2008 Honda 400EX?

Started by FoxHondaRider, June 16, 2007, 07:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxHondaRider

Ok is there any changes on the 2008 400EX?  On the Honda website everyother model is 2008 but the 400EX they have not posted a 400EX as 2008.  Only that quad is 2007 on the site.   I was just wondering if they will be making any changes?
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Bigscrb15

maybe they stopped making it.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

FoxHondaRider

that would suck.  I'm thinking they are redesigning it.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Chillinthemost

Quote from: FoxHondaRider on June 17, 2007, 03:10:29 AM
that would suck.  I'm thinking they are redesigning it.
I doubt it, its not really needed.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Bigscrb15

I read on another website that Honda will be releasing other new models in September and will probably release the 400ex then also with reverse, or it will be discontinued.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Chillinthemost

It already has reverse. I bet they drop it. Why would you buy a 400 when they make a 450. 
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

SWAMP_DONKEY

Prob discontinued... sorta lost its nitch.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Chillinthemost on June 17, 2007, 03:43:48 AM
It already has reverse. I bet they drop it. Why would you buy a 400 when they make a 450. 

oh, guess thats what i get for copying off some site i found on google. didnt even research it.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

FoxHondaRider

well most don't want a 450 because its more maintenance.  Suzuki's 400 has more features such as gas shocks.  Others also have a bit more HP.  Thats why I was wondering if Honda was redesigning it maybe to compete with others.   
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Cory1020

more than likely they are redesigning it, they always delay the redesigned models and released the models with minimal changes. Its what they ALWAYS do.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

FoxHondaRider

well lets hope for a actual 400cc engine and gas shocks.  Thats really the only way to improve that unless you put LED lights in or something. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

FoxHondaRider

liquid cooling or a bigger oil cooler might be nice too
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Fox17

Quote from: FoxHondaRider on June 18, 2007, 09:46:24 PM
liquid cooling or a bigger oil cooler might be nice too

maybe a bigger oil cooler but water-cooling it would defeat the purpose of a bulletproof, easy to maintain engine.

FoxHondaRider

very true, Honda's are bulletproof unless you open the engine and mess with it.  Bigger oil cooler & gas shocks is all I would want them to improve.  Oil cooler not so much but it would be better.  I love my 400ex because it handles anything and I barely have any maintenance to do on it.  You can beat Honda's and they will still run like a top.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done