gator mud tires?

Started by Fox17, October 11, 2006, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox17


MachineDog

Mudbugs are the same tire but lighter and run almost correct size. The gators are heavier and are supposed to run small. Meaning when you buy a 26 it might run almost at a 25 under usual air pressure between 3 and 6 psi.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Kawa3

I hear of more poeple buying mudbugs than gators which are the same thing. Go with bugs IMO(actaully I would go with outlaws)
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

rancher4lyfe

I GOT 26'S ON MY RANCHER AND THEY WORK REAL GOOD...BUT IM GOING EITHER VAMPIRES OR OUTLAWS NEXT!!!
LTR450 YELLOW WITH C-BOMB,PRO TAPERS AND NERF BARS .RANCHER 350 26"GATORS ON ITP RIMS
2003 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB WITH EXHAUST

yunt2ride

I have the mud bugs which are the same as a gator and love them.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Fox17

would the gators do as good as mud bugs? we can get a great deal on them with c series wheels from a shop round here.

Kawa3

Same tread and all so it should do the same. But if the gators really are heavier they will rob more power. See if they can do bugs instead of gators.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

MachineDog

Quote from: Kawa3 on October 11, 2006, 10:51:33 PM
Same tread and all so it should do the same. But if the gators really are heavier they will rob more power. See if they can do bugs instead of gators.

Another point I forgot to mention, bugs are more expensive. Not by much, but between 5 and 10 dollars per tire.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Fox17

would a stock rancher manual shift 4x4 pull them til we get the pipe and all?

Kawa3

Quote from: Fox17 on October 11, 2006, 10:59:32 PM
would a stock rancher manual shift 4x4 pull them til we get the pipe and all?

Yes it shouldn't have a problem unless its reallllllly thick but then i dont think it will have to much of a problem there either.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Fox17

k well my da dis set on these gators but i will show him those bugs and see if he likes them and if the guy has some we might get them. thanks everyone. ;)

yunt2ride

I would pull up the weight specs on both the gators and the mud bugs. I think they are the same because they are both six ply tires and exactly the same tread. Only difference is the name on side.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Fox17

i couldnt find the specs. i looked. :-\

yunt2ride

looked it up for you.

Gators

26x12x12   weight 33.3
26x10x12   weight 26.8

That came off greenballs website, which is what I think is GBCs website

Mudbugs

26x12x12   weight 28.4
26x10x12   weight 24.7

That came off of Maxxis website

Mudbugs are lighter
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Joedirt

I have run Gators on every Bike except the King Quad I have.....I chose them over MudBugs , because the Lug felt stiffer..and the Price was right...My wife has a set on her Vinson and here it a year later and they Look Brand New...Artic Cat I bought 4 Months after the Vinson has Mud Bugs..and they look like crap....AGAIN This is MY Opinion.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Fox17

well that aint too much difference i guess. the extra pounds are worth not tryin to talk dad into some other ones.

Fox17

btw i have never beed a big maxxis fan either. my dad hates their truck tires. so we will prolly get the gators. o and we like Florida so it all works out. Go Gators!

MachineDog

Actually, the extra weight can account for alot if we're talking about what the engine has to turn. You might aswell put a 20 lb weight onto the driveshaft. You will notice a different probably, but the gators will probably do just as good. I sure hope the rancher can turn 26s, I'll have them on hopefully this weekend.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Fox17

when you get them let me know how they do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com