5a or osceola ride

Started by mudbucket2, February 10, 2013, 11:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudbucket2

thinking about going to 5a are osceola next weekend if anybody wants to go 2-16-13. went to hasting yesterday rode about 6 hours met a few ppl ,, a little dusty in places ,ponds drying up slow,, overall had fun!!

little blue 300

5A was very dusty yesterday, but it's supposed to rain on Wednesday. It it does, then it should be a lot better. Larry

cobrap

Osceola, bad idea for Saturday.  It's the Olustee Festival, Friday and Saturday.  Sunday will be all cleared out.  Traffic is a bear and 90 will be a mad house.
07 Polaris Scrambler 500 w/ winch, 03 Trailblazer 400,
99 Yamaha Breeze 125
89 Jeep YJ - 33s", 4 1/2" Lift, 9.5 Winch
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor

mudbucket2

Looks like I may be going to 5a Saturday ! If I don't have to work .. I will post Friday afternoon if I have to work or not. Who all going !!!

imsobored152

I might go up to 5a on sat. Never been there, but its a bit too early to know for sure

xchief1320

How far is 5a from Jax? Camp Blanding is having a open ride Saturday but not sure if I want to go to that or ride somewhere else.

mudbucket2

5a is at exit 231 just south of Daytona . About 1 1/2 hour drive from jax. I will be leaving hardees at Merrill and 295 around 5.

xchief1320

Doubt I go that far this weekend. If I don't end up at Camp Blanding i'll probably just hit Hastings. I did some clutch work to my bike and still have to play with the roller weights to get the upshift where I want it.  Have fun though..

little blue 300

Jim, June and I will be there but probably not till 9AM. It's supposed to be around 50 degrees Sat morning. Larry

mudbucket2

Well I have to work tomorrow, at lease half day. If so I may go to Hasting after I get off .anybody going?

Ole Nasty

xchief, what kind of bike do you have and where in Jax are you?  I was just wondering because you mentioned rollers but you have a sport quad as your avatar.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

xchief1320

Quote from: Ole Nasty on February 15, 2013, 11:15:39 PM
xchief, what kind of bike do you have and where in Jax are you?  I was just wondering because you mentioned rollers but you have a sport quad as your avatar.

I had a sport but got rid of it and now I have a Arctic cat 500. I got it to use around the property but of course i can't leave it alone.
The clutch work woke it up pretty well though. Still heavy and slow, But more fun then the sport was...

Ole Nasty

Were you in the Navy?  I just ask because your user name.  I'm active navy and ride with quite a few active service members too.  Sorry I hijacked your thread jim.  I'm really bummed I can't ride for the next few months.  Longest stretch of no riding for me since I bought my bike.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

We are supposed to go to hastings sunday.  Might be icy. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

mudbucket2

#14
I will be driving black z71 ,riding a blue sportsman 850 . And np on the hijacking Sean. And bummer on the foot !! Who's all going ?? this is for tomorrow , ((saturday)).

Crewsing

So far 4-5 mugs. Brute, can am, 3-4 popos. Around 10am
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

Where's the pics?!  I'm living vicariously through yall now, lol.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

10-4 this evening i will post some.
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

xchief1320

A buddy and I were out there Saturday but didn't take any pics or video.

Anyone know if they ever found the guy that wrecked his truck?  We looked everywhere we rode and never seen anything.

mudbucket2

I was out there also and heard something about a wreck,, I was also looking and seen nothing. Hope there ok!!

strubby

Hey guys figured I'd just post in here rather than start a new thread. Riding ONF tomorrow but planning on 5A NEXT Sunday if anyone wants to go. Should be between 3-5 of us on my end.
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)