Newb question... Please help.

Started by Cpearl, February 27, 2012, 03:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpearl

So I'm going to more than likely(finalllllly!) be in the market for a bike. I've been looking at Yami 450's for the most part. No real reason why outside of Yamaha being one of the major leaders in the industry and their bikes look good as well. I am however now sure what the differences are between the TRX and the YFZ. Can you guys elaborate on those differences for me?


I'm lookin for a trail bike. Not a race quad. Thanks!


Chris ;D
Automated Gelatin Thrower For Sale! :)
[url="http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/electronic/182509-mint-dangerous-power-sale.html"]http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/electronic/182509-mint-dangerous-power-sale.html[/url]

www.chrispearlphotography.com

Cpearl

I asked Jeeves instead. He asked me if I was really on an atv forum or if I was drunk...
Automated Gelatin Thrower For Sale! :)
[url="http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/electronic/182509-mint-dangerous-power-sale.html"]http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/electronic/182509-mint-dangerous-power-sale.html[/url]

www.chrispearlphotography.com

patches206

Quote from: Cpearl on February 29, 2012, 12:55:01 PM
I asked Jeeves instead. He asked me if I was really on an atv forum or if I was drunk...
rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 You could have asked Fishy, oh sorry this is about quads not politics.


The TRX is a more trail friendly quad.  The YFZ is more racer friendly.    Either one will work just depends on how much time you want turning a wrench to maintain them.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

svtbolt04

#3

The YFZ IMO has a much better seat, whereas the TRX feels like a plank to me.

I also don't like my knees in my elbows which the TRX put me in. I am only 5'10-(6'0 with boots) And the feeling of being right over the front end doesn't feel right.

Both have a huge following. Biased riders will be biased. I love Yamaha. I like Honda. I've never owned a Honda, but I have never had any major problems with my Yamaha(s) to consider otherwise.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

patches206

I like Honda power trains they are bullet proof.   Years ago I had a CR500 one of the best machines I ever owned.  I ride Can-am stuff now and currently am riding a DS650 and have an Outlander 800 Max.  These things are huge and fit into my comfort zone, I am 6'4 at the 300 Lbs mark so its a good fit.   

  You have to go with what will fit into your comfort zone.   Both the TRX and YFZ are outstanding machines.  I see tons of these out on the trails and most of the folks I ride with run them.   

Good luck and when you find something if your ever up this way I ride Croom two to three times a month in the cooler months.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!