Florida on Fire

Started by jpease, May 08, 2007, 03:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garym

Quote from: cheropride on May 08, 2007, 07:36:24 PM
Shoot, it's bad here in Broward too, and there isn't any fires in Broward.  It's all coming from west coast. 

And yea, it appears Florida is on Fire, Gov stated on the news, there are currently 210 fires in the State of Florida.  So let's see between all the fires, and the east coast beaches being taken way back to see, where is Florida....  Pretty weird stuff today, hey.....

Well, atleast we can so no hurricanes, but that thing of the east coast sure looks familar.  All I can say, I sure hopes it decides to stop of Florida for about a week, and rain, rain, and then rain some more. 

The real irony is that central planes of the US, is having serious flooding. 

You spoke too fast regarding hurricanes...NOAA is sending out a hurricane hunter to check the storm off fla/ga. this am sometime...



jpease

Quote from: Sleazy_Rider78 on May 08, 2007, 10:55:37 PM
With all this smoke around here, I thought my fiance was cooking.
oh man! that's cold.......

garym

poor guy...send that woman to WTS...(wife training school)

ps How many many men does it take to unscrew a cap off a beer bottle?



Answer-None...the pregnant dog better bring it opened

garym

hey mod, what a nice change of words...I feel so warm and fuzzy now...LOL

Bigscrb15

Quote from: garym on May 09, 2007, 11:17:50 AM
hey mod, what a nice change of words...I feel so warm and fuzzy now...LOL

it wasnt a mod, it is automatic.


"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Bigscrb15

My truck is covered in Ash from the fires. Looks like they are blaming cigarette smokers on some of them instead of atv's
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

cheropride

Quote from: garym on May 09, 2007, 10:02:06 AM
Quote from: cheropride on May 08, 2007, 07:36:24 PM
Shoot, it's bad here in Broward too, and there isn't any fires in Broward.  It's all coming from west coast. 

And yea, it appears Florida is on Fire, Gov stated on the news, there are currently 210 fires in the State of Florida.  So let's see between all the fires, and the east coast beaches being taken way back to see, where is Florida....  Pretty weird stuff today, hey.....

Well, atleast we can so no hurricanes, but that thing of the east coast sure looks familar.  All I can say, I sure hopes it decides to stop of Florida for about a week, and rain, rain, and then rain some more. 

The real irony is that central planes of the US, is having serious flooding. 

You spoke too fast regarding hurricanes...NOAA is sending out a hurricane hunter to check the storm off fla/ga. this am sometime...



I know I was a PTO meeting today, and we looked at the TV and saw Florida with the big round circle around it, and I said where there's the Florida we all know all to well.   Hopefully, we will get some dang ran....  let's all go out in our back yards and a do an indian rain dance....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

FoxHondaRider

hopefully this namd storm will bring a lot of rain.  They said we should get some rain from it.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Ida_Mann on May 08, 2007, 04:07:07 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on May 08, 2007, 03:59:20 PM
It was probably George Bush riding on his YFZ that caused it.

now comeon, you know the pres is smarter than that,,,he would be riding a Honda.

;-)

Id@

cheropride

I am sorry but I just can't believe how this stuff is.  Oh my gosh, you walk out side, and you can actually taste it in your mouth, man it is gross.  Never seen it this bad, especially for fires so far way, I think every fire in florida is blowing it's smoke to Broward, it is really nasty.... :Dead.gif
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Quote from: cheropride on May 09, 2007, 05:53:09 PM
I am sorry but I just can't believe how this stuff is.  Oh my gosh, you walk out side, and you can actually taste it in your mouth, man it is gross.  Never seen it this bad, especially for fires so far way, I think every fire in florida is blowing it's smoke to Broward, it is really nasty.... :Dead.gif
Excuse me    I farted.  LOL
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

DRWalum

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on May 09, 2007, 11:22:15 AM
My truck is covered in Ash from the fires. Looks like they are blaming cigarette smokers on some of them instead of atv's

Cigarette smokers on atv's  ::)
DRW Aluminum Specialist , INC.
( free estimates )

2005 DR-Z400s   Street Legal !!

Fox17

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on May 09, 2007, 11:22:15 AM
My truck is covered in Ash from the fires. Looks like they are blaming cigarette smokers on some of them instead of atv's

mine too. i was pissed when i got outside this mornin. it looked like someone painted white and black spots all over it. time for a washin.  :-\

yunt2ride

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on May 09, 2007, 11:22:15 AM
My truck is covered in Ash from the fires. Looks like they are blaming cigarette smokers on some of them instead of atv's

