Croom open 1/19/09

Started by KFX400 NPR, January 19, 2009, 03:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KFX400 NPR

Hey guys i need to get a sticker and was wondering if anyone knows if croom is iopen today I tried calling but just get the recording

Thanks

TRX450R_Racer

They are open 365 days a year.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

KFX400 NPR

So if i go up in a few hours there will be someone to get a sticker from at the gate?

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Turboderf

someone  should be there from 8:00 - 5:00

z400250

try calling 352 754-6777
but there should be someone there and if not don't worry about the sticker cause there wouldn't be anyone to bust you without it!!
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]www.tampabayridindirty.com[/url]

Kevin83

"Permits will be issued for two wheel cycles and 3 and 4 wheel ATVs. ATVs must meet the following requirements:
a)  Wheel base of less than 55 inches.
b)  Width of less than 45 inches.
c)  Total vehicle weight less than 500 Ibs.
d)  Travel on 3 or 4 low pressure tires.
e)  Has a seat that is designed to be straddled by the operator."

That is a copy/paste from this site http://www.floridatrailriders.org/articles/croom.htm

I have a suzuki kingquad 750, it weighs 601lbs, and a width of 47.6 inches, are they serious about this or is that mainly for people making stuff and calling it an ATV?

SpeedQuest

I don't think they are THAT serious about it.  But if you find a few of those tree that are 45-1/2" apart, you may live to regret it!

Kevin83

#8
awesome, I went up there, and tried to get a sticker, they said it was $40 right now, but that only goes until june? then you have to buy another in june, so I will just wait until june and buy one for the whole year, the guy said it's $60, I had my 4 wheeler on the trailer and he didnt say anything about the weight or dimensions of it, I assume it's just to keep people from bringing their "ho-made" stuff out there.  I would have went ahead and bought the $40 decal then just so I could ride that day, but I didnt have a helmet, nor do I now, so I have to find one by july, and that sucks to wear a helmet in the intense heat here in florida, especially that far inland..... but rules are rules, they set em, we gotta obey them. 

*also, sorry for the threadjack, but I assumed you were done with the thread, dont mean to make anyone mad especially with my first few posts

SpeedQuest

Quote from: Kevin83 on March 05, 2009, 01:44:05 PM
but I didnt have a helmet, nor do I now, so I have to find one by july, and that sucks to wear a helmet in the intense heat here in florida, especially that far inland

LOL!  What sucks is not wearing a helmet and then developing an acute hole or crack in your head through which most of your blood leaks out.  All of a sudden, the intense heat in Florida seems insignificant.