I didn't pass the fcat math

Started by Njoutlaw88, May 23, 2005, 11:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njoutlaw88

I can't believe this. I passed the fcat reading by 15 points but I didnt pass the math. I missed out by 6 points. This is so crazy I am really agervated about this. I might have to retake it in the summer. I think this fcat test is crazy. I get nervous before the test and tend not to do so well.

SkyHighT100

I know what you mean, I hated FCAT because that seemed to be all that the teachers taught us (so we would do well so that school would get money). A lot of people get nervous when it comes to tests (try eating peppermints while you're taking them, thats what friends of mine did). Dont be so hard on yourself though. A lot of people have to retake those dumb tests, lol.. at least you have the opprotunity to do that this summer.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Anoriginal

Try taking a study course from Blackstone or Princeton Review. They are known to help a great deal.

Exmx54

I'm sooo happy my school doesn't do Fcat's. They are the dumbest tests I've ever heard of.

Bigscrb15

#4
what sucks about the fcat is that i passed it with all above averages and I was in the top 1/2% of the state, but they still held me back because I never turned in my homework even though i made 90% and above on EVERY test in school. kinda sounds like double standards, doesnt it? But yea man, dont worry about not passin it, they mean nothing in real life once your out of school.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Exmx54

Quotewhat sucks about the fcat is that i passed it with all above averages and I was in the top 1/2% of the state, but they still held me back because I never turned in my homework even though i made 90% and above on EVERY test in school. kinda sounds like double standards, doesnt it? But yea man, dont worry about not passin it, they mean nothing in real life once your out of school.

Little something called college, you need good fcats and grades to get in to college, you need to attend a good college to get a good job, so yeah, it desides your life.

Yamaha72

I feel for you man, some of my friends didn't pass but I passed all of them this year when it counts in 10th grade. If you pass it in 10th you never have to take that crappy test again.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

SkyHighT100

Coming from a college student... FCATs really do NOT matter. The only reason why we take FCATs are so that the state knows which schools are doing their jobs and teaching what they are supposed to be. (thats why all you learn about all year is what's on the FCAT, lol, there's your DS). Anyway, when it comes to college, as long as you take a CPT, SAT, or ACT then you'll have no problems getting it (and if it's community college a GPA isnt a main concern, only for finanical aid). I wish my GPA in high school was high because I get $0 (yes I said $0) in finanical aid money... so I pay for all of my school and books on my own, its almost impossible.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

raptorboy954

i didnt pass the writing part of FCAT  :-/. i havnt taken the math so im gonna take the pointers people posted. maybe il pass both of em

raptorboy
LOOKING FOR A NEW QUAD

o4250

Too be honest with you I've never worried about F-cats. My teacher showed me mine the other day and I didn't even know how to tell if I passed. :-/

rubicon500kid

and you dont need to go to college to get a good jobnright out of high school i can make 21 to 30 $ an hour
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

400exRacer77

im lucky i kept failing the reading part of it by like 2 and 3 points each year and i finally passed im glad now cause im graduating this saturday!!!!
2000-03 CRF450EX ..... Houser +3 LT a-arms and +1.25 swingarm, Custom Axis fully adjustable suspension front and rear, Walsh radiator, Douglas wheels, CRF450 motor, not quite done yet though......

Numkut

Woohoo I passed, Got a Level 5! I don't know how my teacher said I had 5 years worth of growth, it was amazing.
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

Bigscrb15

im not gonna brag or anything, but im a highschool dropout and im sure most people that have met me will tell you I do well enough for myself.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Njoutlaw88

Quoteim not gonna brag or anything, but im a highschool dropout and im sure most people that have met me will tell you I do well enough for myself.


What do you do?

Bigscrb15

QuoteWhat do you do?

I work in the flooring industry, and yes it is our fmaily business, but I had to dropout so it would stay in business and I have brought it to the top in our area in just 3 years.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

ucfneed2ride

When applying to colleges it is your SAT and your GPA that count. Although if you failed the FCAT you may want to take some pre-SAT courses. The SAT aint no joke...
They are right though, you dont need to go to college to get a high paying job. I will be graduating UCF at the end of the summer and probably will not be making as much as some of my friends that didnt go to college. It all depends on what you want to do.
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

MuddFreak77

Hey UCF,

    I agree with you on that statement, I have a 4 year degree and my sister has a high school education.  She makes twice as much as I do.  I sat there and was like WTF thats not fair.  But I'm happy for her either way, it just sucks for those of us with student loans.

Carl
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

ucfneed2ride

I wouldnt trade my college experience for anything though. I have learned so much that i never really appreciated until now that I am about to graduate. Also, had insane amounts of fun along the way.
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

QuoteLittle something called college, you need good fcats and grades to get in to college, you need to attend a good college to get a good job, so yeah, it desides your life.

you really believe that?

I feel for ya then.

I had a friend of mine that I knew from middle school all the way through high school that graduated with honors.

he's an assistant manager at a blockbuster in orlando now, and has been for about 5 years.

Last I spoke with him(about a year ago) he was making what we pay our scanners here who all they do is use a computer and scanner to scan old processed checks then put then into boxes.  It's the lowest-paid job in this company and he works like a dog to get paid like that.

If your goal is to get into a good college, by all means, put yer nose in the books and study to get the good grades, but if your goal does not include a college degree,,,don't beat yerself up over high school.  After high school life is VERY different.

I still speak to about 5 people from my high school, and there were 1400 kids at that school when I left.

Some industries require a college education, a lot do not but it helps.

make your own decision.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

GytrRaptor13


Ida_Mann

I don't even remember the FCATs because there was not such a big deal put on them.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

raptorboy954

from wat i hear u need to pass FCAT to graduate highschool   thats true right

raptorboy
LOOKING FOR A NEW QUAD

Mrs.Nightbreed

QuoteI don't even remember the FCATs because there was not such a big deal put on them.

Id@

I don't remember taking them.I think it was started with Jeb....

Njoutlaw88

QuoteI don't remember taking them.I think it was started with Jeb....

that jeb.... ::)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com