porcupine vs. pit bull OUCH!!!!!

Started by Muddbuggy, April 30, 2008, 05:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj_pizzim

07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

digginfool

Let's see; what is the full name?  Oh yeah, I remember.  Pit Bull Terrier.  Even if it is a bull terrier (I'm not the one who made the title and you can hardly tell through all the quills), it certainly isn't the type of behavior one should applaud.  It also doesn't change the facts when it comes to pit bulls.  For what it's worth, the Staffordshire and Bull Terrier share the same type of reputation in Europe as the Pit Bull has here, and for good reason; they are all from the same basic background.  The Bull Terrier and all other Bulldog/Terrier mixes are outlawed in at least a half-dozen European countries for the known visciousness of the breeds. 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

MudMan

All dogs come from the same background at some point in the genetic tree.....great argument there.  And as for Europe.....home of the French and the land where they don't put ice in their drinks.....no further comment necessary lol

p.s. I think I'm going to buy you a kitten for your birthday.....when is it ?
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

JackL

One thing is for sure, you usually need more than one shot to get them to let go.


GRAYSON CO., TX -- A teenager is in serious condition following a pit bull attack. Her boyfriend told first responders he had to shoot the dog about five times before it released its grip on the girl.

First responders say it happened at a home in the 8100 block of FM 697 near Whitewright. They say a pit bull lunged and attacked a 16-year-old girl at her boyfriend's house.

Her boyfriend had to shoot the gun multiple times before the dog released its grip and died. The girl was flown to a Dallas hospital with injuries on her face and arm.

"This was an adult dog that was given to them by a friend," says James Dixon, assistant Tom Bean fire chief. "They didn't have any history on the dog or its previous circumstance so they didn't know much about it at the time."

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

MudMan

........One great news story deserves another........


MIRAMAR, Fla. -- A Miramar woman was rushed to the hospital Tuesday morning in serious condition after her son's German shepherd attacked her.

The woman's son, claiming his dog attacked his mother, called Miramar fire-rescue to 14599 Brim Road, said Chief Bill Huff.

Because of the nature of her injuries, paramedics decided to transport the woman as a trauma alert to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood.

According to Miramar police, the dog arrived a week ago from Germany, where her son had purchased it.

Josue Llorente, 40, was walking the dog on a leash in the front yard at about 9 a.m. His mother, Fidelina Llorente, 67, was taking the garbage to the curb and walking back to the house when the dog lunged at her, knocking her to the ground. The German shepherd bit her am and neck before her son was able to subdue the dog.

Police said the dog was up to date on its shots.

"It's up to the owner to determine what he's going to do with the dog," said Miramar police spokesman Bill Robertson.
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

JackL

I do notice that one guy was able to subdue the animal without a firearm.

I wish I could find the story about the woman who was eaten by her beloved Pitbulls (in front of her kids no less) she had raised from pups.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

MudMan

Quote from: JackL on May 02, 2008, 09:33:34 AM
I do notice that one guy was able to subdue the animal without a firearm.

I wish I could find the story about the woman who was eaten by her beloved Pitbulls (in front of her kids no less) she had raised from pups.



We could trade news stories all day..... :K :banghead.gif

....POINTLESS....
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

digginfool

It's not pointless at all.  You call it pointless because you don't want to see the facts.  You want to base your beliefs on the emotions you project upon your pet; your interpretation of the wag of your dog's tail.  BTW, I'll skip the cat.  Thanks for the kind offer, though.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

MudMan

Quote from: digginfool on May 02, 2008, 10:50:28 AM
It's not pointless at all.  You call it pointless because you don't want to see the facts.  You want to base your beliefs on the emotions you project upon your pet; your interpretation of the wag of your dog's tail.  BTW, I'll skip the cat.  Thanks for the kind offer, though.

Where are all these facts....guess I missed those posts......don't forget....APA style

You've now reverted to psycho-babble BS.....LMAO.....you sure are making my days at work much more enjoyable. 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

MudMan

and I said a kitten not a cat....kittens are cute.....cats suck
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

MudMan

we've got company.....5 lurkers.....creeeeeeeeeeepy
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

JackL

Quote from: MudMan on May 02, 2008, 10:16:48 AM
Quote from: JackL on May 02, 2008, 09:33:34 AM
I do notice that one guy was able to subdue the animal without a firearm.

I wish I could find the story about the woman who was eaten by her beloved Pitbulls (in front of her kids no less) she had raised from pups.



We could trade news stories all day..... :K :banghead.gif

....POINTLESS....

I guarantee you will find 50x more stories regarding Pits. They have been selectively mated to produce an aggressive breed that can fight. It is in the blood, just as many of the specialized dogs out there. I don't have a problem with people owning them at all. I also don't have a problem with people having cougars, gators and freakin cobras. Just treat them with the proper caution and respect.

Pretending they are like a lab or shepard is crazy IMO.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

MudMan

Quote from: JackL on May 02, 2008, 06:52:27 PM
Quote from: MudMan on May 02, 2008, 10:16:48 AM
Quote from: JackL on May 02, 2008, 09:33:34 AM
I do notice that one guy was able to subdue the animal without a firearm.

I wish I could find the story about the woman who was eaten by her beloved Pitbulls (in front of her kids no less) she had raised from pups.



We could trade news stories all day..... :K :banghead.gif

....POINTLESS....

I guarantee you will find 50x more stories regarding Pits. They have been selectively mated to produce an aggressive breed that can fight. It is in the blood, just as many of the specialized dogs out there. I don't have a problem with people owning them at all. I also don't have a problem with people having cougars, gators and freakin cobras. Just treat them with the proper caution and respect.

Pretending they are like a lab or shepard is crazy IMO.



And you don't think a big part of the reason you will find 50x more stories on pits is due to the fact there are a lot of people out there that buy pits with the goal of training them to fight, be aggressive, etc.  I'm not saying its the ONLY reason but its certainly plays a major role.  You're right, they aren't like labs.  No one buys labs and trains them to fight.  I won't argue that its a combination of things but to put all the blame on the dogs and none of the blame on the owners is absurd.  Just MHO. 

p.s. I want a cougar
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

MudMan

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

logandzwon

Quote from: digginfool on May 01, 2008, 09:06:55 AM
Quote from: logandzwon on April 30, 2008, 08:10:12 PM
Inca might have got a little hurt, ok a bunch hurt, but she did win the battle.  The porcupine did not survive the encounter.

Wow, you must be so proud.   ???   Just more proof of what's wrong with the breed and a lot of the people who own them.    :cursing.gif

While I some what agree with views of people that don't like pit bulls:
First, as others had said, the dog was a bull terrier, second (from the citytv original posting) "The porcupine actually came up near the house and so they are testing it for rabies, It didn't walk away from this one I'm afraid. They are concerned as it is peculiar for a procupine that is mature as this one was to go wandering up near a house with three dogs."  In other words, something was wrong with the porcupine.  The dog was defending it's home.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com