Rhino wont come out of 4 x 4

Started by Mudneck, August 18, 2009, 01:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudneck

It wont come out of 4 x 4. I  am guessing its the actuator? Think that would be covered under the extended warranty? Any thoughts?
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

shawnley1222

im sure there is a fuse around somehwere it may be blown worth a try looking for.  but not too sure on any other suggestion
07 Rhino With Lots Of Goodies!

FL SxS Riders
[url="http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/"]http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/[/url]

AintSkeered

#2
My guess would be that you've checked fuses and you can test the switch with a volt meter. Otherwise, the front differential servo motor is the issue. I'm told that would be covered under Yamaha's Y.E.S. warranty, but, don't know if those aftermarket warranties would cover it.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

dannyboy

I think I remember a post just like this not to long ago.  I think the connector came loose and feel off the 4x4 actuator check that, it might just need plugged back in.
07 RHINO, submarine snorkels, douglas rattlesnakes, 28 Zillas, LRD torc, uni filter, hunterworks cdi, hl 2" lift, hl radiator on the role cage, brp gages.
03 400EX to much to list.

Mudneck

Thanks I m going to check it out this evening.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Mudneck

Thanks Taint. I took it to the dealer for the spacer & sway bar recall. They will test it. It wasnt all full of mud or sand, It made a more defined noise than ever before. He said if it isnt a dirty connection its inside the actuator which is sealed.It didnt disengage for 2 days around house & when I unloaded it @ dealer it came out of it for a moment & stuck back in when they depressed button. So if thats the case they will RR under warranty.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

AintSkeered

#7
You didn't show that dealer this video of you, did you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2kVXaGpfPk
Add the cost of the part/labor and you prolly justified the cost of getting that Rhino warranty!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Mudneck

Did you notice I let Keeter drive it.  ::)
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Mudneck

Turned out to be a bad relay. Will see if the warranty picks it up tomorrow. Cant wait to see how it rides with spacers & removal of the sway bar.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

shawnley1222

I have spacers all they way around, 2" rear and 1" front, had them long before this safety option BS and sway bar has been gone a long time also I like it better because got more articulation with it gone and just as much stability if not more with the spacers.  but like everyting its all on opinon/prefernce
07 Rhino With Lots Of Goodies!

FL SxS Riders
[url="http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/"]http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/[/url]

Keeter

Quote from: bushwacker on August 19, 2009, 11:29:33 PM
Did you notice I let Keeter drive it.  ::)

Yep, and I spilled the beer everywhere. Then some a-hole filled it with dirt.  Ha Ha.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

bwfish

removed my swaybar before we went to Tn last march. would not put it back. Wish i would have left spacers off. now have to replace the rear studs to remove the spacers
2009 Rhino SE 700 14" ITP w/27"mudlites
2009 rzr
2007 transformer4
2009 Polaris Ranger 500
2003 kaw 250 Bayou
2009 Kaw 50

shawnley1222

Quote from: bwfish on September 08, 2009, 11:49:17 PM
removed my swaybar before we went to Tn last march. would not put it back. Wish i would have left spacers off. now have to replace the rear studs to remove the spacers

Just leave them on I have spacers on all 4 corners.  Thats what the flares and splash guards are for
07 Rhino With Lots Of Goodies!

FL SxS Riders
[url="http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/"]http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/[/url]

m0n0x1d3

Glad you found the problem. I was told mine had somehow came unplugged and thats why it wouldnt come out of 4x4.

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: AintSkeered on August 19, 2009, 07:37:30 PM
You didn't show that dealer this video of you, did you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2kVXaGpfPk
Add the cost of the part/labor and you prolly justified the cost of getting that Rhino warranty!

I wonder if his leg was ok?  He stuck it out as if to stop it, then it came down.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.