400ex or Z400?

Started by pj329, April 29, 2008, 09:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pj329

I'm tryin to figure out if I should get a Honda 400ex or a Suzuki Z400. Which one would u chose to race?
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

TRX450R_Racer

The Z400 it is water cooled.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Young Gun

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

gery350

Either or will be fine. Personally I love my Z400, but my girlfriend's dad has a 400ex, and its not that bad. I guess I like the water cooled, and reverse feature that the ex doesn't have. The Z is a bit faster, but some argue that the ex is also lol. All I can say is ride bith and see. I have 2 Z400s, and have little to no desire to move to a 450.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Turboderf

iam honda guy but i think the Z-400 is the way to go is water cooled good luck

klutchbuster400

Quote from: gery350 on April 29, 2008, 10:33:25 PM
Either or will be fine. Personally I love my Z400, but my girlfriend's dad has a 400ex, and its not that bad. I guess I like the water cooled, and reverse feature that the ex doesn't have. The Z is a bit faster, but some argue that the ex is also lol. All I can say is ride bith and see. I have 2 Z400s, and have little to no desire to move to a 450.
Sorry, I was logged in my father's accounbt =P

slam1

Just remember water cooled means more parts to break. When was the last time you saw a 400 EX overheating. Reliability is the main issue my son and I looked at before getting our EX's. I personally feel the EX handles better in the woods. My son is very fast on his mostly stock EX. Hope this helps. :T
Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
[url="http://www.thesportslift.com"]http://www.thesportslift.com[/url]

klutchbuster400

Quote from: slam1 on April 30, 2008, 10:26:20 AM
Just remember water cooled means more parts to break. When was the last time you saw a 400 EX overheating. Reliability is the main issue my son and I looked at before getting our EX's. I personally feel the EX handles better in the woods. My son is very fast on his mostly stock EX. Hope this helps. :T
Thats true, but also look at the obvious advance of the suzuki engine compared to the ex engine. I had an overheating problem just once, and that was because a stick got logged into my fan, and broke it, thank god I still had my dummy lights though lol. I can't really compare my z's handling to an EX because both og my z400's have suspension mods, and since I've never ridden an EX with suspension, I wouldn't know. In stock trim the ex does handle nicely though.

In reality, all he can do is ride both, and decide. He can probably find an EX for much cheaper then a Z as well.

Kelli415

Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

Kelli415

Quote from: Kelli415 on April 30, 2008, 06:23:09 PM
Z400
deff.

Ohh.
and i have a 400ex
that we're looking to sell though..
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

JIMDAWG38

By Far The Z 400 . Great Bike , Don't get me wrong the Honda is very reliable but the Suzuki is a better Quad.
2006 LTR 450
Steel Mx Goggles
Amsoil
ODI Grips
Yoshimura

pj329

thanks guys, and kelli :P
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

z400stunter

I have a z400 for sale if you're interested.
JUMP IT!

Kelli415

Quote from: pj329 on April 30, 2008, 07:41:56 PM
thanks guys, and kelli :P

PATRICK! DONT USE
MY NAME I MIGHT GET
STALKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(: hahaa. and i didnt even
notice this was you. walk like
ten houses' down and
buy my honda
Kelli ♥  Marie

         FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com