Where can I find a Keihin bigger float valve comp.? ATP Performance???

Started by Old_School, August 09, 2006, 01:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_School

Anybody? It's also called the needle and seat. I have a PWK 41mm and it's pinging on the high end. I talked to a 500 guru and he mentioned that this could be too small. Don't know where to purchase one. thanks. -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

fastrnrik

Who is your 500 guru? I'm doing up an '89 'Zilla, and I'm always looking for good contacts. I have got to be pretty good friends with Quad32x through this, and he's been extremely helpful for "Zilla stuff. Any info would be appreciated. 

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Old_School

TRX- I checked there but didn't find a place where they had the float valves for sale.

Don't listen to quad, the only thing he can help you on is how to drink beer...........really fast! ;)

There is a guy that goes by the name of Dr.Q. He specializes in 500's and know his stuff. That and there's a website that is for quadracers and zillas only. Some good info there. 

http://s15.invisionfree.com/LT250_LT500HQ/index.php

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

A.T.P. RACING

I am not sure what your definition of pinging on top is, but if it is what I am thinking, it sounds like you just need a bigger main jet.
If you would like, you could send me the carb and I could take a look at the float level what jets and needle are in it. If you do decide to send it to us, go out and make a wide open pass on it and kill the engine while you are at full throttle. Do Not Restart the engine after that. Pull the spark plug and send it along with the carb. We will see if we can help you out.


Thanks,
Mike
ATP Racing
[url="//www.allterrainperformance.com"]www.allterrainperformance.com[/url]

Old_School

Mike, Thanks for the offer. It's a 41mm PWK with a 53 idle jet and a 190 main. The clip is at the middle and the needle is a DGH (came with). It only pings when I hold the rpms for a long period of time under load. I run 100 octane and has about 170psi of compression.  I have a 200 main I might throw in it and see what happens. Either that or I think I have to run higher octane.... it does have a 59cc dome (stock was 62cc).  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Nightbreed

Sorry I have not replied in so long. Call me at the shop if you dont hear from me online for any more than a day.

Let me know if you figured it all out. I think you should try running 110 before anything else.
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!