Everglades Ride for the HARD CORE ! Who's In ?

Started by Thrumud, May 13, 2007, 09:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

Quote from: illegal26 on June 04, 2007, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: JackL on June 04, 2007, 02:29:31 PM
Listen gents, this rain ain't gonna do anything but make the sawgrass green. I'd bet it is absorbed already. Illegal rode it Sunday with no problems. ;)


BTW: Gonna hit it WED night if anyone wants to pre run it.  8)


Well I rode it Saturday nite and it was wet the entire area was flooded with about a steady 6"- 12" of standing water and natuarlly alot deeper depending on were you ride and some spots are downright nasty.

I have to say if it stays like this or worsens it ill strictly be a 4x4 ride  NO sport bikes as they wont even make it across the canal
last week befor the rain at 39 there was a good 20' of bare dirt to walk across the canal now or Saturday there was no bare area of the canal and its shallow point was about 18" id say.


Beats getting dusted!! I doubt it will rain before the ride and it is like a sponge so I'll bet it will be OK. You guys made it out and back right after the rain. Lets also remember, it is 92 degrees all this week with no clouds in sight. The ride was sold as a hardcore swamp ride anyway....We get another 8" and all bets are off!!!
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

pelele

Do you guys think i can make this ride in my Z400 (sport bike)????

I really wanna go riding but i dont have a way how to get a utility bike..

Please let me know what you think??/
04 RAPTOR 660R CHAMELEON
03 LT-Z400 YELLOW

www.atvmiaxtreme.com
www.raptorforum.com
www.z400central.com

[url="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg"]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg[/url]

IXIswamperIXI

I don't think a sports bike is going to make it, sorry  :(  well all tools,straps,cleves,spare parts, and gas cans are loaded.  Tomorrow I am going to pick up drinks and food, start loading 2 folding Chairs (in case we are all stuck LOL) table (maybe) coolers and maybe a little grill I am not sure about that yet I have to see how much room I got and start prioritize LOL
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Thrumud

You guys are going to KILL me !  I know I started this ride a while back and unfortunately my wife is not doing very well. I had to take her to the hospital today due to major abdominal pain, this happen a while back and doctors think it's her gallbladder. Doctors will do some test tomorrow. If she goes for surgery I won't be able to make it. If you guys go, sling some mud for me.  Sorry guys  :(
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

JackL

Quote from: Thrumud on June 06, 2007, 11:03:58 PM
You guys are going to KILL me !  I know I started this ride a while back and unfortunately my wife is not doing very well. I had to take her to the hospital today due to major abdominal pain, this happen a while back and doctors think it's her gallbladder. Doctors will do some test tomorrow. If she goes for surgery I won't be able to make it. If you guys go, sling some mud for me.  Sorry guys  :(

My prayers are with your wife. The mud isn't going anywhere. ;)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

IXIswamperIXI

#106
Quote from: Thrumud on June 06, 2007, 11:03:58 PM
You guys are going to KILL me !  I know I started this ride a while back and unfortunately my wife is not doing very well. I had to take her to the hospital today due to major abdominal pain, this happen a while back and doctors think it's her gallbladder. Doctors will do some test tomorrow. If she goes for surgery I won't be able to make it. If you guys go, sling some mud for me.  Sorry guys  :(

Don't worry about it.  You need to take care of those who take care of you! I hope everything is ok!  GOOD LUCK!  My wife is sick also but not as serious as yall, so I am not sure if she is going saturday.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

JackL

I say we push this forward. I can probably make it for a few hours if everyone is going, but I think we should wait for the creator of the idea to be available. I would rather go make the money I fell into, but the call of the swamp and everything.. ;)

Anyone who was planing to go, chime in with your thoughts.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

papahouse

Quote from: JackL on June 08, 2007, 08:53:37 AM
I say we push this forward. I can probably make it for a few hours if everyone is going, but I think we should wait for the creator of the idea to be available. I would rather go make the money I fell into, but the call of the swamp and everything.. ;)

Anyone who was planing to go, chime in with your thoughts.



I am in agreement with moving the date forward.

JackL

#109
Quote from: papahouse on June 08, 2007, 10:13:54 AM
Quote from: JackL on June 08, 2007, 08:53:37 AM
I say we push this forward. I can probably make it for a few hours if everyone is going, but I think we should wait for the creator of the idea to be available. I would rather go make the money I fell into, but the call of the swamp and everything.. ;)

Anyone who was planing to go, chime in with your thoughts.



I am in agreement with moving the date forward.

Thats good, because I would have had to make it if you and Swamper were still going.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

brett711

2007 honda rancher

IXIswamperIXI

well I am going to go, I have spent too much money and time packing not to go.  I am going to try to be out at "39" around 9AM.  I have one other small buggy going with me so when he leaves I have to leave I am not going to ride by myself, thats when you get stuck.  Well if anyone is going I will see yall out there.

