Osceola National Forest ride Labor Day Weekend

Started by Southern Outlaw, August 14, 2007, 05:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern Outlaw

Anyone up for an all day ride Sat. Sept.   Labor Day Weekend????
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

susieblazer

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Ida_Mann

ever since hearing what the riding is like, I'd like to get up there for a ride, but can't make it till the weekend after.

anybody got a good spot for me to start out and unload up there they wanna tell me about?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

tonya

I'd love to go!-I'm kid free this weekend and was looking for a place to play.
I'm a new member and new atv owner-how's this work??
Tonya

Ida_Mann

kinda like a boat,,,,find a place to put in and drop anchor ;-)

at least Osceola is still open like Ocala used to be.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

susieblazer

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

susieblazer

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Ida_Mann

anyone got good info on where to drop the quad and go riding up there?

I'd like to try it out this weekend,,,,,also, any hotels convenient to the place?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

GrizzlyGator

Ida_Mann , Prairie Master & I just went there a couple of weeks ago with our families and some friends...we dropped off at a great spot, later today / tonight I will put on here the coordinates for that spot if that will help you. It was some great riding..beautiful scenery open trails, grassy trails all groomed no whoops at all most of the ride is in tree cover, there was no mud when we went but with all this rain the past few days i'm betting you'll find some out there. We put on 25 miles in about 2 1/2 hours of riding and we only did one side of ocean pond, can't wait to go back and explore some more. Sorry no info on hotels. Todd          

Gato

becareful with the lakes in Osceola I dont have the link but if you search about 4-6 kids have died days after some bacteria they picked up by bathing in these lakes and it is clearly posted on some signs in these places just becareful with the lil one's and have fun.
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Gato

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Prairie Master

You can camp at ocean pond which is about a mile or so from the trail heads or get a hotel room in Lake City and drive up US 90 to the Osceola Forest but its about a 30-45 min drive. They have trail maps at the ranger stations, and also at the campground.

;D
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

Ida_Mann

cool, thanks for the info guys, I'm definately headed up there within the next month or two.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Prairie Master

Let me know when you want to go I'll be back in the states 01 NOV
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com