I didn't pass the fcat math

Started by Njoutlaw88, May 23, 2005, 11:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

I can tell you this, the FCAT test is similar in structure and design to the ACT and SAT test.

The ACT and SAT test is similar to the GRE, GMAT, MPRE, LSAT, and so on... you know, the tests you have to take and perform very well on if you wish to go beyond a four year degree.

If you are not a college grad (or even worse, a high school grad) and you are making loads of money, good for you. I and everyone else am/is sincerely happy for you. Why? Because you are an extreme minority.

No high school diploma? You're very very limited. You better have a family business to turn to and/or some great luck.

No college? That's fine. You can do okay without it. But, on the average, without a college education you will make far less over your life.

As far as the FCAT not relating to real life, think again. Your ability to at least pass the FCAT test is a direct reflection on several things:

1. Your ability to learn, retain and apply.
2. Your school's ability to teach you in a proper manner.
3. Your ability to handle pressure, decision making, problem solving and logic.

... just to name a few.

$20.00 per hour is excellent for a high school grad and almost unheard of for a drop out. So if you're getting at least that amount as a drop out, I am impressed and sincerely happy for you. However, $20.00 per hour is only $41,600.00 per year. While this isn't too bad, consider that before taxes this is only $3,467.00 +/- per month gross. In real dollars you're taking home around $2,700.00 depending on your tax set up.

Now, figure into that a mortgage, a car payment, medical insurance, proeprty taxes, food, fuel, misc. payments (ie - those credit cards) and there isn't much left over. With kids, there is even less.

Granted, everyone is different. I have great friends of mine who did not go to college that do extremely well. These are smart people with plenty of drive, good business sense and a definite ability to plan, save and spend wisely. So, please don't take this like I'm knocking anyone who chooses to drop out or not attend college.

All I'm saying is that as someone who went to college for over twelve years, it was a wonderful experience that I hope everyone (who wants to) gets the chance to enjoy. Take the FCAT seriously. Try to do your best. If you fail, study where needed and do it again. You owe it to yourself to try your hardest. School and the tests like the FCAT are not dumb. Treat them like you would a hill that you haven't been able to climb or those .00's of a second you want to scrape off on the sand drag. It will pay off for you in the long run. I promise.

MxRacingChick21

Quoteand you dont need to go to college to get a good jobnright out of high school i can make 21 to 30 $ an hour

Hows that? My mom and dad both went to college and dont make that much.
02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400

raptor426

I passed the math and reading part of FCAT, but I failed the writing part that kids in 10th grade have to take.  I cant believe I fail that test.  I am one of the best writers in my English class, but I completely froze on the test, it sucked sooooooooo much.  Now i have to retake it again next year.  DAM
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

devildog55

yeah that fcat was stupid as heck. i passed them no problem. but still managed to fail like every year. my school had this stupid thing if you missed more then 0 days you failed that semester. man i could miss 9 days in a week. ;)but antways i knew kids that were on honor roll and could pass that stupid test, so they didnt get to graduate on time. and all that student loan stuff, im not trying to recuit anyonr but while in the Marines the pay for 100% of your schooling. then when you get you you get $50,000 for the G.I. bill for only paying in 1000 bucks
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL

jwscroll

College can be important if that's what matters to you. And that's what it really comes down to, the choices you make in life will either take you where you want to go or (if you made bad choices) they will take you to the bottom.
     I guess I am one of those rare cases. I'm a highschool dropout that joined the Navy, saw the world (mostly the far east), and did not get a GED until after I got out. I now own my landscaping company and am doing fairly well.
     The FCAT tests didn't exsist when I was in school and if they had  I probably would have failed them on purpose just to trip my school up.
      What would happen if all the parents decided not to let their child take the test, have a schoolwide sickout everytime the test is scheduled, that would be cute.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

CAOSPOP

Hey don't say that about the CAT .Moderaters can you say F&*CKING CAT HERE..

And what is an FCAT. Is that another way to talk bad about the girlfriends cat.heheJ/K

NOTHING absolutely NOTHING that i learned in H/S i use in real life. well maybe what i learned from about girls.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com