"no helmet rule" with pics posted

Started by Robert4570, June 05, 2005, 05:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert4570

Hello all ,
Have a question which anyone might be able to answer or a moderator can answer.

I have seen many pictures deleted from this site because the person(s) in the picture(s) was not wearing a helmet .
Why then are all the videos in this site allowed when hardly anybody is wearing a helmet?
Rules are rules but we should be consistent with them.  Almost all the videos in this site are in violation of this "rule".

I am sure you can put a disclaimer to the effect of we are not responsible for the content but that's nonsense , bending the rules for one and not the other?
Looking forward to response,
Thanks

MadMudder

Yea that is a pretty good question. I do know that you can't view the videos or pics unless you become a member or login.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Robert4570

I agree with wearing helmets especially for kids i just think if we are trying to set prcedent  for safety with helmets , then the same should apply to videos.

Especially when you see a bunch a sport quads racing across an open field  with no protective gear .
Just my opinion .

MadMudder

Now i do agree with the helmet thing. Everybody should wear one but it should be mandatory for the kids. Now for the protective gear and chest protectors and stuff like that, those things should be optional. I just ride in jeans and a t shirt. I can see if you are on an mx track. But just for normal riding, i wouldn't bother with that kind of stuff.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

tampaboy813

I feel the same way one or the other...the big deal to all this is the media comes to pages and looks for info on stuff like this....and the last thing we need is more bad info going to the media....

dreth

this should get good and controversial(sp) by wednesday :D

qt314nfla

Ok, so the pics posted of ppl playing in the mud in first gear.  I can run faster than the bikes are moving.  Should there be helmets?

I wear mine 99.9% of the time and I'm a helmet advocate.  But there are the few times when at a mud hole where I might take it off.  Is this ok or should I wear a helmet then too?

Robert4570

#7
Quote from: QT314Nfla on June 05, 2005, 10:08:57 PM
Ok, so the pics posted of ppl playing in the mud in first gear.  I can run faster than the bikes are moving.  Should there be helmets?

I wear mine 99.9% of the time and I'm a helmet advocate.  But there are the few times when at a mud hole where I might take it off.  Is this ok or should I wear a helmet then too?

I agree with  you , I,ve been ridin' 3 wheelers since 1977 with no helmet , never wore one .
I am not a helmet advocate I just disagree with the no helmet no pic posted on site rule. Thats why i pointed out the videos not having helmets and the discrepency between the two. If we are trying to achieve something by not showing riders without helmets then do the same with the videos.
I  don't ride with a helmet , i ride swamps my top speed by GPS  is 3-5 mph.

Numkut

It doesn't seem likely that a helmet would be of much help in the mud.
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

jwscroll

I have had treads erased by moderators for being asmartmouthed redneck, but it was done under the pretense of not having helmets in the pic. I have to agree w/the view that this site is  hipocritical when it comes to helmets.  Also, I wore my helmet in the mud this week just for this site and almost passed out from heat exhaustion. And as far as the media coming here to learn more about ATV they're idiots anyway and unless they go ridin they don't know jack.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

ish

also some of the pics in here have ppls heads blacked out. ooohhhh what a difference, no they're not riding without helmets. ppl can see that if you have a head cut off in a pic then your not wearing a helmet, some of us are not stupid. personally i wear my helmet everytime i ride my banshee, but when i ride my 4x4 i dont wear it cause i am not going 1/4 of the speed. just my 2cents
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]www.ATVMiaXtreme.com[/url]
[url="http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg"]http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg[/url]

Robert4570

#11
 Nothing wrong with being a smart mouthed redneck
as long as you make a valid point  jwscroll.

As for the media , guess what ? Only bad news makes headlines , anybody ever realize that ?
Ever see the news about an uneventful weekend at your local mudhole where no body got hurt , arrested, or chased by the sheriff ?
Only the negative gets attention and thats where the helmet issues comes in.

Its about presenting a good public image , but in reality those that oppose our favorite pass time , enviromentalists, public saftey advocate groups, some yuppies etc , don't care if you wear one or not they prefer this activity gone.

Look at the big cypress with ORV's there  and i am  going to cut this short now.  Its not just a florida problem as most of you know ,but  a nation wide probelm  .
Research when you get a chance and you'll see the much bigger picture.

Also ,last while entering this reply i noitced ISH's post and like to note that a valid point is made.
"I wear my helmet everytime i ride my banshee, but when i ride my 4x4 i dont wear it cause i am not going 1/4 of the speed. just my 2cents "


Thanks

Robert4570

Quote from: dreth on June 05, 2005, 08:54:43 PM
this should get good and controversial(sp) by wednesday :D

By the way , good observation dreth.
Stirring up the hornets nest over here. ;D

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Ida_Mann

the speed argument in this topic makes no sence because I would have a cracked head from riding a few weeks back at only about 1-2 MPH if I wasn't wearing a helmet.