People throwing out cigarettes. I was on I-75 yesterday and low and behold, passing this trucker and he flicks out his cigarette. Good way to start more fires. If you must smoke, get a plastic pepsi bottle or something with a lid and put water in it, then place your cigarette there until you can dump it out.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

FoxHondaRider

I have to agree.  I see this happen all the time and they don't just go out right away, they keep burning for a while. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Eric5555

its all foggy in boca now too
[url="http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418"]http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418[/url]

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME

americanhighlander

#41
YEah i can even see smoke here in mcalpin  but when i went branford
today over by my sister elm school you can even see orange skies to east of branford and
it was raining with small falling ashes and early before hour later it was where yellow and orange skies
you can see and it was like foggy orange you can't see the roads in branford around 1:30pm between 2pm hour.

I went pull it off libary today and the way smoke on weather.com
it looks going be 3 or 4 days with same ole stuff smoke coming from clay county and lake city
area and bradford county and  all way to gainesvile to ocala can see this stuff maybe orlando area can see this smoke coming from north all from south ga to jax, and  untill tropical storm hits south daytona beach  thats only when people need watch  wildfires all  over north central florida
it could switch to when wind  is blowing to west or northwest. I know it's pretty dry here
the lasttime we had wildfire like this was back in 1998 when it was 12miles way
over in mayo area near mallory swamp area. Too bad we aren't getting this rain from
tropical storm and this bad news for all people that lived in from jax to ocala
and east of mayo and masion areas. So if we don't any good rain storms soon,we are going
be flare up here and have pretty bad major hurrcaine season through out whole north central florida
here. Yeah this even harded for all crop farmers here water every day and if suwwnnee river runs low
or spring system then we might have to limted our suppy here to use it less.

I remeber my old teacher down south many years ago and he told me
lake ockebee was pretty low back in 70's and all over south florida
they had limted there water suppys and watering lawn so much becuase lake was pretty
low on demand back then.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

FoxHondaRider

As ashes continue to fall... we need a lot of rain.  Tomorrow they called for the smoke and ash to be worse than it was today.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

DRWalum

Quote from: americanhighlander on May 10, 2007, 05:08:04 PM
YEah i can even see smoke here in mcalpin  but when i went branford
today over by my sister elm school you can even see orange skies to east of branford and
it was raining with small falling ashes and early before hour later it was where yellow and orange skies
you can see and it was like foggy orange you can't see the roads in branford around 1:30pm between 2pm hour.

I went pull it off libary today and the way smoke on weather.com
it looks going be 3 or 4 days with same ole stuff smoke coming from clay county and lake city
area and bradford county and  all way to gainesvile to ocala can see this stuff maybe orlando area can see this smoke coming from north all from south ga to jax, and  untill tropical storm hits south daytona beach  thats only when people need watch  wildfires all  over north central florida
it could switch to when wind  is blowing to west or northwest. I know it's pretty dry here
the lasttime we had wildfire like this was back in 1998 when it was 12miles way
over in mayo area near mallory swamp area. Too bad we aren't getting this rain from
tropical storm and this bad news for all people that lived in from jax to ocala
and east of mayo and masion areas. So if we don't any good rain storms soon,we are going
be flare up here and have pretty bad major hurrcaine season through out whole north central florida
here. Yeah this even harded for all crop farmers here water every day and if suwwnnee river runs low
or spring system then we might have to limted our suppy here to use it less.

I remeber my old teacher down south many years ago and he told me
lake ockebee was pretty low back in 70's and all over south florida
they had limted there water suppys and watering lawn so much becuase lake was pretty
low on demand back then.


Been wondering what has been going on lately ................. now I understand it all  ;D  ;D Good to have ya back!!!

DR Walum
DRW Aluminum Specialist , INC.
( free estimates )

2005 DR-Z400s   Street Legal !!

jpease

well we are back to been smoky again.  Parrish Florida!

JackL

Quote from: cheropride on May 09, 2007, 04:42:21 PM
Quote from: garym on May 09, 2007, 10:02:06 AM
Quote from: cheropride on May 08, 2007, 07:36:24 PM
Shoot, it's bad here in Broward too, and there isn't any fires in Broward.  It's all coming from west coast. 

And yea, it appears Florida is on Fire, Gov stated on the news, there are currently 210 fires in the State of Florida.  So let's see between all the fires, and the east coast beaches being taken way back to see, where is Florida....  Pretty weird stuff today, hey.....

