ITP 589 vs Maxxis Mudzillas

Started by IXIswamperIXI, January 14, 2009, 02:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

I am wondering if anyone on here has an opinion of these two tires.  Of coarse I am just talking about how they went in the mud.  My brother has brand new set of Maxxis Mudzillas and ITP rims which are to big for his Honda.  So I was thinking about trading my 589s for his Mudzillas on my RZR.  So what do you guys think?
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

bocephus300

Well to start the tires are completely different.. the 589 being a more all around/ mud tire.. imo the mudzilla is alot more toward the mud riding, they dont ride that bad. however, the mudzilas are a pretty heavy tire. I would not buy these tires new but, i would trade for them... what size are they?
2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: bocephus300 on January 14, 2009, 09:04:55 PM
Well to start the tires are completely different.. the 589 being a more all around/ mud tire.. imo the mudzilla is alot more toward the mud riding, they dont ride that bad. however, the mudzilas are a pretty heavy tire. I would not buy these tires new but, i would trade for them... what size are they?

They are 27's I kinda thought they were heavy.  I don't think there would be a problem turning them with the 800 but it might be hard on a stock clutch. 
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Chevy1500z71

mudzillas are alot heaver than 589s. they are a much meatier tire imo. iv never owned any or riden anything with them so i cant say anything about peformance.

Gato

#4
2 buddies have the mudzillas on a foreman 500 (27) and can-am800 (30) and they ride great but in hard pack or a trail they are BuPpY as hell. But you are trading not buying right?
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

bocephus300

my buddy i ride with every weekend has 27-12's on a 660 rhino and they bogg that thing down...  but like you said you have a 800.  my other friend has them on a outlander 800 also. if you ride mud get them.
2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws

MadMudder

Allot of mud riding.. Yeah they are amazing and second only to the outlaw... A 800 will turn them np and clutch kits arent bad but only a 27 shouldnt be bad. My dads had 27s on his polaris and he can spin his mud tires like 6k rpms in mud no problem.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

IXIswamperIXI

Thanks for the replies!!! Sorry it took so long I just had one of my employees walk out on me  :(  Anyway, it is just a trade and possibly some money.  Thats crazy that they could bog down a 660.  I think for all around I might stay with the 589  :)
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Da_Mtg_Man

I had 27 mudzillas on a King Quad and it turned them fine. I never had a problem with the stock clutch either. With independant suspension you won't notice much of a bumpy ride at all. Only below 5 mph. Do the deal.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

IXIswamperIXI

My brother is still thinking about it so I will have to wait and see.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com