Snorkel Project (2006 Honda Foreman 4x4)

Started by MudMan, January 08, 2008, 07:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MudMan

Got another question.  After I got done installing the snorkel kit I purchased from triangle ATV I had to increase the idle just a bit........does that sound normal ???????????
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

94Hardbody4x4

By how much? Did it come with new jets? If not, then you might want to bump up to a 170 jet.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

MudMan

I didn't have to bump it up much at all.   It was just barely stalling out cuz it seemed like it wasn't getting enough air.   It didn't come with any new jets and I have no idea how to do that LOL.

I just don't want to get into a big waterhole and have it stalling out. 
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

Seabeejim

Do a test ride and then a plug check after wide open throttle and shut down and see what the plug reads.  I would say you might have to re-jet the carb.
XR 50 with stickers and mods

94Hardbody4x4

Go to http://www.hondaforeman.com. They have alot of threads about changing the jets and a details diagram as well.

Also, take for about a 30 minute test ride and if your jetting is off, it will sputter at full throttle. Honda Foreman.com will tell you how to do a plug check. You're basically putting in a new spark plug, riding it, and then checking the color of the plug to see if your running rich or lean.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

neysnumber

have you had a chance to play in any water yet?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com