Well, atleast we can so no hurricanes, but that thing of the east coast sure looks familar.  All I can say, I sure hopes it decides to stop of Florida for about a week, and rain, rain, and then rain some more. 

The real irony is that central planes of the US, is having serious flooding. 

You spoke too fast regarding hurricanes...NOAA is sending out a hurricane hunter to check the storm off fla/ga. this am sometime...



I know I was a PTO meeting today, and we looked at the TV and saw Florida with the big round circle around it, and I said where there's the Florida we all know all to well.   Hopefully, we will get some dang ran....  let's all go out in our back yards and a do an indian rain dance....



Just saw that fire map on TV, weird how we are the only ones not on fire. SE Florida.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

jpease

just saw in the news the storm is shifting the winds.  Smoke is supposed to be real bad tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!

cheropride

Down here in Broward, taking my son and neighbor to school.  The neighbor kid says, "wow, look at the moon, way cool", and I looked and said no, that's the sun.  They were like whoa....  It did look pretty wild, like a big red ball in the sky. 

I know what you mean about those maps, let's see before we were known as the hurricane state, now we are known as the red planet. 

All we can do is pray for a God's miracle of a lot of rain.  They just put us in phase 3 water restrictions, us and PB I believe.  Can only water on Sat for odd number homes, and Sun for even number homes.  They are talking about phase 4, which I have no idea what that is.  If you ask me, if they are so concerned about the water usage, they need to enforcing the ones that they have.  I constantly see so many people just ignoring the water restrictions, and usually it is a business.  If the don't enforce it, what is the sense of having them.

Bring on the rain......
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

JackL

Quote from: cheropride on May 11, 2007, 08:33:28 AM
Down here in Broward, taking my son and neighbor to school.  The neighbor kid says, "wow, look at the moon, way cool", and I looked and said no, that's the sun.  They were like whoa....  It did look pretty wild, like a big red ball in the sky. 

I know what you mean about those maps, let's see before we were known as the hurricane state, now we are known as the red planet. 

All we can do is pray for a God's miracle of a lot of rain.  They just put us in phase 3 water restrictions, us and PB I believe.  Can only water on Sat for odd number homes, and Sun for even number homes.  They are talking about phase 4, which I have no idea what that is.  If you ask me, if they are so concerned about the water usage, they need to enforcing the ones that they have.  I constantly see so many people just ignoring the water restrictions, and usually it is a business.  If the don't enforce it, what is the sense of having them.

Bring on the rain......


The sunset was truly incredible last evening. I could only stand in awe of it as it slipped down the western horizon.

Weird thing about all this, not a lick of smoke was seen out at Macs yesterday.

Phase4 means you can water one day out of the week, but I ask you all to refrain because all the gators are piling up in the last remaining waterholes and it is making riding more scary than ever. ;)
The grass will green up when it starts raining in only three more weeks....crossfingers

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

cheropride

Quote from: JackL on May 11, 2007, 08:45:10 AM
Quote from: cheropride on May 11, 2007, 08:33:28 AM
Down here in Broward, taking my son and neighbor to school.  The neighbor kid says, "wow, look at the moon, way cool", and I looked and said no, that's the sun.  They were like whoa....  It did look pretty wild, like a big red ball in the sky. 

I know what you mean about those maps, let's see before we were known as the hurricane state, now we are known as the red planet. 

All we can do is pray for a God's miracle of a lot of rain.  They just put us in phase 3 water restrictions, us and PB I believe.  Can only water on Sat for odd number homes, and Sun for even number homes.  They are talking about phase 4, which I have no idea what that is.  If you ask me, if they are so concerned about the water usage, they need to enforcing the ones that they have.  I constantly see so many people just ignoring the water restrictions, and usually it is a business.  If the don't enforce it, what is the sense of having them.

Bring on the rain......


The sunset was truly incredible last evening. I could only stand in awe of it as it slipped down the western horizon.

Weird thing about all this, not a lick of smoke was seen out at Macs yesterday.

Phase4 means you can water one day out of the week, but I ask you all to refrain because all the gators are piling up in the last remaining waterholes and it is making riding more scary than ever. ;)
The grass will green up when it starts raining in only three more weeks....crossfingers



Yea but they just put us (including you) on Phase 3, effective May 16th, can only water one day a week.  Now they are talking about possibly phase 4.  So I guess phase 4 is that you can only have rock gardens, because there will be zero watering???? 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com