IXIswamperIXI
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

ONEslowEXer

Man that sounds like a fun ride. My father in law is part of a Airboat camp out there sure would like to make it there ! I think u have to cross indian land though to get to it
04 grizzly 660 Wetlands camo (Mine)
5.5in gorilla lift 29.5 x10 outlaws Hmf exhaust
Snorkeled Radiator relocated Outlaw clutch
Highlifter springs

02 Sportsman 400 Yellow Hers

88 suzuki Samurai (ours) 33" swampers 5:1 tranfercase
custom lift

JackL

Aww hell, anyone else thinking of kickin it for a few hours. Sure has been raining a bunch today. :)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

IXIswamperIXI

well I know there is another option I can't remember but L Cross or C & R is open the other buggy backed out
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

ok ok ok I AM GOING the other buggy did not back out (long story)  so I will be at 39 around 9AM let me know if any of yall are going.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

JackL

LMAO, I guess it is just an informal ride for anyone who shows up. ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

IXIswamperIXI

Well today is th day I got up about 6AM to pack last min. stuff I am fixing to leave I will be there from 9AM till about 3PM (my friend has to leave by 3) so if anyone is out there I will see you about.  I will try to get some pics/videos up this afternoon if anything interesting happens.  See yall later.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

JackL

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on June 09, 2007, 07:04:08 AM
Well today is th day I got up about 6AM to pack last min. stuff I am fixing to leave I will be there from 9AM till about 3PM (my friend has to leave by 3) so if anyone is out there I will see you about.  I will try to get some pics/videos up this afternoon if anything interesting happens.  See yall later.


I was ready to hit it with you and the rally radio spot came on this AM so I stayed and recorded it. Hope to ride with you soon.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

IXIswamperIXI

Well I am back already, we left there about 2PM, I got out there and I was overheating, I got stuck and saw that one of my electric fans were not working, so then I spent the couple of hours fixing another fan on the radiator but with no sroud, so I ran a little hotter than usual but we made it back, I don't think it is going to be able to ride out there much longer it is getting real nasty out there, I had to stay on the sawgrass all the other places were just too soft, anyway just thought I would post what happened, sorry I didnt take any pics, nothing really happened.  Till next time.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

JackL

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on June 09, 2007, 03:45:35 PM
Well I am back already, we left there about 2PM, I got out there and I was overheating, I got stuck and saw that one of my electric fans were not working, so then I spent the couple of hours fixing another fan on the radiator but with no sroud, so I ran a little hotter than usual but we made it back, I don't think it is going to be able to ride out there much longer it is getting real nasty out there, I had to stay on the sawgrass all the other places were just too soft, anyway just thought I would post what happened, sorry I didnt take any pics, nothing really happened.  Till next time.

Any ride you make it home from is a good one! It will be airboat country real soon. That is a good thing.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

#121
Hit the spot today. The first 1/2 mile is rough, but it gets ok after that. Very cool in fact. Much more rain and their will be no passing through the canal. I sunk my bike in deep water on the way out, but all is good now. ;)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

NEVER-ENOUGH

Quote from: JackL on June 04, 2007, 10:41:37 PM
Quote from: illegal26 on June 04, 2007, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: JackL on June 04, 2007, 02:29:31 PM
Listen gents, this rain ain't gonna do anything but make the sawgrass green. I'd bet it is absorbed already. Illegal rode it Sunday with no problems. ;)


BTW: Gonna hit it WED night if anyone wants to pre run it.  8)


Well I rode it Saturday nite and it was wet the entire area was flooded with about a steady 6"- 12" of standing water and natuarlly alot deeper depending on were you ride and some spots are downright nasty.

I have to say if it stays like this or worsens it ill strictly be a 4x4 ride  NO sport bikes as they wont even make it across the canal
last week befor the rain at 39 there was a good 20' of bare dirt to walk across the canal now or Saturday there was no bare area of the canal and its shallow point was about 18" id say.


Beats getting dusted!! I doubt it will rain before the ride and it is like a sponge so I'll bet it will be OK. You guys made it out and back right after the rain. Lets also remember, it is 92 degrees all this week with no clouds in sight. The ride was sold as a hardcore swamp ride anyway....We get another 8" and all bets are off!!!

  If you think a ride in the everglades is hardcore you need to get out more.

ONEslowEXer

04 grizzly 660 Wetlands camo (Mine)
5.5in gorilla lift 29.5 x10 outlaws Hmf exhaust
Snorkeled Radiator relocated Outlaw clutch
Highlifter springs

02 Sportsman 400 Yellow Hers

88 suzuki Samurai (ours) 33" swampers 5:1 tranfercase
custom lift

AintSkeered

Not legally and only when it's as dry as it is now.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com