gncc race

Started by Hawgin4x4, April 04, 2005, 12:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgin4x4

Hey guys i want to start racing, and my dad said run a gncc race first. I have a raptor 660, pretty much all stock. Can you guys & gals give me some advice on how to ready myself and quad for the race. I eventually want to get into mx racing. all advice will help. Thanks

-400-
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

YFZ450-Tampa

Before you do any GNCC race, you may want to try some of the hare scrambles races with Florida Trail Riders, with FTR the race is for 1 1/2 hours, on GNCC is 2 hours or more, FTR is all over the state, GNCC is all over USA  east coast, they had a race at DeLeon Springs like a 5 weeks a go, the next will be on SC (9 hours drive), the next for FTR is this coming saturday on Gainsville (Gatroback) sweet can't wait.
Now for the FTR or GNCC you don't need to do that many mods but for the Raptor suspension is an isue, there are some guys racing raptors on FTR and they do really good.

MX ? is totally different story, then you have to make many mosd, suspenssion specially +2 "A" arms, +2 rear axle, good set of after market shocks, and may be after market swing arm, motor ?? could be many things, pipe-air filter-hig comperssion piston-hot cam.

Don't forget safety, nerf bars, bumper, kill switch.

Hope this help !!!
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

yamadooski

Hey little boy.. ;D
You might want to start with FTR first. The Rapftor will be ok for a while then you might want to get rid of it if you are serious.
You will not even come close in MX on a Raptor.
Best thing to do is come to this weekends FTR at Gatorback and give it a try.
Finish out this year season with FTR and start fresh again in Sept. when we start up again.
Then GNCC will start back up again in March and you will have already had 10-12 races under your belt when you start GNCC.

Hope to see ya there at Gatorback.
Any help or questions PM me and you can ask all you want.

Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole

Hawgin4x4

Thanks for the advice.. I am going to show my dad the info. I have to find a race that wont be a pain for me to take off work.
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

Albright335

#4
Hi!!

If taking off work is an issue...I would start by trying FTR...I have raced FTR for the past 3 years and just now am getting into the GNCC! FTR races are usually closer...the GNCC races require Lots of traveling...and the GNCC race itself is longer and much different terrain...I would get your "feet wet" with FTR and see where it leads  ya!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Jennifer Albright!!

 ;D
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

Hawgin4x4

YEA, RIGHT NOW I AM BUYING A TRUCK. SO I AM TIGHT ON MONEY. I WILL START WITH THE FTR FIRST. ON THE HAIR SCRAMBLES HOW IS THE TERRAIN? MUDDY? HILLY? LOTS OF WHOOPS? MY RAPTOR ALREADY HAS NERF BARS ON IT SO I AM 1 STEP CLOSER. THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE..OH YA, IM NOT A LITTLE BOY. LOL!!
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

YFZ450-Tampa

Ok "Big Boy" hurry and get with us to Gatorback, this coming Saturday, for me one of the best tracks, it has everything, including a MX track, some hills on the MX track and out of it, woops... yes those to, mud ? I don't know depends of the rain.
 OK I see you at the race  ;D
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Hawgin4x4

i would,  :-[but i broke my thumb, cant ride... :-[
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

Albright335

Yikes  :o

Hope it feels better soon!!
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

Hawgin4x4

thanks..I am going riding tomorrow, i guess i will find out if i can take the pain..Going up to Salt Springs for first time riding trip to there.
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

YFZ450AndyH

Is there a website for the FTR racing?  Thanks.

fwhite02


YFZ450-Tampa

Yep, come on and jiong us !!!
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com