Everglades Ride for the HARD CORE ! Who's In ?

Started by Thrumud, May 13, 2007, 09:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigscrb15

i would have loved to make the ride, but the mother in law will be in town that day.......
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

GrlNextDoor

Sounds like it's going to be a guys weekend??  Haven't seen any females say they were interested.  Sounds like a blast!

illegal26

Well looks like I have missed a bit
as since I got out of that same spot sunday ive been working like mad.
But I would ride it now cause once the rain comes I dont think we
will be able to ride much. I only know of 2 spots to cross the canel from the Alley over
last weekend  1 was about 12"-18" deep and other was 24"-36" and my bike didnt like the second
so much but I made it.

I will be riding it this weekend providing JackL and the crew are in so far looks like Sunday but maybe FRiday
nite and Saturday or  all weekend just bring plenty of gas.

JackL you still have the GPS #'s I gave you.

If you go in the 1st as we did there are a few camps one really nice one with a heli-pad outside shower and toilet ect.
and a few under construction.

Thrumud

Quote from: papahouse on May 23, 2007, 12:54:07 PM
Do you think my Arctic Cat 250 4x4 will handle it? She runs hard and handles everything at L-Cross and Bamboo I call her my little tank. If you do I would like to go as well.

Jump aboard, if you get stuck, we'll get cha out !
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]


TurboGSXR

(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

JackL

Quote from: illegal26 on May 23, 2007, 09:20:05 PM
Well looks like I have missed a bit
as since I got out of that same spot sunday ive been working like mad.
But I would ride it now cause once the rain comes I dont think we
will be able to ride much. I only know of 2 spots to cross the canel from the Alley over
last weekend  1 was about 12"-18" deep and other was 24"-36" and my bike didnt like the second
so much but I made it.

I will be riding it this weekend providing JackL and the crew are in so far looks like Sunday but maybe FRiday
nite and Saturday or  all weekend just bring plenty of gas.

JackL you still have the GPS #'s I gave you.

If you go in the 1st as we did there are a few camps one really nice one with a heli-pad outside shower and toilet ect.
and a few under construction.

Not only do I have the first numbers, I have three other spots marked. ;)
Still don't know if Fri night is going to happen, but Sunday sounds more than possible if it doesn't.

I sure love the second place myself!! I don't care if the water gets up to 4ft, I'll bring a jonboat to get the bike across...hahaah

I wonder if we should post the video..? I'll let you decide since I'm not even in it. maybe a little closer to the ride when we reveal the second site to the public.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

Quote from: GrlNextDoor on May 23, 2007, 09:05:11 PM
Sounds like it's going to be a guys weekend??  Haven't seen any females say they were interested.  Sounds like a blast!

You are the first, but I don't see any reason why you can't join us. The only requirement for this ride is you gotta love the mud.  ;)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

FWIW: On our recent ride there, the farthest we got was about 2-1/2 miles off the alley as the crow flys. Illegal made it much farther on his ride, but that is a different story.  ;)

Here is the numbers for the furthest point we went that day. N 26.11017 W 080.64542

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

illegal26

Post the video I dont mind.
As far as how far in we went I'm not sure but we covered around 40-50 mile that day.
Call me or i'll call you later today I have an Idea for my bike need a second opinion.

JackL

Quote from: illegal26 on May 24, 2007, 10:04:25 AM
Post the video I dont mind.
As far as how far in we went I'm not sure but we covered around 40-50 mile that day.
Call me or i'll call you later today I have an Idea for my bike need a second opinion.


Ok, cool. I'll post it next week. Hopefully I'll have a few more to add to it with some killer Russian music.

BTW: You can call me when ever.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

450R_Matt

Dennis

1 question.. If this is not Big Cypress or  Miccosukee Reservation what is it and who owns the land?

Matt
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

big-daddy

Please note - Motorized vehicles, motorcycles, airboats, and all-terrain vehicles are prohibited in Water Conservation Area 3A lying north of Alligator Alley (I-75) due to drought conditions.  For more information review Order No. E007-03.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

JackL

Quote from: big-daddy on May 24, 2007, 06:30:57 PM
Please note - Motorized vehicles, motorcycles, airboats, and all-terrain vehicles are prohibited in Water Conservation Area 3A lying north of Alligator Alley (I-75) due to drought conditions.  For more information review Order No. E007-03.

Are you new here?

We are going on the SOUTH side. :)

It's not like they think anyone actually visiting there has Internet and can see that, that is what the signs are for and why they don't bother to make the .pdf work.

Here is an example of what is posted on the closed NORTH side.



Am I on the right site....




The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Thrumud

Quote from: 450R_Matt on May 24, 2007, 02:52:38 PM
Dennis

1 question.. If this is not Big Cypress or  Miccosukee Reservation what is it and who owns the land?

Matt

Matt, it's part of the Francis S Taylor but the south side, NOT THE NORTH SIDE - NOT BIG CYPRESS ! 
According to the FWC it's ok on the south side.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

IXIswamperIXI

I think monday I am going to ride out there and see where I can cross with the buggy.  I rather go for a ride without the buggy and get a game plan.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Thrumud

This is another possible path (Note Based on the 2006-07 FWC Regulation Summary & Area Map booklet) this path is outside of the Big Cypress. We must at all times remain on State Land. This path is an estimate from the bridge before the Snake Rd Station (If headed West). We can park under the bridge, there are visible trails on google earth. This ride is from I-75 to a boat ramp on 41. What do you guys think ?

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

TurboGSXR

so no riding tomorrow....I have 4 bikes going?  Come on someone wants to go?

(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

TurboGSXR

(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

foreman1

Quote from: Thrumud on May 26, 2007, 01:53:36 AM
This is another possible path (Note Based on the 2006-07 FWC Regulation Summary & Area Map booklet) this path is outside of the Big Cypress. We must at all times remain on State Land. This path is an estimate from the bridge before the Snake Rd Station (If headed West). We can park under the bridge, there are visible trails on google earth. This ride is from I-75 to a boat ramp on 41. What do you guys think ?



Becareful you dont cross into indian land on the south end of that run.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

IXIswamperIXI



Well I went out there today to see where I can put in.  It will definitly have to be the "39" on this pic, I can't get between the gard rail and boat ramp at "35".  I also put some more waypoints on there just looking around found what I think are a couple of camping spots.  I will have to bring the garmin and load it on Google Earth when we get back  :) I can post the acual GPS locations of them if you want just let me know.

IXIswamperIXI
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

illegal26

Well me and the gang rode out there all weekend
some pretty dry stuff and some mud here and there.

If you got a big bike it can be hard or impossible to go in at the 35.7 mm
but with the water there at the level it is you need the bigger bike.

We went in at mm39 and just rode left side trails in morning and then the ones to the right after.


JackL what happened?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com