Creek Riding

Started by Ole Nasty, April 22, 2012, 02:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Nasty

Did a little water riding yesterday.  We were already soaking wet from being caught in a monsoon.  The only bad part of the trip was I rolled the Grizz, again, and destroyed my new Yamaha HD bumper.  So that part of the day sucked but the rest was some awesome riding.









Creek riding at Hastings
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Nice. Looks like water level is up a little.  Last couple trips to waffletop(about a month ago) it was getting dryer and dryer.  I found a sweet place off beach blvd to ride. Big chunk of land with hills, trails, lakes, and a dozen mudholes.  Just a couple miles from my house. Kind of nice not having to pull a trailer an hour to go riding. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

dieselbeef


SMP63

Looks like Hastings, up by Palatka!!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

Ole Nasty

The pics and vids are from Hasting but I'm REAL interested on this place off Beach.  I'm getting tired of driving an hour to ride too.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

mudbucket2

where is this place off beach blvd ?? and is it posted ? and how big is it ? thanks

Crewsing

go east on beach pass kernan.  1st light take left.  road turns to dirt then keep going till u hit powerlines.  has to be atleast 1000 acres. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

I_N_3

Only an hour? Consider yourselves fortunate in comparison to others.  
KiNG QuAD 750

Cpearl

Very cool. Looks like a ton of fun. Snorkels or die!  ;)
Automated Gelatin Thrower For Sale! :)
[url="http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/electronic/182509-mint-dangerous-power-sale.html"]http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/electronic/182509-mint-dangerous-power-sale.html[/url]

www.chrispearlphotography.com

I_N_3

cool video and pics thanx 4 sharing
KiNG QuAD 750

hondaquad19

were is this place at it looks fun and how big is it

Ole Nasty

It's just outside of Palatka.  It's pretty big and it's free.  Here's a map.  I park at "A" and the beginning of the creek I was riding in is at "B".  Some people refer to "B" as "Waffle Top".
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=Beckenger Ave&amp;daddr=Ruby St&amp;geocode=Fav3wwEd1rQk-w;FfiuwwEdqiMl-w&amp;sll=29.609133,-81.458473&amp;sspn=0.021827,0.038581&amp;t=h&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=dme&amp;mrsp=1&amp;sz=15&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=29.609133,-81.458473&amp;spn=0.021827,0.038581&amp;output=embed<br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Dorsey

Is this place off beach still good to ride? I'm planning on taking my nephew riding tommorow after he gets out of class and this will save on some travel time. The next closest places are Osceola and Flagler Eatates which I can't even remember how to get to(Flagler) as its been Atleast a couple years since I've been there now.

Ole Nasty

I never made to that place off of Beach Blvd.  What kind of bike do you ride and where in JAX are you?
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Beach blvd was shut down after a kid was killed when he hit a truck head on at a intersection.  this happened 3-4 months ago
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

AintSkeered

FWC now knows where to look.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Ole Nasty

2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Dorsey

Quote from: Ole Nasty on September 11, 2012, 09:18:13 PM
I never made to that place off of Beach Blvd.  What kind of bike do you ride and where in JAX are you?

I just bought a Honda 700xx(had a 300ex) this past week and I live in Mandarin.

Ole Nasty

I was just curious because there is a couple spots here in Jax that are good for 4x4s in the mud.  I'm not sure where you can take a sport quad locally.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Ol nasty where have u been riding around Jax? 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

The vids from this thread: http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,46291.0.html  were taken at a little spot on the corner of Brannan Field and Old Jennings, theres usually a few people out riding and in trucks.  Theres a few spots at the end of 103rd, some spots off of Old Middleburg and some spots off of Shindler too. 

Crewsing we need to get together and go ride somewhere big sometime.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

Crewsing

Sounds good nasty.  I have a good group of riders that will be ready to hit some mud soon. One just got a xmr and I cant wait to see that pig in the mud.  I just got some outlaws2 and need to give them a test too.  Once my buddy gets back from iraq, 2 weeks,  we will have around 8-10 mugs ready to roll. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Ole Nasty

Sounds good.  I just mounted up some OL2s myself.  Definitely some mean tires, broke an axle in first ten minutes.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]