Durhamtown Plantation

Started by Durhamtown, August 24, 2009, 03:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shogun323

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Durhamtown

Quote from: cd4mud on August 27, 2009, 03:12:49 PM
I just wished they would lower the prices down or sell a family day passes. Evertime I go it is $90 a day to ride or $120 for two days and that hurts in these rough times.

I understand where you are coming from. (trust me) The reason he (Mike-owner) won't budge on the price is because he went 8 years without changing the rate. He has only changed it once. I will talk to him about doing a family rate and see where I get. I think that is a good idea. I just have to hear his thoughts on it and get back to you.

Lauren
Lauren Clifton
Durhamtown Plantation
Assistant Operations/Race Coordinator
706-486-4603
durhamtown.com

AintSkeered

#27
Compare DP's rates to a trip to DisneyWorld;
http://www.orlandoticketsales.com/oi/Walt_Disney_World_C65.cfm?s_kwcid=disneyworld|2092427624

Disney's 2-3x the cost of DP for any/everything!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Durhamtown

 The reason all of these resorts cost so much is because it takes a lot of money to run them. I didn't realize exactly how much until I was put into my position. Everything has to be considered when you are breaking down cost. I can't say that Mike will create a family package, all I can do is voice your concerns. Ultimately he makes all of the decisions.


Thanks,
Lauren
Lauren Clifton
Durhamtown Plantation
Assistant Operations/Race Coordinator
706-486-4603
durhamtown.com

Andy9933

That dog never missed a meal at our cabin,kinda sad that he is gone, I think the prices are real fair. Where can you go and have all that in one place,roll out of bed and go riding all day long. The trip we took kinda sucked cause it rained the whole time but we all still had fun

[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

Durhamtown

I don't know if he died or ran away. I haven't seen him around lately. Sorry you miss lil "dogote". I kinda do too.

It looks like you had fun!!! That is a great pic! You should email it to me so I can get it posted to our website.


Lauren
Lauren Clifton
Durhamtown Plantation
Assistant Operations/Race Coordinator
706-486-4603
durhamtown.com

stacktester

It does take a lot to get to DTP. I live in Jax and we go up every year the day after Christmas. Just booked a cabin yesterday as a matter of fact. I have a toy hauler but to me it's cheaper to just throw the bikes on a trailer and rent a cabin, plus I don't have to clean the camper when I get back. The prices for 3 days are like what? $55 for 3 days? I don't care what anybody says, Mike has a good place up there and we've always had a good time. He doesn't gouge you on food and CAT 55 is free entertainment.

My only wish is that it was closer. It's 5 hours for us. I'm looking forward to the trip this year.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

apkkfx400

5 hrs??  you're fortunate. Our drive loaded down from Orlando is approx 8-9hrs.  Been about a half dozen times and look forward to every trip back.  The trip there is not too bad.  The sore trip back is not so great. 


shogun323

Quote from: Andy9933 on August 27, 2009, 07:03:31 PM
That dog never missed a meal at our cabin,kinda sad that he is gone, I think the prices are real fair. Where can you go and have all that in one place,roll out of bed and go riding all day long. The trip we took kinda sucked cause it rained the whole time but we all still had fun


True true. It was a mudfest!!!! But well worth it!!!!



"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Durhamtown

You all really have some great pics. Im glad you had fun even though it was rainy.  It's not raining now!!!
Lauren Clifton
Durhamtown Plantation
Assistant Operations/Race Coordinator
706-486-4603
durhamtown.com

stacktester

Last Christmas was so wet. I bet Mike lost a few tandem loads of DP on bikes leaving. The 2 wheelers were really having it tough. I had to pick a bike up for a girl whe fell in front of us.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

bseckel



[/quote]

True true. It was a mudfest!!!! But well worth it!!!!




[/quote]

Hey look its me on the Mud covered red Honda with the red rings on the wheels.

Durhamtown

Yea I can totally tell. lol Next time you decide to visit you are going to have to cover yourself in mud so I will recognize you!!!  :P
Lauren Clifton
Durhamtown Plantation
Assistant Operations/Race Coordinator
706-486-4603
durhamtown.com

SpeedQuest

We are bringing a group of 10-12 up for Labor Day.  See you there!

T2

Hey Speedquest were are you guys staying at? Myself and family are staying at the Brown roof Inn should be getting there Thurs nite
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Durhamtown

I will see you guys Saturday. I won't be there Thurs or Fri!! Tell the girls at the counter I said to treat you right!!  ;D

Thanks,
Lauren
Lauren Clifton
Durhamtown Plantation
Assistant Operations/Race Coordinator
706-486-4603
durhamtown.com

SpeedQuest

Quote from: T2 on September 02, 2009, 10:17:32 PM
Hey Speedquest were are you guys staying at? Myself and family are staying at the Brown roof Inn should be getting there Thurs nite

We will be staying in our RV on site.  We get in late Friday night if the 8 hour drive up goes well. 

apksh0rty

I'll be up there Nov 6-9, staying in the Brown Roof Inn also. Its also 8-9 hrs from me!

SpeedQuest

Durhamtown was awesome.  The staff was helpful, the trails were incredible and the whole place was very well organized.  Rode all day Saturday and did the Poker Run.  Won lots of prizes and paid for itself many times over.

Sunday we took advantage of the skeet range, then went down to the rifle range and sighted in the new SiG 556.  Went fishing later in the day and relaxed.

Next up on the schedule is the RaptorRally Nov. 6th-8th at the MotoPlex!

Durhamtown

I am so glad you had a great time. Thanks for the feedback!!

Lauren
Lauren Clifton
Durhamtown Plantation
Assistant Operations/Race Coordinator
706-486-4603
durhamtown.com

shogun323

Dear Lauren,

Please make it stop raining up there so I can come up this weekend and enjoy my birthday.

Thanks,

Wade
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Durhamtown

Dear Wade,

I will do what I can!! I will just turn the switch to the off position! Its been raining so you won't have to deal with the dust!

I told you not to bring the rain with you when you came!!!! :P

Lauren
Lauren Clifton
Durhamtown Plantation
Assistant Operations/Race Coordinator
706-486-4603
durhamtown.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com