There was nowhere to go except down to the ground and let the dang quad roll over me,,,,I was picking clay out of the facemask area for a few minutes after that one,,,,I dunno what a 400lb quad would have done to my hard head, but I'm glad I was wearing that plastic thing on my head.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Exmx54

Just wear it if you want to post vids, I'll always wear a helmet, can't replace your head. If you disagree then just don't post pics or vids, the site mainly doesnt allow it because it's wrong to ride without one, even if you're going 4 MPH, maybe you'll drive into an uneven pothole in the mud, which happens a lot and have the quad flip over on top of you.

apkkfx400

Quote from: MadMudder on June 05, 2005, 06:02:04 PM
Now i do agree with the helmet thing. Everybody should wear one but it should be mandatory for the kids. Now for the protective gear and chest protectors and stuff like that, those things should be optional. I just ride in jeans and a t shirt. I can see if you are on an mx track. But just for normal riding, i wouldn't bother with that kind of stuff.

I have to agree with MadMudder-Rarely do I see the use for a helmet in the mud or just cruisin' around on open trails.  When you're blasting thru the trails or on a mx track-better have a helmet on or lose what's inside (of the helmet that is).  Fell true this past weekend at hardrock-on the outback track I misjudged the severity of the whoops on the back stretch of the track and hit them a lot faster than I should have-felt like I was on a bull ride-spit me off and I rolled approx 3 times-lost track after 1 1/2 and hit my head against track pretty hard-I was fine, but thanks to the helmet!!!!

Bottom line is, it's a judgement call, you know how and where you ride-I ride my quad to the point where I feel I need to wear it 98% of the time-the other 2% is after maintenance or working on it-not ridin' fast just making sure everything sounds and feels alright!!

J.D.

Some times you just have to appreciate what little you can get away with , now that someone has opened up this can of worms , i'm shure posting pics wont be as easy in the future . Being in a politically correct state of mind all the time sucks .Just look at the politicians . Dont they look happy . As far as the No helmet rule ...how does H Stern say it .. If you dont like it change the channel .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Robert4570

JD ,
Brought the subject up because a couple of the Holey Land Memorial Day ridin' pics you  posted had the heads blacked out.
Good pictures you posted it sucks to see them blacked out thats all.
I know I'm not the first to bring this up and don't mean to upset anybody but, obviously that this a touchy subject so I'll drop it.
This is an excellent site , I just happen to disagree with that one rule.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

If your under 18 than you should be wearing a helmet in pics. That easy.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

PLAYBOY_400

HELMETS NEED TO BE WORNE NO MATTER WHAT YOU DOING . IF YOUR ON THE BIKE AND JUST GOING FOR A LIL CRUISE IT STILL NEEDS TO BE ON. MY UNCLE DIED AT HOLLY LANDS LAST MARCH. HE ALWAYS WORE HIS HELMET. BUT THE ONE TIME HE DICIDE TO GO OUT FOR A LIL JOY RIDE RIGHT IN FRONT OF WHERE WE WERE PARKED HE HIT A PIECE OF BAR STICKING UP FROM THE GROUND AT NO MORE THAN 5 MILES AN HOUR AND DIED FROM HEAD INJURIES. THE POINT IS NO MATTER WHETHER UR STANDING STILL OR DOING 5 MILES AN HOUR OR EVEN 70 YOU CAN DIE OR GET SERIOUSLY HURT IF YOU HIT UR HEAD THE WRONG WAY. THE BEST THING IS TO JUST WEAR IT. IF IT GETS TOO HOT TAKE A BREAK.
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: PLAYBOY_400 on June 07, 2005, 02:33:13 PM
HELMETS NEED TO BE WORNE NO MATTER WHAT YOU DOING . IF YOUR ON THE BIKE AND JUST GOING FOR A LIL CRUISE IT STILL NEEDS TO BE ON. MY UNCLE DIED AT HOLLY LANDS LAST MARCH. HE ALWAYS WORE HIS HELMET. BUT THE ONE TIME HE DICIDE TO GO OUT FOR A LIL JOY RIDE RIGHT IN FRONT OF WHERE WE WERE PARKED HE HIT A PIECE OF BAR STICKING UP FROM THE GROUND AT NO MORE THAN 5 MILES AN HOUR AND DIED FROM HEAD INJURIES. THE POINT IS NO MATTER WHETHER UR STANDING STILL OR DOING 5 MILES AN HOUR OR EVEN 70 YOU CAN DIE OR GET SERIOUSLY HURT IF YOU HIT UR HEAD THE WRONG WAY. THE BEST THING IS TO JUST WEAR IT. IF IT GETS TOO HOT TAKE A BREAK.

That was your uncle? My friend's Hondabeater and Csbchuck were there when it happened. They called in the GPS coordinates for the Helivac. Sorry for your loss.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

gery350

trx-sorry for your loss. man thats gotta be tough.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: gery350 on June 07, 2005, 03:16:24 PM
trx-sorry for your loss. man thats gotta be tough.

It was Playboy's uncle, but thanks for the concern.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Robert4570