Trip Out West

Started by Moose, August 18, 2006, 02:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

A few pics from our trip. We had a blast, except not being able to ride.

Went to my cousin's house in Arkansas first, and this deer would drop by every once in a while and play with his dog. I was finally there to get some of it. They would chase each other all over the yard, then he would just walk off.





They would play around a bush.












LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

#1
Then we went on a canoe float fishing/camping trip for 3 days. Had to carry everything in dry bags, and had to use special mats to sleep on because of the rocks. No sand bars, all rocks, and more rocks. Clean though. I'm going back as soon as I can I tell ya.

Stop for the first night to set up camp and get dinner going. Then some fishing. This is my cousin and Brian getting ready to unload.





My cousin goofing off, he had a few in him by then.




This is looking up river that first stop for the night.


Cousin fishing just up from camp. We would go down the little shoals and pick up speed like a E-ticket ride at Disney. Brian would hoot and woot. I would just sit back and steer, it was a blast. One shoal we dropped 4' in about 50' of distance. We got some speed up on that one. No time for pics, and no one around.


Small mouth bass, they don't grow very fast, as the water never gets over 65 deg. It was 58 deg. when we were there. They grow slower in cold water.


Stop for the 2nd night, notice the rock wall on the other side of the river in the next pic.


There's one house way at the top. They have the best view from there. Two huge deer crossed the river right before dark right by our camp. Brian heard them coming and we saw them cross the river and go into the brush.








Fishing before dark


Camp for the 2nd night.


Brian putting a worm on, the mighty fisherman.


Look what he got in about 20 seconds. Sun perch.


Here's one big small mouth bass, about 7-8 years old. We let them all go, it was easier to eat the food we had than clean them.


This is my Aunt and Uncle's house, 89 steps up. That's my 93yo grandma up top. The dock has to be able to go up and down 10'-15' as there is a hydro about 7 miles up river. This is about one hour north of Little Rock.






Here's the game wardens after they checked 8 of us on the dock.
They said thanks and went on, checked everyone they saw.


Here's some Canadian Geese that never went home. They loved the cold water. No we didn't swim, you would last about 5 minutes. It was cold all the time. Below 60deg always I think.



Here's a doe and her yearling right across the river from my aunts. I took these off the deck way up at the house.




Here's up river at 6:30am, doesn't get any better. Catching rainbow trout, drinking coffee, watching the day wake up.


Down river.


My brother with a nice rainbow trout.


Here's the real brown trout with another cousin holding on.





LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

MuddFreak77

Great Pictures Bruce!!!!  That is truely God's Country.
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

gery350

Quote from: MuddFreak77 on August 18, 2006, 02:57:02 PM
Great Pictures Bruce!!!!  That is truely God's Country.

ditto!
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

#4
Cool pics. Every time I see pictures like that is makes me want to move out of this flat, sandy, hot state.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Alba450

Dang Nice pics!!1

I would really like to live their
Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

UncleRico

Great Shots...which River is that?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Moose

I'm thinking about moving there I tell ya, places to ride all over.

The river we floated is called the Crooked Creek, spring fed, far north Arkansas.

The river my aunt lives on is the Little Red River, draining water from the Greer's Ferry, about 1hr north of Little Rock.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

#8
Went to my grandma's house north of Tulsa. She and my grandpa grew up there, then raised my mom and her 2 sisters there.

This is Bird Creek. My grandpa played there as a boy, and my mom played there as a child. All the rock is sandstone.






This is a big hole the water made over the years when the water is high. You could set a big quad in there, it's big.








Big chunk of sandstone a different color.
















This is from drilling a hole in sandstone for a power pole years ago. My grandpa found it many years ago.


An old oil well, it was running when I took this.




They picked up the rocks from the fields right there to put on sides of buildings.






Here is a fire place at a cousin's from the rock, and the entire outside of her house is rock like the barn.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

UncleRico

Wow..that's some great shots.

I always laugh when people say "I love America" but they actually, mean is they love the American Form of Government.

I have had the good fortune to travel all over the U.S. into some of the lesser known areas, and I can honestly say, I LOVE AMERICA, the place.

It's great little known places like the one's you guys shot, that makes this country so cool.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Moose

#10
Then we went to Oklahoma City to see more family. While there we went to the bombing site memorial. Quite moving.
168 people died, 19 children, they had a day care. I have a cousin that was there, lived thank GOD. She had went to the bathroom, and all of the sudden it was all black. She opened the door, and nothing was there. Her desk and co-workers were gone, for ever. Someone else got her out another door.





A wall on each end of where the building was.


Part of the original fence erected after the bombing, with tokens of tribute to the dead.


From one side to the other.




A chair for each person that died, with their names.


Night shot.


This is the survivor tree, has been there for ever, and lived through the blast. Notice the fire escape on the building in the back all tore up. They left it that way as a tribute.


If you want to see more go here.
http://www.newsok.com/bombing/intro/
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

T2

That some really Nice pics.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

yunt2ride

Cool pics Moose. Looks like you all had a blast.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com