Newbie goin to motoplex this Friday(3/12). tips?

Started by vdubspeed, March 09, 2010, 08:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubspeed

Going to bring my 05 Honda 450r there Friday. Lookin mainly to hit the trail and perhaps the MX track.

No care for mud...sorry 4X4 guys :-[

Anyway...got a helmet, goggles, gloves, boots and some long pants. Do I need any other gear?

Anything a newbie should know?

Thanks,

Jason from Valdosta GA

bseckel

no it sounds like you got it covered. Just go out and have fun. you will love the place.

DALEQUAD

Quote from: vdubspeed on March 09, 2010, 08:42:41 PM
Going to bring my 05 Honda 450r there Friday. Lookin mainly to hit the trail and perhaps the MX track.

No care for mud...sorry 4X4 guys :-[

Anyway...got a helmet, goggles, gloves, boots and some long pants. Do I need any other gear?

Anything a newbie should know?

Thanks,

Jason from Valdosta GA

bring something to drink, i know it sound kinda basic but just a thought, and maybe a change of clothes cuz from what i hear, there is still some water spots on the trails, and unless you want to ride home in some nasty clothes, just thinking out loud.... have fun,

actually there are races there this weekend, just saw the post
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,41719.0.html
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

vdubspeed

thanks.

txt'd a friend to see if he wanted to come. He said motoplex checks paperwork and numbers on frames? ???

I bought my 450r last year from a gentlemen in Lake City FL with a title. When I tried to title it in GA the DMV laughed at me. They said it needed turn signals etc and insurance plus a cop would have to certifiy it as street legal. Needless to say...that didn't happen.

I have the title signed by the old owner.

Is this sufficient or do they even check at all anyway?

Thanks,

Jason

vdubspeed

Quote from: DALEQUAD on March 09, 2010, 09:13:39 PM,

actually there are races there this weekend, just saw the post
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,41719.0.html

actually I'm going on Friday. Races are on Sat/Sun according to that weblink.

duroc825

No paperwork required at the Plex. Just show up and have fun with no BS rules!

Paul_S

We are a private area and all you need to ride here is a pulse lol.

We do not check numbers or titles or anything like that.

Also the races are canceled, the SSQSA has decided not to hold anymore races this year. I had better go change the site  :o

You guys will have a good time, due to recent flooding, many of our usually dry trails are submerged, but we still have tons of dry trails. Our tracks are open and dry too.

Dixie Normous

When ya go....just plan on having a good time, you won't get bored! ;)
09 Camo TRX500 Foreman
2" Perfex Long Travel Lift Kit
HomeDepot Snorkel
28" Outlaws
HMF Utility Exhaust
Dyno Jet Kit

DALEQUAD

Quote from: Paul_S on March 09, 2010, 09:30:06 PM
We are a private area and all you need to ride here is a pulse lol.

We do not check numbers or titles or anything like that.

Also the races are canceled, the SSQSA has decided not to hold anymore races this year. I had better go change the site  :o

You guys will have a good time, due to recent flooding, many of our usually dry trails are submerged, but we still have tons of dry trails. Our tracks are open and dry too.


and sometimes you dont even need that..... just ask Mike H    ;D ;D
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

vdubspeed

DAMN IT ALL.

Just when I get a free day to go ride...it rains >:(

Paul_S

Quote from: vdubspeed on March 11, 2010, 11:22:39 AM
DAMN IT ALL.

Just when I get a free day to go ride...it rains >:(

I'm going down there in a few to check the rain damage to the track etc., hopefully it won't effect this weekend too much. I will post something up later.

vdubspeed

well I'd love to come ride! Please let me know. I'll deal with a couple puddles but if it's 4X4 time...I'll stay here and get prepped for the car show on Sat.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com