indestructible cell phones

Started by mikeE36, June 06, 2008, 06:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeE36

after breaking my 12th phone i decided to by one thats "indestructible" What providers offer them? I have cingular and would like to stick with them.

gearhead400

hahah, i have a nextel i560 and it is seriously indestructible. I have hurled this thing at so many walls, launched it as far as i could in a parking lot, dropped it so many times its impossible to count and got it wet a couple of times and managed to dry it out. oh and i left it on the back of my truck one day noticed it at 60mph right before it fell off.  :D
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

GrizzlyGator


JackL

My Nokia 2865i has been to the bottom of a ten foot pool and dropped from thirty or more feet many times with no problems except for some scratches. I had an Nextel I700 that was pretty tough as well, but not as strong as this one.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Chillinthemost

Quote from: gearhead400 on June 06, 2008, 09:30:00 AM
hahah, i have a nextel i560 and it is seriously indestructible. I have hurled this thing at so many walls, launched it as far as i could in a parking lot, dropped it so many times its impossible to count and got it wet a couple of times and managed to dry it out. oh and i left it on the back of my truck one day noticed it at 60mph right before it fell off.  :D
Nextel phones have to be tough to servive pizzed off customers trying to make a call.

When I switched away from nextel my new provider did not offer any "tough" phones but the one I have now has never given me any reason to throw it.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

bbf

i have the nextel i580 and i have replace it 7 times in the past year its time for a new phone

JackL

Once I was talking on the radio on my I700 on a really bumpy gravel road and it flew out of my hand at 60 MPH. Took my twenty minutes to find it in the bushes...lol

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

94Hardbody4x4

#7
I had some cheezy motorola flip phone (not the razor) that would never die. It was litteerally taped together and never once had a problem everything always worked. I even had a nail and paperclip as the antenna and it always had a signal, lol. Ended up losing it.

This was it and I had At&t as well....
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Cory1020

i have a verizon "gzone" and its purty darn good. i know a handfull of ppl that have had them in pools with no problem. ive had it soaked and no problems. threw it, ran it over with  the 4 wheeler (accident lol) and no problems
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

Fox17

i had a old lg coudnt tlee you the model but it will not die!. i keep it as backup in case i break mine now. it had been through 6 years of use (i always break my new one within 3 months). i have dropped it, soaked it, burried it in sand riding, you name it, it has gone through it.

backwoods boy

sprint has good phones i have att and it sucks ive had atleast 8-10 phones in 2 years
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

mikeE36

Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on June 06, 2008, 01:14:56 PM
I had some cheezy motorola flip phone (not the razor) that would never die. It was litteerally taped together and never once had a problem everything always worked. I even had a nail and paperclip as the antenna and it always had a signal, lol. Ended up losing it.

This was it and I had At&t as well....


broke that one. three times actually lol

mikeE36

verizon had tough phones now i think

foreman1

Quote from: Chillinthemost on June 06, 2008, 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: gearhead400 on June 06, 2008, 09:30:00 AM
hahah, i have a nextel i560 and it is seriously indestructible. I have hurled this thing at so many walls, launched it as far as i could in a parking lot, dropped it so many times its impossible to count and got it wet a couple of times and managed to dry it out. oh and i left it on the back of my truck one day noticed it at 60mph right before it fell off.  :D
Nextel phones have to be tough to servive pizzed off customers trying to make a call.

When I switched away from nextel my new provider did not offer any "tough" phones but the one I have now has never given me any reason to throw it.

Very good point made by Chillin with regards to the quality of service.

Our work phones ( over 1000 + in the state of Fla) are Motorola I355 one piece (non-flip) phones with Nextel as the service provider.  I ,as well as many others  have personally thrown our phones while being some 30ft  in air from a  bucket truck after repeated service failures , work issues and so on.The phones typicaly exploded into its components on many occasions and as result the  battery , sims card , antenna etc all go in different directions.
Simply put it back together and it turns on every time , no other has ever done that!

Last year I lost it during a thunderstorm while running to the truck .After the storm/flood i tried to find it , but w/ all the standing water I was unable to locate it . Returned the next morning to the job site and found it in about a foot of water. Shook all the water out and would not turn on , so I placed on the dash and turned the heater vent on while driving around . 3 hours later , damn thing sounded off the familiar beep sound when it locks into signal.

Its bulky , but it is by far the toughest phone we have ever used.
With the exception of fire ,not ,much will ruin it IMO.


NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Andy9933

I ran a nextel "brick" over with a bob cat and it still worked
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

k.p.

i have a verizon g-z one and its pretty rugged.
it can go in water for 30 minutes and it can take pics/vids underwater
and ive just pitched it at the ground to see if it would break and it didnt so ima have to say its pretty durable lol

it was pretty cheap from what i remember too. only drawback is its ugly as hell

Cory1020

Quote from: k.p. on June 08, 2008, 01:32:51 AM
i have a verizon g-z one and its pretty rugged.
it can go in water for 30 minutes and it can take pics/vids underwater
and ive just pitched it at the ground to see if it would break and it didnt so ima have to say its pretty durable lol

it was pretty cheap from what i remember too. only drawback is its ugly as hell
ya i think i paid 70 for mine (plus 2 yr contract)
and 2nd that it is one helluve ugly phone
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com