10 hour endurance race

Started by duroc825, November 27, 2008, 02:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duroc825

Theres talk of one at the Motoplex. Not set in stone and no details yet. Any interest?

Jacob Fort


svtbolt04

Yes. I would love to go! Need details though!
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Paul_S

Quote from: svtbolt04 on November 27, 2008, 08:07:48 PM
Yes. I would love to go! Need details though!

Gonna be at the plex

10 hours. Teams of 1-4. You can have as many bikes as you have team members.

Working on sponsorship to boost the purse I will be putting up.

Will be classes.

Bounty rrize if a team beats my Team Motoplex.

I have pencilled in the weekend 14th and 15th of Feb.

Not sure which day or whether to have it through the night as well or instead.

Seeking opinions.

Will advertise this race extensively.

jds450r

im game!!! keep me posted as to what the deal is.
JDS

Jacob Fort

#5
racing in the night sounds sweet, how would you score it to make it fair for those solo racers racing against the teams?

edit: you should find out the mileage you would want so it could be something like the Motoplex 500 or something.. sounds cool.

Paul_S

Quote from: Jacob Fort on November 27, 2008, 09:53:57 PM
racing in the night sounds sweet, how would you score it to make it fair for those solo racers racing against the teams?

edit: you should find out the mileage you would want so it could be something like the Motoplex 500 or something.. sounds cool.

We just did a 11 mile ssqsa xc race. Laps were taking 20~ minutes for the fast guys. 10 hours would be 330 miles. Probably average out to about 300 miles.

svtbolt04

#7
Sounds awesome! I will be contacting some people to do it.


Wait a second... This open to bikes also?
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

duroc825

Hmm? beat the Motoplex team huh? Your temptin me to skip the Gatorback race Paul  ;). This could turn into somethin big!

Paul_S

Quote from: duroc825 on November 28, 2008, 09:02:00 AM
Hmm? beat the Motoplex team huh? Your temptin me to skip the Gatorback race Paul  ;). This could turn into somethin big!

Not skip Mike, this a great warm up for Gatorback (as long as you think your bike can run for 2-1/2 hours without breaking down  ;))

Nobody is going to beat my team.  :P

duroc825

Quote from: Paul_S on November 28, 2008, 09:34:10 AM
Quote from: duroc825 on November 28, 2008, 09:02:00 AM
Hmm? beat the Motoplex team huh? Your temptin me to skip the Gatorback race Paul  ;). This could turn into somethin big!

Not skip Mike, this a great warm up for Gatorback (as long as you think your bike can run for 2-1/2 hours without breaking down  ;))

Nobody is going to beat my team.  :P

Warm up or wear out? Not the bike I'm worried about it's the BODY!  ;D

Paul_S

Quote from: duroc825 on November 28, 2008, 10:17:22 AM
Quote from: Paul_S on November 28, 2008, 09:34:10 AM
Quote from: duroc825 on November 28, 2008, 09:02:00 AM
Hmm? beat the Motoplex team huh? Your temptin me to skip the Gatorback race Paul  ;). This could turn into somethin big!

Not skip Mike, this a great warm up for Gatorback (as long as you think your bike can run for 2-1/2 hours without breaking down  ;))

Nobody is going to beat my team.  :P

Warm up or wear out? Not the bike I'm worried about it's the BODY!  ;D

LOL, get Chillin on your team, let him Ironman the first 8 hours and then you guys can play clean up.

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Paul_S

Quote from: svtbolt04 on November 28, 2008, 01:01:58 PM
Dirt bikes allowed to ride?

Sure. I bet we end up with quite a few dirt bikes.

Jacob Fort

please post the hours of the races as soon as possible so that way i can buy some extra lights if some of it is going to be in the night. I would like to see a 50/50 split between night and day.

Paul_S

Quote from: Jacob Fort on November 28, 2008, 05:53:17 PM
please post the hours of the races as soon as possible so that way i can buy some extra lights if some of it is going to be in the night. I would like to see a 50/50 split between night and day.

Jacob, I don't think we will run it at night. It would be really cool, but unfair on the dirt bikes.

Let's shoot for a daytime one in Feb. If it's successful we could go for a all-nighter later in the year.

svtbolt04

You got me interested!

Cant wait to see the classes.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Jacob Fort

Quote from: Paul_S on November 28, 2008, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: Jacob Fort on November 28, 2008, 05:53:17 PM
please post the hours of the races as soon as possible so that way i can buy some extra lights if some of it is going to be in the night. I would like to see a 50/50 split between night and day.

Jacob, I don't think we will run it at night. It would be really cool, but unfair on the dirt bikes.

Let's shoot for a daytime one in Feb. If it's successful we could go for a all-nighter later in the year.

sounds good just keep us posted on any details. Thanks

slam1

I dont know if you have gotten deep into the planning stages but I would like to know if teams can run a machine per team member or one machine to a team?
Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
[url="http://www.thesportslift.com"]http://www.thesportslift.com[/url]

Paul_S

#19
Quote from: slam1 on December 02, 2008, 10:55:19 PM
I dont know if you have gotten deep into the planning stages but I would like to know if teams can run a machine per team member or one machine to a team?

We are getting deep in the planning.

A team will be able to run as many bikes as there are members of the team.

I am pretty sure that this is going to be the classes.

Dirt Bike
Open
Intermediate
Vet 35+

Sport ATV
Open
Intermediate
vet 35+

Misc Class
Women
UTE under 500cc
UTE over 500cc
Ironman
Side by Side

svtbolt04

Paul, I think you should add an Iron wo/man class for the quads. I don't think I would do it by myself, but I will be up there either with a team or not. I will be riding Intermediate Dirt bike.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Paul_S

Quote from: svtbolt04 on December 03, 2008, 02:09:05 AM
Paul, I think you should add an Iron wo/man class for the quads. I don't think I would do it by myself, but I will be up there either with a team or not. I will be riding Intermediate Dirt bike.

You are right Fred.

I actually thought had ironman in there.  :o

ScooterB

Quote from: Paul_S on November 28, 2008, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: Jacob Fort on November 28, 2008, 05:53:17 PM
please post the hours of the races as soon as possible so that way i can buy some extra lights if some of it is going to be in the night. I would like to see a 50/50 split between night and day.

Jacob, I don't think we will run it at night. It would be really cool, but unfair on the dirt bikes.

Let's shoot for a daytime one in Feb. If it's successful we could go for a all-nighter later in the year.

Paul, they do a 24 hour bike race at Perry Mountain each year.....

http://www.24hourchallenge.com/Site/24_Hour_Challenge.html
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

YFZ450-Tampa

How many riders per team is the max ? and how many miles will the track be ?
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Paul_S

Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on December 03, 2008, 09:03:42 PM
How many riders per team is the max ? and how many miles will the track be ?

Max 4 riders per team.

Flyer for the event will be finished and posted tomorrow.

Not sure on mileage. I have a lot of trails I can tie together to make the loop. A lot of it will depend on if the property is wet or dry at the time. I won't run you guys through anything too muddy. I will leave the course until a week or so before the race, but probably in the 12-15 mile range.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com