2005 Polaris 700 Sportsman overheating problems

Started by stacktester, August 09, 2006, 01:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacktester

Has anybody had problems with the 2005 Polaris Sportsman overheating? My friend has a 700 Dale Jr Edition and she has had her's in the shop several times for the same thing or other problems. Now that her warranty is up of course Polaris is saying take it to the shop and have it checked out. On top of all this there is a recall on the same model she has. Polaris says it's not in the same vin number range as the recall is quoting. I find it strange that it's the same year and the problem is exactly the same except they said it could also catch fire and cause bodily harm on the recall notice. Hopefully somebody has had warranty issues or may know what to do when a manufacturer doesn't stand behind a product. I think it's sad when u buy a $7k piece of equipment and the company won't stand behind a product. Thanks for any help u can offer.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

stacktester

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

yunt2ride

Take off the front bumper so you can get to the radiator real close. This is so easy once you start taking off the bolts. It takes me about 3 minutes to have it off. Spray some degreaser in the radiator and let set for a few minutes. Then hose it off. It will eliminate your problems. I got to where I do it after each time after I get home when I play in the mud.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

94Hardbody4x4

Quote from: yunt2ride on August 09, 2006, 01:22:45 PM
Take off the front bumper so you can get to the radiator real close. This is so easy once you start taking off the bolts. It takes me about 3 minutes to have it off. Spray some degreaser in the radiator and let set for a few minutes. Then hose it off. It will eliminate your problems. I got to where I do it after each time after I get home when I play in the mud.

Exactly. My friend had overheating issues at Mudfest this weekend and the cause was ofcourse a clogged radiator. If your in mud at all, even a little, it can cause cooling issues. And I bet that 700 is water cooled so it's very dependent on that radiator.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!