Does any body know where to get the best E4OD rebu

Started by LonesomeTriZ, June 01, 2005, 06:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LonesomeTriZ

I have to replace the transmission in my dually. Richeyrich hooked me up with a good deal on a used E4OD because mine is smoked, including the housing. I want to rebuild the one he got me with all heavy duty components so I do not go through this again. A lot of companies out there claim there kits are the best, but how do I know who is correct.

My truck is a 1995 F-350 dually with a Powerstoke and all the stuff Banks offers for it. I have semi bud wheels and ties on it and I pull a thirty foot horse trailer and a twenty foot car trailer.

If any of you have any suggestions let me know.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

Chuck_Norris

QuoteI have to replace the transmission in my dually. Richeyrich hooked me up with a good deal on a used E4OD because mine is smoked, including the housing. I want to rebuild the one he got me with all heavy duty components so I do not go through this again. A lot of companies out there claim there kits are the best, but how do I know who is correct.

My truck is a 1995 F-350 dually with a Powerstoke and all the stuff Banks offers for it. I have semi bud wheels and ties on it and I pull a thirty foot horse trailer and a twenty foot car trailer.

If any of you have any suggestions let me know.
bring it to me I will get it done, fasterblaster will speak for my trans tech. and keep it consumer friendly[smiley=Wink.gif] give me a call (904)424-4127

LonesomeTriZ

How far away are you from Seffner? Can you make this thing bullet proof?
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

Chuck_Norris

I work for a Ford Dealer in jacksonville. if that will give you some sort of idea how far away it is. I can repair it with the updated componets that are provided by FORD, above and beyond that BTS transmissions(Brians truck shop) are the best but they are also $4000.00. Very popular on the diesel stop website. let me know if you will be providing parts.

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

bring it to me chuck is to expensive  ;D, just kiding I work at the same place and wanted to bust chucks b$$$s but we have the best trans tech out there and real resonable.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

LonesomeTriZ

Your not kidding about the $4000. That is what I have been getting quotes on. what do you suggest I do about the torque converter? It is smoked as well. A lot of people have told me to go with a billet converter. How much do you think I am looking at if I just drop the whole thing in your lap and you get the parts? What kind of improvements can I expect?
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: LonesomeTriZ on June 01, 2005, 06:30:36 PM
Your not kidding about the $4000. That is what I have been getting quotes on. what do you suggest I do about the torque converter? It is smoked as well. A lot of people have told me to go with a billet converter. How much do you think I am looking at if I just drop the whole thing in your lap and you get the parts? What kind of improvements can I expect?
PM your Phone number I will give it to my trans Tech and you 2 hash out the details. Make sure you give it to me and not Bigworm he'll charge you more and use the same trans tech. ;D J/K

LonesomeTriZ

Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

dirty1

BECAREFULL......... no matter what kind of parts( ford or aftermarket) you put in you will end up in the same boat down the road. the e4od transmission has a defect from ford that has to be corrected by the builder. the rear drum that houses some of the clutches has a pin hole in it, i learned at a tranny seminar that that hole is to be opened up to 3/16ths i believe . the improper hole in it now causes the rear of the unit to starve for oil , over heat and piss fluid out of the front of the transmissin, make sure who ever you bring it to you ask them to do that, if the builder looks at you funny when you say that, remove your tranny from where itys at and find a builder who has encountered this issue ........
foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000

LonesomeTriZ

Now that is usful information. Thank you for bringing that up. I will make that a matter of concern.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: dirty1 on June 03, 2005, 09:52:28 AM
BECAREFULL......... no matter what kind of parts( ford or aftermarket) you put in you will end up in the same boat down the road. the e4od transmission has a defect from ford that has to be corrected by the builder. the rear drum that houses some of the clutches has a pin hole in it, i learned at a tranny seminar that that hole is to be opened up to 3/16ths i believe . the improper hole in it now causes the rear of the unit to starve for oil , over heat and piss fluid out of the front of the transmissin, make sure who ever you bring it to you ask them to do that, if the builder looks at you funny when you say that, remove your tranny from where itys at and find a builder who has encountered this issue ........

I've heard this and have noticed E4OD's do blow front seals more then they should. My tranny's got 200,000 on it and doesn't leak, but when it does I'll make sure this is corrected. :)
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

LonesomeTriZ

Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

thiefcatcher

believe it or not, the one thing that keeps them going is not changing the fluid, when the fluid get  broken down and thinned out it get through the allreadyt to small hole easier, putting newer thicker fluid restricts it from getting to the rear of the tranny. i have friends that have alot of miles on theres and they have no problems, and i have had friends that have had  fluid flushes and within days of that problems show up all over

dirty1

i see im not the only one to know of the problem, Thief are you a tech too?
foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: LonesomeTriZ on June 03, 2005, 11:08:47 AM
How did you get it to last that long?

By getting the truck used. I treat it like a red-headed stepchild so I don't expect another 200,000  ;D
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

LonesomeTriZ

I was easy on mind. The one time I have to really get on it, this happens.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

dirty1

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000

TRX350_On_The_Rack

It must of been a lot of getting on it to do that much damage. Were you towing a bulldozer when this happened? :)
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

LonesomeTriZ

Quote from: dirty1 on June 03, 2005, 11:59:19 AM
are you towing in overdrive?????????

To my knowledge I was. But in my defense, I have no way of turning it off. I have no swicth like i have seen on other fords of the same year break. All I have on the selecter is 1st, 2nd, and drive. So I assumed the computer controls it.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

LonesomeTriZ

Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on June 03, 2005, 12:01:03 PM
It must of been a lot of getting on it to do that much damage. Were you towing a bulldozer when this happened? :)

I got stuck in a dicth. I had my passenger side stuck with my driver side on hrd pack. i was able to get my drives out, but my steers just bull dozed back and forth.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

dirty1

you should have a button on the colum shifter,   towing in overdrive is the worst thing in the world for a transmission, its a big no no , it wears so bad and puts so much metal in your transmission, all e4od transmissions have a button to turn it on and of
foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000

LonesomeTriZ

Quote from: dirty1 on June 03, 2005, 12:08:50 PM
you should have a button on the colum shifter,   towing in overdrive is the worst thing in the world for a transmission, its a big no no , it wears so bad and puts so much metal in your transmission, all e4od transmissions have a button to turn it on and of

You are correct. My girl friends F-250 has that button. However, my F-350 does not. I do not know why.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

Robert4570

http://www.thedieselstop.com/

Do search on this Ford PSD site on transmissions failures and get an idea of what to expect, been there.
The transmissions are so expensive to repair that when mine acted up under extended  waranty i had repaired and traded it in for a 6 spd diesel .

Never again will i buy a diesel with an automatic.
The torque that some of these after market feul boxes are making is far beyond what the stock automatic  trannies can handle .

Get rid ofthose semi 22 or 24 " wheels ,if you dont regear for them your killin the tranny.

Good Luck

LonesomeTriZ

Quote from: Robert4570 on June 06, 2005, 10:21:24 PM
http://www.thedieselstop.com/

Do search on this Ford PSD site on transmissions failures and get an idea of what to expect, been there.
The transmissions are so expensive to repair that when mine acted up under extended  waranty i had repaired and traded it in for a 6 spd diesel .

Never again will i buy a diesel with an automatic.
The torque that some of these after market feul boxes are making is far beyond what the stock automatic  trannies can handle .

Get rid ofthose semi 22 or 24 " wheels ,if you dont regear for them your killin the tranny.

Good Luck

Thanks for the information. I will check them out. Regearing was the next step I was going to take before this happned. I am well aware of the damage that can be cuased with large tires and stock gearing.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com