Can you post pics of your tires PLEASE???

Started by bhsballer76, November 01, 2008, 11:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhsballer76

i just bought a yfz 450 and am going to be buying new rear tires for it.. if you guys can post pics of your tires and what size they are that would help me decide which ones i want...

i cant decide between
1.20x10-9
2.18x10-9
3.20x11-9


Please help..i need to order them SOON..Thanks alot..

4fittyr

DEPENDS ON RIDING/RACING  GOOD ALL AROUND IS THE RAZR 20 11 9  ONLY ON A 9X9 RIM  NOT A 9X8 STOCKER SORRY NO PIC BUT IT SQUARES EM OUT INSTEAD OF PINCHEM ON THE 8  HOLESHOTS R GOOD ALSO
if u can't be good be good at it

bhsballer76

mostly open sandy feilds....has some whoops and berms too...

dannyboy

Go with holeshot mxr6 18's in the rear and 20's in the front.  They hook up great and slide through turns awesome plus they look cool.  They will lower the bike and make it sit flatter and more stable in turns.  They will change your gearing though (you will lose top end), if your running a yfz450 you might want to look at changing your front sprocket i think go up one tooth from stock but I'm not sure i dont own a yfz.
07 RHINO, submarine snorkels, douglas rattlesnakes, 28 Zillas, LRD torc, uni filter, hunterworks cdi, hl 2" lift, hl radiator on the role cage, brp gages.
03 400EX to much to list.

TRX450R_Racer

If you're going to be doing MX I would get the 18". If you are just trail riding get the 20".
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

wheelie_boy

Dunno if these are the pics you are looking for, but here are some 20x10x9



05 kx 250f

MadMudder

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Busta Nutt


bhsballer76

Quote from: wheelie_boy on November 02, 2008, 02:27:02 PM
Dunno if these are the pics you are looking for, but here are some 20x10x9






yea, thats exactly what i was looking  for. Thanks.. would you happen to have any rear shots?? I can only find the 20x11-9 for some reason..

bhsballer76

how woudl the 18x10x9 be with a 21x7x10 front????

klutchbuster400

Thats fine. My mx bike has 21 front 18 rear. Want a picture?

klutchbuster400


A 21" front tire will make your rear lower then a 20, which is always good. But I think I'm gonna go with a 20" next time.
Btw, the tires are Kenda Klaws. I've had them for over two years and they look brand new still. Holeshots last about 4 months.

bhsballer76

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on November 02, 2008, 07:52:55 PM

A 21" front tire will make your rear lower then a 20, which is always good. But I think I'm gonna go with a 20" next time.
Btw, the tires are Kenda Klaws. I've had them for over two years and they look brand new still. Holeshots last about 4 months.

thanks alot.. would you happen to have pics from the rear?? That would be great..

klutchbuster400

My bike is torn to heck, but here is the rear.

Anoriginal

Hey Klutchbuster, great looking bike buddy!! 

:ThumbsUp.gif
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

klutchbuster400

Thank you sir, its been good to me over the years ;)

klutchbuster400

#16
Here's an old shot of the fronts

20"kenda klaws on hiper rims.
My 03 Z side shot

Here's a close up of the rears sitting on 9inch itp rims.

The fronts are 19's, the rears are 18". The tires are holeshots.
My nieghbors old yz. The fronts are 20", rears are 18" Holeshot tires.

I've owned razr, holeshot, and kendas, and I find the best one is Kenda.

If you need something specific let me know. I'll be working around my garage all day so i dont mind taking some pics for ya.

bhsballer76

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on November 03, 2008, 11:28:20 AM
Here's an old shot of the fronts

20"kenda klaws on hiper rims.
My 03 Z side shot

Here's a close up of the rears sitting on 9inch itp rims.

The fronts are 19's, the rears are 18". The tires are holeshots.
My nieghbors old yz. The fronts are 20", rears are 18" Holeshot tires.

I've owned razr, holeshot, and kendas, and I find the best one is Kenda.

If you need something specific let me know. I'll be working around my garage all day so i dont mind taking some pics for ya.



yea... any chance of a behind shot on the first quad with the kenda 20's?? Are the kendas 10 or 11 inch wide??

How do you think the 18's will perform in sandy conditions???

Thanks for all the pics...big help..

klutchbuster400

Here are the 18" rear kendas. they are 10.5 inches wide.


18's will get you from point A to point B in sugar sand, but you need to keep up your momentum. I would go with some 20's for sugar sand.

bhsballer76

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on November 03, 2008, 12:56:18 PM
Here are the 18" rear kendas. they are 10.5 inches wide.


18's will get you from point A to point B in sugar sand, but you need to keep up your momentum. I would go with some 20's for sugar sand.

awesome... great help... i guess ill be going with the 20's.. thanks again..

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com