"no helmet rule" with pics posted

Started by Robert4570, June 05, 2005, 05:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMudder

Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on June 07, 2005, 01:50:45 PM
If your under 18 than you should be wearing a helmet in pics. That easy.

So i guess that if your over 18 then your super man and cant be hurt when you flip off your quad and hit the ground head first. It should be that everybody wears one every time they hit the start button. I was playin under a bridge in a mud hole and we were watchin this guy on a 250ex hit this hole. Didn't look bad but when he went into it there was a pot hole and the whole quad went straight up in the air. Luckly he got it back on all fours but if it had came on topof him the the handel bars or the gas cap would have nailed him in the back of the head. Just goes to show you that even if your playin in the mud or hittin a jump at an MX track your brain should be protected.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: MadMudder on June 07, 2005, 05:28:57 PM
Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on June 07, 2005, 01:50:45 PM
If your under 18 than you should be wearing a helmet in pics. That easy.

So i guess that if your over 18 then your super man and cant be hurt when you flip off your quad and hit the ground head first. It should be that everybody wears one every time they hit the start button. I was playin under a bridge in a mud hole and we were watchin this guy on a 250ex hit this hole. Didn't look bad but when he went into it there was a pot hole and the whole quad went straight up in the air. Luckly he got it back on all fours but if it had came on topof him the the handel bars or the gas cap would have nailed him in the back of the head. Just goes to show you that even if your playin in the mud or hittin a jump at an MX track your brain should be protected.

That's why I said in the pics. Helmets are good in my opinion, but it's not a law as of yet.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

J.D.

I dont always agree with the no helmet no pics but I appreciate this site so I try to follow the rules . Last year I lost my father in a motorcycle accident because he was not wearing a helmet . I wish he would have had it on but he did not and he passed as a resul of a head injury. At first My reaction was everyone needs a helmet ...but then I remeber How much my dad loved to ride and how happy he was when the helmet law went away . It's not right to force your opinion on other people , but sometimes we hurt more than just ourselves in an accident...As far as the site goes we have to follow the rules if we want to enjoy the resource . I dont agree with the helmet rule , but I feel the moderators use pretty good  discression on what they allow to be posted .. THEY  ;D seem pretty willing to work with us on it ... so thanks .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

HondaBeaterSFL

Hey Playboy, What was was you uncles name? I think I was there that night. Sorry about your loss.
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

Inyourdraft2000

And all this time I thought the heads were blackened because they were riding in illegal locations and didnt want to be identified.
I guess there are a lot of good points made, the only one that counts is that whoever runs the forumn can do it their way. We dont have to like it or agree but if ya unto come here its the rules.
I would like to add the rules suck in general and some day when I am King I will make the rules as I see it....j/k,,,,I would like to create a beer commercial for our Admin's.."Heres to you Mr forumn administrator, for all your hard work overseeing your atv site on the world wide web and having something to offer for all ages in a clean environment. Thanks you Mr. Forumn administatorrrrrrrrrr" 8)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

Honda328i

#30
Quote from: Robert4570 on June 06, 2005, 12:48:02 PM
Quote from: dreth on June 05, 2005, 08:54:43 PM
this should get good and controversial(sp) by wednesday :D

By the way , good observation dreth.
Stirring up the hornets nest over here. ;D

By the way, what is your opinion of gays riding Fords double on wetlands holding a beer with no helmets on?  LOL (I couldn't resist  ;D )

[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Robert4570

#31
Quote from: Honda328i on June 08, 2005, 12:41:31 AM
Quote from: Robert4570 on June 06, 2005, 12:48:02 PM
Quote from: dreth on June 05, 2005, 08:54:43 PM
this should get good and controversial(sp) by wednesday :D

By the way , good observation dreth.
Stirring up the hornets nest over here. ;D

By the way, what is your opinion of gays riding Fords double on wetlands holding a beer with no helmets on?  LOL (I couldn't resist  ;D )



LOL , 
Thats way too much to cover.
Besides that will require too much editing .
You'd have to black out the Ford ,only Dodges allowed ,the beer depending on the brand , and of course the alternative rider (PC ). :-* :D

bigsteve

The rider that gets A head injury for not wearing A helmet is not the only one that gets hurt. Supose that person never recovers from their injury. That person just became A burden to his loved ones:(wife, husband, parent, brother ,sister) etc.So that person has to eat throgh A straw, And have someone wipe their butt for the rest of their lives. All because he did'nt like to wear A helmet. How selfish!

Some might say that I'm being exstreme. But just think about it?

I could'nt think of not being able to take care of my family, for A few moments of "FREEDOM".


"IT'S OK TO BE CRAZY! JUST DON'T LET IT DRIVE YOU INSANE!
04 CRF 80
05 LTZ 250
05 KFX 100
05 KFX700 (You know GREEN is faster so don't ask!)
03 Mojave
04 CRF 250
07 RMZ 250
05 DRZ 400

Gamer

I agree with the site administrators on not allowing pictures without helmets.  If were to get more areas for riding then it needs to be perceived to the public that were doing it safe.  There are alot of environmentalists and public officials that visit this site that would love to use anything into there defence.  I personally do not wear a helmet on my utility bike.  I used to wear one when I was younger and had a 3 wheeler.  Those things were dangerous and easy to topple over.  I just enjoy cruising and riding on the trails.  Most places I go the speed limit is only 10 to 25 MPH.  You can do that on your bicycle.  Until they make people riding motorcycles wear helmets this issue should be a dead topic.  Of course anyone considered a minor should be wearing one.

PLAYBOY_400

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR CONCERNS. MY UNCLES NAME WAS KEITH"SCOTT" WILSON
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

raptor426

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400