Rodman Dam Trail Ride IV

Started by jjamesbar, November 02, 2004, 12:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjamesbar

QuoteRODMAN RIDE IV          
                 
Total count                                126 bikes

never in my wildest dreams would i have thought this many riders would be down.
if we loose 20% we still have 100 quads!
we've created a monster.  :)

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

QuoteHey Grizz or someone else that has them!!

I have the gps cords for Eurekia and Rodman

Could you post a couple others ,like the layout as a square or a triangle or some to keep track as we go?? (ie 88 store and the farthest east of the track).
Your map is great just trying not to get lost   Thanks Jerry

would it help if grizz printed up some topo maps showing the trails and proposed route to hand out at rodman?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

budman

Quotenever in my wildest dreams would i have thought this many riders would be down.
if we loose 20% we still have 100 quads!
we've created a monster.  :)

jeff
just like last time?.... ;D Heck, at this rate we will be back at Rodman just as the last bike pulls out!!
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

racemanfl

I got the map   Just print it from here
Would like a few reference points to help follow along   Jerry

Mrs.Nightbreed

HOLY COW!!! Did I count right? 22 cabins reserved!!!!    That place needs to give us more than  $5.00 off!!!!1  Man this will be  GREAT  ;D

jjamesbar

Quotejust like last time?.... ;D Heck, at this rate we will be back at Rodman just as the last bike pulls out!!

now thats funny.   ;D ;D ;D

                        100 riders X 6' per quad  =   600'
average 20' spacing between quads X 100 = 2,000'
                 total group ride streched out = 2,600'

thats just under 1/2 mile

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

budman

I wonder if there is a guiness book of records listing on how many bikes get lost in the woods at once? just kidding....with our fearless leaders...no one will get lost...for long ;D

 and Grizz I'm not picking on you yet...
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Redgrizzly660

Location

Rodman Dam
N 29 30.097 W081 48.909

Camp #2 Old hand pump
N 29 22.729 W081 48.490

88 Stores
N 29 21.574 W081 49.228

Eureka dam
N 29 22.738 W 081 53.328

Bike (a Place to ride from close to Elite)
N 29 23.420 W 081 42.509

Redgrizzly660


dreth

Quotejust like last time?.... ;D Heck, at this rate we will be back at Rodman just as the last bike pulls out!!
i was thinking we could just relay the food and drinks for the store :D

GaryinSeffner

hey grizz and the fearless leaders......I've never been to ocala to ride and I dont own a gps.....so if we get lost at least I'll have a camping buddy.....because you guys wont be able to lose me in those woods I guarantee you haha. I'm gonna track you "veterans" like a hound...lol.....j/k I have faith in you guys and I'm looking forward to the ride....

Gary
[url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg[/url]

Thrasher

is someone gonna warn the folks at the 88 store ? :D
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Da_Mtg_Man

Quoteis someone gonna warn the folks at the 88 store ? :D

Either myself or Jeff is gonna call Mike at the 88 store and see about  him bringing in some BBQ or something.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

racemanfl

Thanks Grizz you the man  Jerry

njarrett

It will cost less than $20/shirt.  However, the best way to get a good price would be to order in bulk.  This would be close to $2k.  I would hate for anyone to pay that much and then not get screwed if you don't sell them all.  Also, you have to but in groups of 6.  ^ shirts will cost a little over $135 total.
If someone wants to take their chances they could charge $20-$25/shirt and make a little profit for their investment.

My two cents on the shirt design if this happens would be, cut the names and use the tire on the back like Chris had pasted.  All the names will be changing and it just looks to cluttered.  Maybe the front of the last shirt design with Chris's back design, if that makes sense.

NaplesRaptor

 shirts can be made for well under $10 per shirt,  I've seen simple ones go for $3 each, if you buy 100 shirts.

sk8r_dude

With this many people, we need communication. I just ordered 2 hands free units from www.motocomm.com I'll let you all know how they work out. They are compatable with my new 4 watt 12 mile range midland radios. Speakers and microphone fit inside your helmet (open or full face) and a weather proof PTT switch mounts to your handlebars you just push it to talk. Cost on the set up with out radio is $59.99 ea.

At the last ride we had several mishaps with people getting separated. This may help.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

jeremy

whoever calls the 88 store ask em to get anouther pizza over :D

Ida_Mann

I'm thinking of taking off from my place and riding to Rodman Dam in the morning then joining up for the ride and riding with the group to the 88 store,,,,then home from there.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

I'd have to leave about 5am I think to be able to make it there at a reasonable time,,,,hmmmm, things to think about.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

kfor

I have the same thing for my rhino's.  works pretty good and doesnt cause problems in the helmet.

QuoteWith this many people, we need communication. I just ordered 2 hands free units from www.motocomm.com I'll let you all know how they work out. They are compatable with my new 4 watt 12 mile range midland radios. Speakers and microphone fit inside your helmet (open or full face) and a weather proof PTT switch mounts to your handlebars you just push it to talk. Cost on the set up with out radio is $59.99 ea.

At the last ride we had several mishaps with people getting separated. This may help.

jjamesbar

the more radios the better. bring em on!

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

QuoteI'm thinking of taking off from my place and riding to Rodman Dam in the morning then joining up for the ride and riding with the group to the 88 store,,,,then home from there.

Id@

we outta ride to your cabin anyway. its probably just another 8 miles through the woods. we'll eat there. it would probably put your neighbors into shock though.

jeff

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

NOS_PRAIRIE

I have the Dewalt mounted tune it in can you here me know!!!
05 BRUTE FORCE 750
JW Armor Skids
Highlifter Timing Advancer
Vision 8" Beadlock Wheels
26" Mudlites



Thrasher

#299
I think they are talking 2 way radios

but tunes are always good too!
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis