocross is set to open on the Big Cypress Indian Reservation early next year.

Enjoy refreshments at one of our four food complexes, and browse through our three gift shops. Even customize your own helmet with airbrush artist Jessie Vega.

You can view their website at www.seminoletribemotocross.com

Hours of Operation - See Below:
3/4 Mile Practice Track
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.

3/8 Mile Pee Wee Beginner Track
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.


Costs - $3 General Admission, $20 Riders 6 and up, $10 Riders 5 and under 
Recommended Hotels - Click on this button to find your own hotel....
Sponsorship
[url="http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/"]http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/[/url]

PAPA_TRIBAL

Methyman; is this track up and running now? it sounds awesome..  are they having sandrag events now? if so what is it run on sand, dirt ,clay? let us know.. were always looking for new places to go...

Hoosier Daddy

if anyone has a stock rear rotor laying around..would you please donate to the WareRacing  fund..... :-\
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

methyman

Quote from: PAPA_TRIBAL on July 24, 2005, 04:16:33 PM
Methyman; is this track up and running now? it sounds awesome..  are they having sandrag events now? if so what is it run on sand, dirt ,clay? let us know.. were always looking for new places to go...
Both motocross tracks, trails, peewee track are up and running. I don't think the sand drag track is done yet like 535 Banshee said, but hopefully be done in a few weeks. I have no idea if its going to be sand or clay. I just called the contact number on the web site and the lady had no idea about the sand drag track. I will call back tomorrow to get more information.
Sponsorship
[url="http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/"]http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/[/url]

cutngrs

i went on there web site it sounds like they going to have a sanddrag race on december 9 its a sunday not good for those of us who have to  come from so far away saturday would be much better
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

PAPA_TRIBAL

Chris! I think i have one laying around in the shed. I will look later and send you a PM...

methyman

From site
Other tentative dates:
Nov. 13th - Bikes
Nov. 27th - Quads
Dec. 9th Friday night Supercross, Saturday Motocross the 10th, and
Sunday MX drags on the 11th (if all goes well, lights will be up for Friday night)

It will be the Dec 11 which is Sunday which kinda sux personally.
Sponsorship
[url="http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/"]http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/[/url]

tribal_shee

yeh I figured it would probably be a sunday thing there. Just cause they do the motocross also and they get a much bigger turn out for that. Kinda like if dade city happened to do a track. Theres no way he would have it on a motocross day. He would lose too much money. The best thing would be for a place that did nothing but sand drags but that looks impossible too! :-\
'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires

535banshee

i talked to jack last week when i was out there working on our equipment. they said it will be open 6 to 7 weeks. it will be sand. 300ft with 450ft shut down. you will be able to run on saturdays for practice. i am going to talk with him about running on saturdays instead of sundays

535banshee

my frame will be here in two weeks and others stuff might take alittle longer but sould be ready for the opening seminole track and for next race in saltsdale. Matt you to get off your ass and come with us to saltsdale. Bring your friends for help cause your going to need it

methyman

Hey Jeff I have been off I disagree. I have been racing at Immokalee Race way. I tried to talk to Roger and other guys to go up to Saltsdale. I can't get a straight answer from them. I just might have to go with the Naples Crew.
Sponsorship
[url="http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/"]http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/[/url]

535banshee

hey matt you can go with us any time you want just give me a call 239-253-2616. my bike sould be ready for the next one. if so we will be there for sure. my brother lives in orlando so we can stay at his house. Albert is going with also, so it sould be a fun time

Smoknbanshee

roger and the ortona crew?   yeah, we have been wanting them guys to come back...
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!