Help With Ticket

Started by Miami450R, March 12, 2008, 11:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miami450R

I got pulled over today. i was driving and i dont really know how fast i was going.i dont THINK i was going as fast as he said i was but i might have been.

a car hauls ass and flies behind me and tails me for a good 2 blocks or so.
i figured it might be a cop so i just slowed down.


he pulls me over and says i was doing 63 in a 45.


he asks for my license n registration . and an hour later he comes back with a ticket. it was for "Violation Of Traffic Control Device"
and it says i was doing 60mph in a 35mph.when earlier he said in a 45??

he didnt put the amount of money i owe. he left the backside of the ticket COMPLETELY blank.he wasnt even a traffic unit.

it says "Paced with vehicle (certified & calibrated)"

and my radar didnt go off. so he just DROVE behind me and put on his lights. and i saw him coming from waay back so i was already doing the speed limit or less.


so could i fight it????

could i just get away with him not filling out the ticket correctly??

how ****ed am i?
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

svtbolt04

Double the speed limit is only like 4 points..If you haven't taken the course this year, just take it, pay the fine (if there is one) and just go about your business.

Im pretty sure just a "Violation Of Traffic Control Device" is $115.xx Go to the clerk of courts and ask them what to do. Be friendly, and they will be friendly back. They deal with a lot of pissed off people already.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

686RAPTOR

take it court the cop most likely wont show up. if the cop doesnt show they drop your case.

FishaHallic

And if he does show you will lose and have to pay court cost.  Sounds to me like he did you a favor, instead of charging you with speeding which you admit he could have done which most likely would have cost you more.  Pay the ticket, take the safe driving course on the internet and be done with it.

Miami450R

how do i know to pay the ticket if i dont know WHERE to pay it or how much it is. im telling you this cop left almost everything empty
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

mikeE36

if he didnt fill out the ticket fight it. I had the same thing happen. cop said he got me but the radar detector didnt go off and he said i was going exactly 50 and what are the chances of that

1FasterBlaster

  If he didn't fill it out, then he was doing you a favor. But you still have to hire a Traffic lawyer to process wrongly filled out tickets. It's the courts way of making sure someone gets paid something. It won't cost as much as paying the ticket.
   Most Lawyers will look at the ticket and tell you whether or not it can be thrown out. If they have a good repoir with the  judges, they can get it thrown out.
   One good thing to remember from now on,"Speeding is going nowhere fast!!"

Keeter

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on March 13, 2008, 06:09:50 AM
  If he didn't fill it out, then he was doing you a favor. But you still have to hire a Traffic lawyer to process wrongly filled out tickets. It's the courts way of making sure someone gets paid something. It won't cost as much as paying the ticket.
   Most Lawyers will look at the ticket and tell you whether or not it can be thrown out. If they have a good repoir with the  judges, they can get it thrown out.
   One good thing to remember from now on,"Speeding is going nowhere fast!!"

I agree. Hire an attorney.  Some of those "Ticket Defense" attorneys cost only $50-60.  Some could be more. Check your mail, you should be getting a fist full of letters from the "Ticket Defense" type attorneys wanting to represent you, trust me. Been there.   
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Chuck_Norris

when asked how do you plead, reply  "NO CONTEST"

FishaHallic

Quote from: Miami450R on March 13, 2008, 01:20:29 AM
how do i know to pay the ticket if i dont know WHERE to pay it or how much it is. im telling you this cop left almost everything empty
Sorry, I miss understood.  I just re-read the original post and now I see your problem but I would not now what to do since it does not sound like a valid ticket  :dunno.gif.  Good luck

klutchbuster400

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on March 13, 2008, 06:09:50 AM
  If he didn't fill it out, then he was doing you a favor. But you still have to hire a Traffic lawyer to process wrongly filled out tickets. It's the courts way of making sure someone gets paid something. It won't cost as much as paying the ticket.
   Most Lawyers will look at the ticket and tell you whether or not it can be thrown out. If they have a good repoir with the  judges, they can get it thrown out.
   One good thing to remember from now on,"Speeding is going nowhere fast!!"
He was hungry, Juan drives fast when he is hungry.

big-daddy

Wow......he told me, he had to go pee pee ???
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Miami450R

lol. so where do i take it??? to the police station????
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

686RAPTOR


AintSkeered

Call a local ticket clinic attorney. Search yellow pages or online for your area/town. Any other action is a huge, uneducated mistake. I promise you. And, no I'm not an attorney. But, my family has successfully done this several times. You will get notices in the mail from these attorneys and it does work. Don't listen to other suggestions, seriously.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

FishaHallic

Quote from: AintSkeered on March 13, 2008, 05:10:44 PM
Call a local ticket clinic attorney. Search yellow pages or online for your area/town. Any other action is a huge, uneducated mistake. I promise you. And, no I'm not an attorney. But, my family has successfully done this several times. You will get notices in the mail from these attorneys and it does work. Don't listen to other suggestions, seriously.

It is just a ticket, it's not like they are charging him with a felony for gosh sake

Miami450R

yeah its my first ticket ever too...had a clean record till now
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

klutchbuster400

That insurace rate is gonna go UPPP

Islandbreeze07

I got a ticket in Miami for following too closely. Everyone were doing it. It was over the bridge over the turnpike near Coral Reef on SW 117 Ave. I saw the COP doing it just before she pulled me over! So I was pretty pissed but complied. When we pulled over, I asked her what she was writing me the ticket for? She would not tell me. Obviously a BAD DAY for this cop.

So pissed  >:(with what the cop did with me when she did the frickin' same thing. I know! I saw her right next to me. Car to Car and I could tell how close she was right there. Would I bother getting a atty if I got ticketed---it's one of those life things that happen when you not minding the road rules. BUT WTF! THIS ONE?

So I got one of those ticket attys for $69.00 and told him everything, including the cop's antics. He had the ticket dismissed.

I am very appreciative of police BUT I do see a cop now and then doing the wrong thing. NOT RIGHT!
[url="http://mybenefitsplus.com/KGraber"]http://mybenefitsplus.com/KGraber[/url]
[url="http://iboplus.com/KGraber"]http://iboplus.com/KGraber[/url]

Life is like a farm, you gotta get up early to do the chores

1FasterBlaster

  If it's your first offense and you lose, they could give you 30 years!! You can always opt to go to traffic school. No points will be assessed on your license. It cost almost the same, but no points.
   But it does sound like a Ticket Lawyer can get it dismissed.

Miami450R

if a ticket lawyer gets it dismissed , do i still get points or do i still hav to go to traffic school?
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

1FasterBlaster

 No, If it's dismissed, your free!!

TRX470r

When i get a ticket i just give it to a lawyer and let them deal with it. Most of the cops don't show up so I only have to pay the lawyer fees. If they do show up you may get away with just traffic school and possibly a fee. but no points and no insurance increase. You don't even have to show up the lawyer takes care of everything and you get the results in the mail.




05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

Islandbreeze07

No points, no traffic school. If you do traffic school, they kinda know you did traffic school.....I think. Then your insurance goes up.
[url="http://mybenefitsplus.com/KGraber"]http://mybenefitsplus.com/KGraber[/url]
[url="http://iboplus.com/KGraber"]http://iboplus.com/KGraber[/url]

Life is like a farm, you gotta get up early to do the chores

1FasterBlaster

   No, your insurance can only go up if you access points. That's why they allow you traffic school only 5 times in your life, but you can only do it one year apart. After that, your considered a habitual offender.
   Trust me I know...I was a streetracer. I've done traffic school 3 times already!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com