Will 2007 ltr450 front shocks fit on a 2003 ltz400?

Started by quadracer1992, June 13, 2008, 09:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quadracer1992

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

quadracer1992

Not much help there it seems they are having site problems or something because it wont let me log in.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

quadracer1992

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

quadracer1992

That place is a bunch of jokers. Doesnt anyone know?
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

Yes they will fit! You may have to use some washers on the top shock mount I believe. May be the bottom I can't remember. But I know a ton of people that have done it, and they work great. Although it will be a bit stiff on a z400. They Lt-r450 shocks come valved from the factory stiffer than the Z400 shocks because of the wider stance of the LTR. It will be a huge difference over those crappy 03 z400 pogo stick shocks. You may want to look into sending your shocks out to GT Thunder once you get them to get valved and sprung for your weight and riding style. It is a lot cheaper than buying Elka, Axis, or Fox shocks and give you about the same ride. Goodluck!



I also wanted to state for future reference that the rear shock of an LT-R will not fit on a Z400, nor will a 450r or YFZ. A lot of people wonder that.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

quadracer1992

Thanks! In fact I already have Elkas on the front of my Z400, the only reason I am wanting stock shocks is because if I buy stocks for cheap and sell the Elkas, I can then send the stocks out to Gt Thunder for free or practically nothing. My Elkas are set for a rider about 50 pounds more than I weigh, so they dont do me any good.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

Ah I gotcha brother! So either way then they are too stiff for ya. Laz at GT Thunder is a great guy.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

quadracer1992

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com