Warrior Parking Brake block off

Started by Yamahonda41, May 05, 2005, 11:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamahonda41

My parking brake has never worked since I had the 2000 Warrior.  I decided to buy a block off plate and remove the assembly and cable.  

Problem is now there is a RPM limit switch so you cant rev if the parking brake is set.  Anyone have a good solution to eliminating the switch?  The clutch perch is made such that you cant just remove the switch.  I think I may have a problem as it started ok for a few minutes but now I cant get it started.

Any help appreciated.

2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

gery350

i dont know but its basicly a contact switch. so its either open or closed circuit. i'd check it with an ohm meter and then either bypass or leave it open.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

#2
Just unplug the switch where it connects to the harness. Follow the wire it is just under the hood. You can probably get it from the top if you pull the wires up a little. After you unplug it the problem will go away.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Yamahonda41

Thanks guys I will take a look.  
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe